University of the Sciences Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of the Sciences

Victoria

I think the university fo the sciences is a great university if you want to reside in Pennsylvania and want to study science. I am only a high schooler but I think they have great professors who are passionate about teaching their students to succeed in life.

Kacy

University of the Sciences is a school devoted to academics. The undergraduate and graduate education is extremely collaborative: students work together to learn. Faculty are extremely concerned with success of their students and have been known to develop lasting professional relationships with their students. Along with generally educating their students, the faculty are also extremely concerned with making sure their students develop skill that will make students attractive to employers in their chosen fields; this is exemplified in the fact that every student interested can become involved in research, even Freshmen. The non-academic side to the University is also very strong. The university has a number of different sports teams that are competitive in Division 2 athletics, as well as recreational sports teams that meet a few times a week. Thanks to an excellent set of humanities professors, the availability of music classes are extensive for a science school, with more than ten classes available ranging from basic choir to special topics courses. The worst part of the university is organization. Although the university is not stuck in the past, the teaching methods and program organization do not reflect the most modern education research. This is a consequence of an absurd amount of administration and bureaucratic red-tape at that level. I love University of the Sciences because the faculty are concerned with my education and my well-being as an individual. Although I feel at another university I may have had more material presented to me for a lower cost, I don't regret my decision of choosing this college; the students and the faculty here at University of the Sciences have my back now as student and, taking from my observations of student-teacher relationships and student-student relationships of prior students, will have my back after I graduate. I've learned an immense amount in my time at the University of the Sciences, so much that I've been in put under tons of stress. At the same time, though, the University offers just as much to relieve that stress and keep me, and all of its students, on track to achieving our goals.

I like the campus even though it is small. The food trucks and Starbucks are great but wish there was more variety. Students are heavily involved in academics since they are all science majors but do enjoy extracurricular activities. Everyone is very nice but it is difficult to make new friends.

Anita

I am an occupational therapy student ho plans to graduate with my clinical doctor. I want to utilize this degree to help others live their life to the fullest and do what they want to do. I have nothing but good things to say about university of the sciences. I can honestly say, being a 4th year student (with two more years to go) that this school has prepared me professionally and clinically to be a successful and competent OT. The courses are not easy and sometimes students here can become very stressed, but we are all driven and motivated students who plan to become health care professionals. Our vigorous programs have taught us to support and help one another through this process and make sure we stay focused. This university is located in West Philadelphia in a nice small community. During the warmer days, you can take a quick walk to clark park (which is located in the middle of our campus) to participate in farmers markets and fun sales. We also have a few trolley stops right on campus that take you directly into center city in 7 minutes for under $3. As for the campus itself, it is a small campus only about 4 blocks in length. Everyone seems to know each other and as you walk through campus you can typically wave to a few familiar faces! I have made some life long friends here at university of the sciences and i would not trade my education or experience for anything. I do have to be honest when I say that Usciences does not provide your "typical" college experience. If you are looking for the school that always had parties and huge sports events- then Usciences is not for you. We have over 200 clubs and organizations as a community to get involved, but as a whole we are very program and education focused.

Rhiannon

University of the Sciences is a fantastic school that helps students achieve their academic goal. Most people that come to this college know that they either want to go into the scientific field or want to become a health care professional. This school is located in a bigger city, but you can't even tell when you are on campus. It is a small, tight knit community. Everyone has a difficult course load, so we are all there for each other and want our peers to succeed. The professors are always accessible and the students are able to go to them with academic help at any time. The students and professors do create a good bond with each other because the classes are on the smaller side and the professors always make an effort to get to know their students. Overall, University of the Sciences is an amazing school with great opportunities.

Danaya

From the minute I stepped on campus during my very first visit to The University Of The Sciences, I knew that this was the school for me. As I walked through the different facilities with my tour guide, I began to gain a sense of excitement. Not just any excitement, the excitement that leaves one with butterflies in their stomach, and I soon realized that it was an excitement to LEARN. Just within the first 30 minutes of the tour, it was almost as if I had a vision of the future, a vision of success, a vision of me changing the world for the better and making a difference in humanity, all because of the many different possibilities that I saw before me, at what was my soon to be new university! I knew that the University of The Sciences was the school for me. From my first day in class, the challenges, the atmosphere, the curriculum, all gave me a feeling of determination that I could soon live up to my dream of changing the world. There is no other school that I would rather be. The professors want to see the students succeed, and they make sure that when in class, we thoroughly understand everything we are being taught. Being a student here really leaves me optimistic, and there is no doubt in my mind that when I graduate, I will be more ready than I ever have been to make the world a better place.

Rhiannon

Dominique

University of the Sciences is the perfect school for students who want to experience the city but in an environment where you can be one-on-one with students and teachers. They have state of the art facilities that make learning so much more interesting rather than just reading a textbook. What I love most about University of the Sciences is that they want you to be involved with the school, beyond academics, something that has always interested me is the research that professors conduct and what is amazing is that they want their students to be a part of it.

This college is an overall good school. It is not like a normal state school so don't expect a "typical college experience". The class sizes are small and the classes themselves are pretty difficult. Be prepared to do a lot of work, and make sure you time manage because unless you play sports, you don't get days off. The professors are pretty tough too because they are trying to prepare you for a difficult field and they want you to succeed when you graduate and start working in the Healthcare field. The dining hall is nothing spectacular (like most colleges), and since it's a small school, a lot of people go home on the weekends, so make friends who you know will stick around and you can hang out with and have fun with on the weekend.

Gabrielle

It is a small campus but growing. In the coming years, there will be brand new dorms and retail businesses. It is in University City, Philadelphia close to University of Pennsylvania and Drexel. There is daily access to Penn's transportation. The classes are small and the professors are easy to talk to and make themselves available. There is lots of support for students and the security is the best around, which makes me feel safe around campus. The food is very good and there are other places on campus where I can use my dining card to eat. The great thing about it is that it is a small community. It has easy access to Penn's large campus library and bookstore and I get to be in a big city.

USciences is really a great school. If you are looking to study anything science related, it’s the place to be, especially with majors like pharmacy and physical therapy. Being that it is such a small and focused school, the academics are pretty tuff. That being said, everyone takes school seriously and is aware that to get to where you want to go, the rigorous curriculum is all worth it. Another perk of it being a small school is that relationships between students and professors and advisors are stronger, because there are less students.

Alyssa

University of the Sciences is a good college. There are plenty of things to get involved in, on and off campus. Also, this school has very strong academic standards and a good graduation outcome when it comes to jobs. University of the Sciences is an all together great school when it comes to extra curricular activities and academics. There is a good balance between school and fun.

Thuy Vi

It is a relatively small school that mainly focuses on the sciences and the programs that they offer. They're isn't much investment in other extracurriculars like the sports or the arts. Despite its small size, as long as you know what you want and are sure you'll be in the science or medical field, the school is a decent place to be.

Jayna

My overall opinion is that I love this school. It's a small school that is extremely driven in the Science field. Professors are always available and the support is unlike any other institution. It's easy to get involved and no student is ever left behind because we are highly inclusive.

Madison

I have recently transferred to the University of the Sciences and I absolutely love it! All of the faculty members are extremely empathetic. It is easy to be in contact with any faculty member. There is so much to do off-campus as well since it is in Philadelphia. There are many clubs to get involved in so it is easy to get involved and find a group of people to fit in with. I very much recommend going here!

Jolene

It is a very beautiful and inclusive campus. The staff and faculty are always there if there is a problem, and the academics are hard to beat. There are plenty of sports and extracurricular activities for everyone to try. The new residence hall is beautiful and well built.