University of the Incarnate Word

« See more reviews of University of the Incarnate Word

Local staff were great, buut it was difficult to get a hold of a human at the main campus. Messages frequently went unreturned, when I asked (bty email) if an activity meet the community service requirements I never did get an answer. Financial Aid department was unhelpfull. The financial aide advisors at my previous school had helped my complete the paperwork necessary to obtain a dependancy over-ride. UIW's financial aide staff told me there was no way to get a dependancy override, and weren't interested in trying to find out otherwise.

While being in this campus I think that the worst thing about this school is that some of the buildings are really old. Due that I have allergies and the humidity and the old smell affects my eyes and nose when I walk or have classes in these buildings. I remember that one semester was taking my Religious class and honestly I couldn?t breathe right due that it was bothering my allergies and couldn't consentrate in class. And I honestly think that old building should be remodel from the inside.

There is only two things about Incarnate Word that I would consider being the worst is the food and parking. Before we got our new football team we had the BEST food because we paid for it item by item. Now, we have a football team and the food administration had to find a way to feed the big men without them running out of money. So they made it a buffet style and the quality of food went down. Uggh! Lastly, the parking. If you dont get there by 8 your parking a Central Market!

The worst thing about my school is that some of the elevators aren't very efficient for the handicapped. I enjoy my school very much, but when I see constant troubles with some of the elevators, I wish we had better ones for them. One elevator in particular, in the fine arts building, can't work unless the gate to the elevator upstairs is closed. Many people forget, but how are the handicapped suppose to make it up the stairs? That, in my opinion, is the worst thing aobut my school.

I honestly do no have much to complain about my school. I love the size, it is on the smaller level which creates small classes and an opportunity for my proffesors to really get to know me. There are many organizations and campus events are clearly advertised so no student misses out. The school has up-to-date technology and its facilities are modern. The curriculum is challenging, yet managable. Out of everything, the one thing there is to complain about is parking.

The worst thing about my school, and the only thing that I can scrape out of the corner of my mind, would be the prices of the books and the high tuition. As a member of the middle class, it's difficult for me to gather enough money together to pay for books and any extra tuition my financial aid does not cover. I always have to surrender my pride and ask for financial help from my parents.

The worst thing about my school is that the campous only has about 5 places to eat, and on saturday and sunday only one is open. The one that is open I don't particulary enjoy that food their is also a limited amout of places that you can walk to, to get something to eat. Their is a central market and a babe-que place and a cup cake shop. So to really get someting you really need a car.

The worst thing about this school is the overwhelming workload and the fact that the animation department only has one available professor, who seems to be unfairly worked himself. It would be great to have several knowlegable professors to learn from instead of just one. The workload itself is so much that I personally have no time to spend with friends outside of class.

Primarily, I have found that the lack of attention to post graduation skills and practical appilcation based on the necessary job skills needed to be successful in the art related field that I am in have been grossly lacking. I enjoy the encouragment to conceptualize, but have often wished for more when it comes to knowing what to do with all those creative ideas.

The worst thing would be the facilities. The cost to attend this school is very high, and none of the money you fork out shows on campus. The classrooms are mostly old and outdated, some employees are unprofessional, and the shuttle service is very slow and not reliable. I would expect to attend classes in a nicer environment with the high tuition costs.