University of the Incarnate Word Top Questions

Tori

Something i wish i had known before i went to UIW is how nice the professors are. they have helped me in the transition from high school to college.

Brianna

that the food w2as from sodexo

dominique

I wish that I knew how important my SAT and ACT scores are because if i would've known I would've tried harder and retake them while i had the chance.

Taylor

The transition from high school to college can be terrifying, you have lots of freedom and responsibilities. I wish that I would have known prior to coming to Incarnate Word that I have plenty of time to study! I was scared that I would always be on the go but I am doing 16 hours this semester and I have time to get ahead and excel in my schoolwork. It is challenging but I wish that I knew that it isn't so bad, it is manageable.

Zandra

The Fall semester will be my first semester at this school, I am a transfer student.

Tracey

What I wish I had known before I came to school was that it was prefectly alright to take more that twelve hours a semester. I got advice to take only that many hours and not more because it might be too much of a work load. The bad thing is that with only twelve hours per semester, the degree plan goes from four years to five years. I wish I had known I was more than capable of taking more hours that suggested. I figured out later that fifteen to eighteen hours is perfect for my learning style.

William

I wish I would have known about the high quality education I would receive.

William

I wish I would of known how easily entrapped I would become in the college evironment, how tough and demanding the classes would be, how to be cautious and to choose your friends wisely, and how school and sports would become as demanding as a job instead of the fun and enjoyment you have always known them to be in high school.

Desiree

What i wished i would have known before coming to incarnate word is that my education is much more special than i thought. i wish i had leanrned the correct ways to study and take notes because that is what college is mostly about. i wish i had known that time is precioius and that i shouldnt waste it with things that are unimportant.

Jonathan

I wish I had known about the small size of the classes.

Ellyse

That the tuition would continue to increase while I was going to be attending.

Christina

I wish I had known that it is not a race to see how fast you make it to the finish line, but it is important to always be true to yourself. I went back to school before I was ready and it wasn't until I knew what I wanted that I was able to triumph in my school work. Ultimately the only one that pays for lessons learned is the individual self, so it is important to always take a step back and remember that each lesson is an opportunity for growth.

Aimee

That I really, really hated the subject I majored in.

AEbonee

How to network, and socialize more successfully with different people.

Ariana

I was well informed about the university I am currently attending. I have found it to be exactly what I was looking for and informed that it would be.

Gabriella

Well i wish i had known that there are alot of trees that im allergic to. Also that when it rains it really rains there is no where to take cover.

Martha

I wish I had known what a difference the right support group makes. I believe that I had what was a great support group at my community college. The professors were great, the counselers were knowledgable and the students were diverse but in comparison to UIW, I know now exactly what it feels like to have someone on your team. The staff and faculty are fantastic. The students are all focused and helpful towards one another. Had I known that scholarships and grants, as well as Financial Aid was available, I would have came here sooner.

Denise

I wish I would have known before I came to this school that it is okay to not know exactly what your major is going to be and it is also okay to not know exactly what you want to do with your career. It is okay to be uncertain, because eventually, through time and experience, you will get there. And you will be successful with whatever you choose.

regina

that u had to move out every semester

Jonathan

Throughout college, there has been a huge emphasis on research. If I could go back and tell my high school self what to focus on when preparing for college, it would definetely have been to focus on research skills. There are specific research terms and specific research styles that I had no idea existed before stepping foot into my first class. When I was asked to present a project using only peer reviewed sources, I was clueless. Fortunately, the Universirty of the Incarnate Word has great instructors and resources that helped me along with that project and all that followed.

Martha

I wish I had known that UTSA (which is a public school in the same city and with a great Finance program) would have offered me a full ride. Private schools are expensive even if you do get scholarships and grants.

Anabel

I wish I was more informed of the cost of eack credit hour and the availability of federal pell grants.

Laura

I wish I had known my major sooner. I came to the University of Incarnate Word completely undecided about my major, and I had to take a lot of classes to figure it out, some of which I would have liked to have passed on. However, I feel that they are going to help make me a smarter person, and by taking all these classes, I do finally know my major in Math!

Roger

I would have like to have known that the school had a football team.

ANA

they do not have an architecture program

Gabriellina

What I could have accomplished

Justin

Not too sure.

Ellice

how crowded the campus is with students alot of unfinished construction they claim u can be awarded alot of money...which is a loan, which u must pay back later.

Abigail

that the shuttle are not handicap acessible

Matt

That it was so liberal

Zachary

That the freshman dorms are rights of passage and I should of waited to move on cqampus untill sophmore year.