San Antonio, TX
University of the Incarnate Word

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of the Incarnate Word

Cesar

If I could go back to my senior year in high school and give myself advice about college, I would encourage myself to cherish every second I have left with my family. Ever since I’ve made my transition to college, I’ve experienced a void in my life. I miss my household more than I ever thought I would, and I hardly see them now. I grow eager for a vacation or a break, just so I can go back to my hometown and visit them again. It finally hit me. If I feel this kind of loss just by being away from them for a few weeks, imagine how I would feel if one day I was to miserably lose the presence of my parents. The thought of never having a “break” or “holiday” to see them again just distresses me. So I would definitely remind myself to enjoy the precious moments I have with my loved ones and never take them for granted, because you never know when God will take them to be with Him.

If I could go back in time I would honestly tell myself to work smart not hard. College is very frustrating at the beginning when your a freshman. Your getting used to a new school, your more to yourself, and your always busy with school work. College isn't a joke either its just as serious as high school was especially during finals. You're staying up hours in preperation of your up coming exam.

A person who's willing to attend this school should have high expectations, committed, and a hard worker. I think if a person who lacks in their work shouldn't attend this school or any school at all. A person who is willing to go to college will excel in the paths they choose to succeed in and they have high standards in what they choose to do in life. Life is always about being commited, and to never give up you always want to reach high expections for yourself and for your future.

Tution is really high, it would be difficult for myself to pay back all the college expenses. I am honestly afraid that by the time I recieve my masters degree and graduate from this school I will be in debt. Although, this isn't the main reason why I cant afford this school, both of my parents are unemployed, disabled, and are on social security. Therefore, my parents don't have the money so that I could afford a four year college.

Aimee

If I could go back and tell myself anything about college life, it would be that things only get better from here. Highschool is socially rough which takes a toll on your academics. College is different. You are not trapped with people who bully you or cheat off you, so you can focus on your education more. You learn what interests you, and are encourages to persue your passions, rather than complete a checklist of classes for a Diploma. I would encourage any student to get to know their college professors and ask them questions. Attend office hours and dont be afraid to question things, the answers they will provide can only help. I would also encourage students to find their study niche. If starbucks works for you, great. If the library is less distracting, thats good too. Try to discover the option that is most fitting to your needs. Make time for studying but also enjoy a social life and the campus life. The transition from highschool to college provides more freedom and time for personal growth, which when used responsably, can lead to an all around happier life.

The school really expects you to do well and try. They provide the students with plenty of study areas, wifi, even free coffee and cookies during finals weeks..... Anything to get us learning. There is a sense of community without having to be in Greek Life or an athletic team. Everybody understands that its a small school, and we all help each other through the tougher classes. Its great.

The food here on campus is always a hit or miss. It could be great one day, and horrible the next. Its all very expensive as well. I tend to eat off campus more than on campus because the pricing is about the same but the quality is so much higher. The cafeteria is a sad, sad place.

Tori

Something unique about The University of the Incarnate Word is that the San Antonio River begins on campus. The other schools i had considered there was no historical or meaningful thing on campus.

If I could go back and talk to my senior self I would tell myself to just breathe and everything will fall into place. My senior year I stressed about getting into the college of my choice and that is why I would give myself these key words of advice. I would also tell myself that choosing to apply the University of the Incarnate Word would be the best decision that you are going to make this whole year. I would tell myself this because now that attend this school, I know that it really is the best school for me because I feel like I fit right in. I am extremely glad I have this opportunity to attend such a great school like it. Another thing I would tell myself is to not worry about what people say senior year and to not get caught up in what everyone else was doing because some of these people will not go to college with you so nothing they say or do matters. I believe every high school senior should know that after high school, the things you did there does not matter and you will not have the same friends.

Something i wish i had known before i went to UIW is how nice the professors are. they have helped me in the transition from high school to college.

Bryanna

My school is very diverse and the people are friendly.

My school is very diverse and the people are friendly.

If i could give my senior self some advice, the number one thing would be about scholarships. I did apply for several scholarships, however, I would warn myself to have started even earlier and to take them more seriously. I would also tell myself to get involved. You are transitioning into an entirely new environment, often which is not near home or consisting of many people most of which you do not know. This is why it is important to find a place where you belong and to make a lot of friends. The last piece of advice I would give myself would be to take care of myself. It is important to realize that no one in particular has your best interest better than you.

The worst thing i consider about my school is that is very quite and calm on the weekends. I personally like to be intertained and busy. I like having things to do and i do not feel there is mcuh to do on campus.

Brianna

Were a catholic university so 2we have a chapel

Were a catholic university so 2we have a chapel

Dont give up, keep going because you are going to make it. fights with your friends and drama are not worth it all. Know what you can do and just keep believing in yourself. Work hard for you and nobody else

dominique

University of the Incarnate Word is an amazing school. The classes are small so you get a great learning experience and a better relationship with your teachers.

If i could go back in time I would tell myself to focus more on school and retake my SAT and ACT until I get a good score.

I wish that I knew how important my SAT and ACT scores are because if i would've known I would've tried harder and retake them while i had the chance.

Athena

They are not as one minded but more open minded, its like a little family in some way or another everyone is closely knitted.

knowing what i know now I would encourage myself to find more scholarships and brokaden my college search. I would recomend starting college summer courses before the fall semster of my freshman year of college. Although I love my current school it woukd have been nice to have had more choices, I would probably advise myself to try even hardeder than I did before because every little grade has a big impact on my GPA. Lastly I would recomend enjoying every moment and get ready for much more diversity and maybe have an idea of where to study abroad in mind.

Its rather old so some buildings show the ware and tear.

I remember my first day of freshman year so clearly. I was filled with nervousness, not about my classes or my teachers but about my friends and the upperclassmen. If I could tell my freshman self a piece of advice I would say “I know you care about what others think of you, but trust me your grades are the most important. Study for ALL of your test, finish your assignments early, prepare for the SAT, and get a planner! I know it seems stupid now, but when you are a senior and you are applying for scholarships you will understand.” I wish someone would have given me some advice my freshman year, I went into high school so egocentric and unfocused. I ended up graduating high school with a 3.8 GPA and I was in the top 10% of my class, but I could have done tremendously better if I had that one piece of advice.

The transition from high school to college can be terrifying, you have lots of freedom and responsibilities. I wish that I would have known prior to coming to Incarnate Word that I have plenty of time to study! I was scared that I would always be on the go but I am doing 16 hours this semester and I have time to get ahead and excel in my schoolwork. It is challenging but I wish that I knew that it isn't so bad, it is manageable.

The University of the Incarnate Word is an exceptional campus. I love how beautiful it is, the atmosphere is welcoming and breathtaking .Every time I walk around campus I find things that are so gorgeous such as hiking trails, bridges and picnic areas. The staff is so helpful that I am not afraid to talk to my professors or to walk into a tutoring center. This campus is very welcoming and strives to help their students as much as they can. I am elated that I chose this university and I brag about it any time I can.

Douglas

I would've told myself to start working earlier! This was my all-time dream school because I felt like this school was special and it was the right one to help me in whatever major I wanted to be. But it is a lot of money. And right now, I'm behind on my paying my tuition. I should've worked earlier, and started saving. I also live with a difficult personality at home. All he wants to do is look down to me as a rookie in my beginning life. I am, but I dont need to be hated on with every mistake I've made for it is already in my knowledge. I wish I could've told myself to ignore him as well and do what I had to do for school before I started. I've lived under his and only his advice to control me. I wish I could've broken that a long time ago. I wish I could've learned to be my own person before I started college, ending up being the only person I had.

This school is all about strengthening your faith. They don't care exactly what your relgion is, they care that you stay true to it and who you are, because religion is something important, something that gives you faith. If you don't have any type of religion, it's fine, they just care that you believe in yourself and are faithful to yourself and others. That's what I find amazing about this school. It makes me feel welcome with whoever I am.

Someone that is hardworking, that has worked hard to get to where they are now. And they want to be surrounded with only things that support them in whatever comes in their way. Someone who wants to see the good in things, and if something goes wrong, they won't be bashed for it, but pushed to do the right thing or make the right decision to make it all OK again.

University of the Incarnate Word administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.