Washington, DC
University of the District of Columbia

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of the District of Columbia

Ava

Great small classes and great professors for the most part. I have learned a lot, however there isn't much student life on campus. I wish there were more clubs and things to do, but because I attend the community college, many of the students are adults with full time jobs, so I understand.

Kiana

By this being the only school I have attended, I have no complaints. When I first started UDC, it was easy to get around campus, and my professors were very understanding. I never had any issues there and the work was easy to learn. I wouldn't want to go to any other school, because i have been treated so good.

Don'nasia

The University of the District of Columbia a HBCU located right in the capital of the United States. Because D.C. is a college town there are plenty of resources and tons of internships. The professors at UDC are extremely helpful and any which way possible. UDC only has off-campus housing in apartments. UDC isn't a big college but it is bigger than an average small college which allows fewer distractions for us college students. There is also greek life on campus. There aren't any classes on fridays. Who doesn't love a 3 day weekend every weekend? The only downfall about UDC in my opinion is that we don't have a football team. Tuition at UDC is very affordable. Our President Ronald Mason Jr. Is very involved on our campus and is always looking for a way to im improve it.

leslie

its great

its great

Christopher

The University of the District of Columbia is a university that has a number of opportunities for students who apply themselves. Good facilities for cultivating the students need for higher education. Professors who truly invest their time into their students, and are always presenting new opportunities to excel to hardworking students.

Ebony

The University of the District of Columbia is an amazing school. Its filled with tons of resources and history to use and learn from. Everyone is very kind and helpful. We lift wach other to come together for the collective good and achieve a common goal. The school is easy to navigate through. The school had amazing resources available for students or profess To use

CHRISTOPHER

University of the District of Columbia is a great place to be, a citadel of learning. The learning environment, performance of the academic and non-academic staff, and the college activities all contribute to the greatness of the learning environment. The commitment of the College SEVIS coordinator helps new international students a great deal in getting acclimatized in the college and the United States fast.

Anton

UDC is a really amazing school. Everything from the campus lunch to the university housing is great. The professors there are always willing to help. When ever I need tutoring the professors will always find a time and a place to tutor me. The class sizes normally range between 23-30 students , which is ideal for any student that needs a bit more support or attention. Th Greek life on campus is very lively, how ever they may not be very apparent at times. Also, the student body is very diverse and interactive with each other and the community around the campus. Overall, I believe this school will prove to be beneficial to any student who wants a great education and a better amount of food,fun and family.

Shaniqua

I hate this school and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. (But there are some good teachers and students occasionally.)

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Since I attend the community college, we don't have a cafeteria, but there are lots of eateries within walking distance. (Starbucks, Chipotle, McDonalds...)

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Because I couldn't afford to go anywhere else. (I'm here to get my general education requirement classes out of the way so I can transfer somewhere else.)

How often should I phone home? Is once a day too much?

Depends on where you're from. Majority of the students (myself included) are from and live in DC so that's not an issue for us.

The financial aid office! No matter how early you turn in your required documents, they'd still take a long time to "process" them! (Also, they'd email you constantly if you need to pay your bill but won't email you with any available scholarship opportunities.)

There's nothing about this school to brag about, other than the fact that it is an HBCU.

The students and the financial aid office! Many students already have their specific group of friends, which makes it harder for new students to make friends and the financial aid office is unnecessarily slow with processing documents.

University of the District of Columbia administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.