University of the Incarnate Word

« See more reviews of University of the Incarnate Word

A person who is achieving high in learning should not attend the University of the Incarnate Word. For the cost to attend this school it is definitely not worth the price. Since it is a private university it is outrageously expensive. Also, since the university as such a high acceptance rate the students there are not of the highest intelligence. A person who is trying to be serious about the goals should not attend this school either. The students party a good amount and it can get out of hand at times, especially when trying to study for tests.

If you have money issues or can't get a large amount of financial aid then you shouldn't attend this school. Typically, if you have an outstanding balance, it becomes apparent around the time to register for the next semester's classes. If you have a balance, forget about early or on-time registration and forget about being able to focus on finals. That huge balance will become your main concern. Also, don't attend this school if your not really focused on the medical field or a business field. There are plenty more schools better.

No student should be left out if he/she wants to achieve their goals in getting a degree for a better life. People do mistakes but we cannot judge for a better success in life. There?s Universities that go through GPA?s and if the student has a low GPA they get regreted. I think this is part of being racial too. Because Universities should consider in helping that specific student in succeeding in life. Most Universities don?t know that this is part of their job too in making a better world for the future of tomorrow.

As I opened my acceptance letter into the graphic design program at UIW all I could think of was how much of a challenge it was going to be to become successful. Based on former students from the university, a person that shouldn't attend this school is one who does not have motivation, procrastinates, and does not have an open mind to learning. A lot of people tell me it is "a huge work load," so if you have trouble meeting deadlines and doing homework you probably won't do well at this school.

A person who's willing to attend this school should have high expectations, committed, and a hard worker. I think if a person who lacks in their work shouldn't attend this school or any school at all. A person who is willing to go to college will excel in the paths they choose to succeed in and they have high standards in what they choose to do in life. Life is always about being commited, and to never give up you always want to reach high expections for yourself and for your future.

The type of person who should not attend this school is one who is not driven academically. In order to survive in college, you must have a goal in mind of earning your degree and either getting a job or going on to graduate school. If you are coming to college in order to get away from your parents or to party, then the University of Incarnate Word is not for you. It is a small, Catholic University that is very focused on academics and community service.

It is a Catholic affliated school and even though Gay & Straight Alliance clubs are welcomed on campus, just in a different form of name, if I was a openly, gay, and liberal homosexual, I would rethink attending. This school is in no way discriminatory, but I would personally be more comfortable in going to a school where their were more people that thought and acted the same as I. I have many gay and lesbian friends that agree.

I believe people that do not take school or the classroom setting seriously should not attend this, nor any other school. People that may take offense easily to a different religion may not be fit for the school either. This is because there is a sense of religion in some courses as well as religious courses are a part of the minimum requirements.

Anyone who is not willing to work probably shouldn't go to Incarnate Word. Sure I have had my moments where I slacked off, but I had to pay for it by cramming and working twice as hard to produce good work. Professors here know when you don't give 100% work and in turn your grade suffers for it.

Anyone looking for a free ride to a degree or easy grades. Someone with extremely high expectations in the nutrition and fashion departments may be disappointed simply due to the cost of tuition and the equal amount of knowledge that can be learned at a less expensive school.