University of the Incarnate Word

« See more reviews of University of the Incarnate Word

The most frustrating thing about the University of the Incarnate Word is the fellow students learning habits. Many of the students are not achieving academic greatness and this sets others back. The teachers, instead of failing the student tend to push the high achieving students back. The high level of push back and the lack of knowledge that can be obtained is by far the most annoying part of the campus atmosphere. The University of the Incarnate Word could accelerate but, it is being pushed back by the students and the teachers sympathy for the students.

Financial aid seems to be the most difficult situation to deal with. It seems they build you up to believe that you will be rewarded fairly and enough to cover your financial responsibilites and then your left with a balance at the end of each semester, which leads to holds for regstration and headaches. It is frustrating when this occurs and another contributing factor would be the parking situation. Instead of a first come first serve registration on parking, residents have first pick, when they already have reserved parking.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of computers with the necessary progams for my major; while there are classrooms with the proper computers and programs available for student usage, that usage, obviously, diminishes with that room's designated class in session, leaving students like myself to go to the Media Center, where the computers for Computer Graphic Art Students are fewer in number and are often used to go on MySpace and Facebook, due to their good working condition, by other students.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that for all the money we spend to go there, we don't have new supplies. For example, some of the chairs are broken and really sqeaky. With all the money the school has we can't afford new chairs? Also, construction on the new art building is suppose to have started already, but it hasn't. We really need one for all the machinery and space required to work efficiently. It's the little things that are the most frustrating because they get overlooked.

The most frustrsating thing has to be the advisors and the lack of space at the university. I can never seem to get in touch with my advisor, and I have tried countless amounts of times. The university is a beautiful campus with a lot of beautiful students. The problem is that the student population is increasing yet the university is not. So it gets pretty crowded on the campus. Parking, as well, is frustrating because there is so little of it.

Tution is really high, it would be difficult for myself to pay back all the college expenses. I am honestly afraid that by the time I recieve my masters degree and graduate from this school I will be in debt. Although, this isn't the main reason why I cant afford this school, both of my parents are unemployed, disabled, and are on social security. Therefore, my parents don't have the money so that I could afford a four year college.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the students who don't take advantage of all the opportunities that are available to them. UIW offers extracurricular activities, lectures, tours, concerts and so many other things, but some students don't participate in them and I feel as if they are missing out on a vital part of the community at UIW.

University of The Incarnate Word is a small private college that amazingly contains so much life throughout the campus. The campus staff is extremely personal with its students, thus leading to an excellent learning facility. There are plenty of opportunities for students to succeed in their future career goals at this university.

Scholarships recieved as a freshman can easily be terminated if you have a rough semester and they are not helpful in helping you find additional financial aid nor do they offer additional scholarships for upperclassman or students who had scholarships terminated but have brough their GPA up.

The most frustraiting thing is that if you need help you go to one department of the school and they tell you one thing, and at the same tiime they tell you to go somewhere else. But then those people tell you diffrent its just that they give you the run- around. Depending on the people.