San Antonio, TX
University of the Incarnate Word

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of the Incarnate Word

kristen

I would of told myself to be better prepare when applying for scholarships. being accpted into a school isn't hard work for you it's being able to pay for that's the hard part.

the best thing about my school is that it's a private environment and it's great to learn there.

The most frusrtating thing about my school is being able to pay for it.

Bryan

Incarnate Word is a small university that is working meticulously on making its voice heard in the high achieving academic realm in the United States.

This is an easy answer. I would tell myself to not be afraid of pursuing my dream of going to school in the east coast where the medical schooling is more competitive in my opinion. I was afraid that I would not get enough financial aid to attend any colleges, so I did not bother applying to them which became one of the biggest mistakes I could make. Yes, I do go to a good university, but I am not completely happy there. I believe that I have to move out to the east coast to get the true expereince of being on my own in a foreign environment. I somewhat regret going to college with one of my best friends because it is not teaching me to grow up on my own without any help. Lastly, I would tell my senior self to get off my lazy posterior and apply for as many scholarships that my fingers can type. There is so much free money that can be won online, but you have to put in the time and effort in order for it to pay off. You never know what you can achieve unless you take the risk.

What I tell them is how much fun San Anonio is compared to my city of El Paso. The school itself has a beautiful campus as well as a well rounded academic standard. I tell them all about the Honors Program that I am in and how much they demand from me as a student and as a fellow person of the community around me. It is a true experience to go off to college in another city and to be on your own as you are growing up.

Neil

My I would give to my highschool self is do your work and projects on time, and do wait until the last minute to finish your work or project. I was a major slaker during my seinor year of high school. I got my work do, but I would always procrastinate on my work until the night before it was due. That really effected my grade because even though I got my work done on time, some of the work decent or not done correctly. I would always procrastinate on test as well, even though sometimes I would make good grades on my test, but sometime I would fail those test. doing your work early means that you do not have to worry about at a later time and you can go over make correction of that work in order to get a good grade. I have struggled with procrastination many times and it can really affect your grade because you need that grade in order to have a good GPA and get into a good college. I have somewhat overcame my procrastination, I still struggle with it sometimes. Don't procrastinate and get your work done on time.

The small class room sizes because you can actually interact with your proffessor and ask him questions about the assignment or course. The way the proffessors interact with you and wants to help succeed in the class room. Even though your proffessor is trying to help you the best way they can , it is still your responsibility to get your work done on time and show up to class. The workstudy job I had at the bussiness office was another good thing i liked about my school because I loved the job and the work it had to offer.

That the school is great with a good sized campus and small classrooms. The campus is beautiful and their are a lot of clubs to join, activities to do, and special events to go to. I love the school because proffessors connect with you on personal level and wants you to do your very best with your major and education.

Zandra

If I could go back in time to talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to stop stressing out so much. I was prepared for college even if I didn’t feel like it, and it wouldn’t be as bad as everyone made it seem. I was worried that I would lose contact with my best friends because we were going to different schools, and that added the stress of not having them there with me in this new journey. I’ve always had trouble with school and I was worried that college would be a lot harder and that stressed me out even more. I would tell myself to just take it one day at a time, pay attention in class and turn in all my work. High school teachers always made college professors seem scary, and I was mostly worried about that, so I would tell myself that they were actually really nice and helpful and not to worry about that. I would tell myself to be open to making new friends and that would make the transition between high school and college a lot easier.

The Fall semester will be my first semester at this school, I am a transfer student.

Jocelyn

My university is filled with anything and everything that makes me feel safe, like a family and a home away from my home.

Currently there's construction being done on the school campus and as well in the street infront of the campus which makes it difficult to manuver yourself around.

Mollimichelle

My school is best known for it's service to the community. Each year, students put in thousands of hours of community service and thouroughly enjoy giving back to the community.

The best advice I could give myself about college would be to take advantage of all the opportunities that are presented. College gives students the opportunity to try new and different things as well as to excel in familiar things. There are sports, clubs, research, jobs, lectures, travel, and community service just to name a few. Each of these activities allows students to learn about new things. The things they participate in college may even continue to be activities they pursue in the future. They may spark a passion or show a student "this isn't for you." It also gives students a chance to connect with other students and develop their networking skills. Some of these people may go on to help you find a job or advance in your career. Opportunities like these in college allow a student to decide where they stand on certain issues and ultimately help students develop into their future selves. Taking advantage of opportunties is the most important part of college in my opinion and I would hope I could convince anyone in high school about this.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the students who don't take advantage of all the opportunities that are available to them. UIW offers extracurricular activities, lectures, tours, concerts and so many other things, but some students don't participate in them and I feel as if they are missing out on a vital part of the community at UIW.

Shannon

I would tell myself to apply myself more while in undergrad. My GPA and classes almost kept me from getting into graduate school and being able to continue my learning. I would tell myself that the required freshman classes are required for a reason and that I need to be sure to apply myself. I played soccer for my undergraduate university, and had a part-time job, so I was very busy outside of school. However, I believe I could have applied myself more.

It is a private school so it is very expensive to attend here. If you are tight on money, a public school may be the better option.

The graduate program that I am in is very time demanding and the workload is intense. I would not recommend those looking for an easy courseload to attend here.

Tracey

My school is a wonderful place to be at any time of the day and feels like home.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a High School senior, there are many things that I would tell myself about college life and how to handle it all. My first topic would be "don't sweat the small stuff". If you're late to a class, don't be embarrassed to walk in instead of skipping it altogether because mistakes happen every day and worrying about it constantly will not help you or the situation. If you trip and fall don't turn a different shade of red, just laugh it off and keep going. Everyone falls sometimes right? It was just your day to do so. Secondly, and most importantly, I would tell myself "just be you". Being my true self is one of the hardest things I have learned to do. I tried to impress people but in the end it was my natural self that won people over and helped me to create the wonderful memories I will hold dear for the rest of my life.

What I wish I had known before I came to school was that it was prefectly alright to take more that twelve hours a semester. I got advice to take only that many hours and not more because it might be too much of a work load. The bad thing is that with only twelve hours per semester, the degree plan goes from four years to five years. I wish I had known I was more than capable of taking more hours that suggested. I figured out later that fifteen to eighteen hours is perfect for my learning style.

University of the Incarnate Word administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.