University of the Incarnate Word Top Questions

Tution is really high, it would be difficult for myself to pay back all the college expenses. I am honestly afraid that by the time I recieve my masters degree and graduate from this school I will be in debt. Although, this isn't the main reason why I cant afford this school, both of my parents are unemployed, disabled, and are on social security. Therefore, my parents don't have the money so that I could afford a four year college.

kristen

The most frusrtating thing about my school is being able to pay for it.

Mollimichelle

The most frustrating thing about my school is the students who don't take advantage of all the opportunities that are available to them. UIW offers extracurricular activities, lectures, tours, concerts and so many other things, but some students don't participate in them and I feel as if they are missing out on a vital part of the community at UIW.

Luke

The most frustrating thing about the University of the Incarnate Word is the fellow students learning habits. Many of the students are not achieving academic greatness and this sets others back. The teachers, instead of failing the student tend to push the high achieving students back. The high level of push back and the lack of knowledge that can be obtained is by far the most annoying part of the campus atmosphere. The University of the Incarnate Word could accelerate but, it is being pushed back by the students and the teachers sympathy for the students.

Sometimes the administration staff aren't always as helpful as they should be with students (Financial Aid, Residence Life)

Rochelle

no ABET accretidation for engineering program, lots of communters

Carlo

Too much beauracracy for such a small school. The student services need to change.

Susana

At first you don't know no one, but as times go by i get to know each one, all types of cultures, all diferent backgrounds.

Kaela

The most frustrating thing about my school is that for all the money we spend to go there, we don't have new supplies. For example, some of the chairs are broken and really sqeaky. With all the money the school has we can't afford new chairs? Also, construction on the new art building is suppose to have started already, but it hasn't. We really need one for all the machinery and space required to work efficiently. It's the little things that are the most frustrating because they get overlooked.

Daniela

Because the University is growing rapidly when they build they have to build up, so there is not much room. The layout of the school is frustrating the bookstore is on the other side of campus and the some of the dorms are on main campus and others are ten minutes away.

Marisol

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is expensive and I have to worry about looking for scholarships and other ways of making in order to pay for it.

Jaclyn

University of The Incarnate Word is a small private college that amazingly contains so much life throughout the campus. The campus staff is extremely personal with its students, thus leading to an excellent learning facility. There are plenty of opportunities for students to succeed in their future career goals at this university.

Adriana

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that shuttles take a while especially when it rains!!

Jonitra

The shuttle Buses do not run on a time secdual. There are about six buses and you will see one and then another one 1 minute later. Yet after that Second bus you might not see another one for another 15 or 20 minutes. Which doesn't mace since because this is a small school.

Patricia

The time it takes to get your tuition disbursements (wish it was immediate).

Gabriella

The most frustraiting thing is that if you need help you go to one department of the school and they tell you one thing, and at the same tiime they tell you to go somewhere else. But then those people tell you diffrent its just that they give you the run- around. Depending on the people.

Frederick

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of computers with the necessary progams for my major; while there are classrooms with the proper computers and programs available for student usage, that usage, obviously, diminishes with that room's designated class in session, leaving students like myself to go to the Media Center, where the computers for Computer Graphic Art Students are fewer in number and are often used to go on MySpace and Facebook, due to their good working condition, by other students.

One of the most frustrating things about my school is the parking but that is a problem at almost any school. The best part is that there is a shuttle that passes around the campus periodically.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking. The second most frustrating thing at the University of the Incarnate Word would be the computer availability. There always seems to be a 15 - 20 minute wait to use a computer.

Financial aid seems to be the most difficult situation to deal with. It seems they build you up to believe that you will be rewarded fairly and enough to cover your financial responsibilites and then your left with a balance at the end of each semester, which leads to holds for regstration and headaches. It is frustrating when this occurs and another contributing factor would be the parking situation. Instead of a first come first serve registration on parking, residents have first pick, when they already have reserved parking.

Jachelle

Parking

Noemi

The most frustrating thing about the school is that it is overly expensive for someone who comes from a poor background.

Hilda

The one thing that can be fustrating about our school is that at times resources such as computers can be helpful but are not available on campus for students. As students we pay $300 for student services and I feel that we do not recieve our money's worth.

AnnaMarie

Sometimes you do get the run-around when you are trying to get signatures for registration.

Scholarships recieved as a freshman can easily be terminated if you have a rough semester and they are not helpful in helping you find additional financial aid nor do they offer additional scholarships for upperclassman or students who had scholarships terminated but have brough their GPA up.

The most frustrsating thing has to be the advisors and the lack of space at the university. I can never seem to get in touch with my advisor, and I have tried countless amounts of times. The university is a beautiful campus with a lot of beautiful students. The problem is that the student population is increasing yet the university is not. So it gets pretty crowded on the campus. Parking, as well, is frustrating because there is so little of it.

Kaea

Its small and catholic