Charlotte Amalie, VI
University of the Virgin Islands

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of the Virgin Islands

Teresita

The University of the Virgin Islands it a family. Everyone knows everyone and it’s like a working oil machine. You can see that the faculty and staff of the university want you to succeed in college and in life after college. Which is why I choose UVI.

Carlos

The University of the Virgin Islands is good in academics and cheap for those who are looking for an affordable education. It is well secured and has a variety of activities one a can attend. It is easy to have a social life because the people here make it easy. They are welcoming and kind.

Joy

It's hard for me to give this school a definite rating because of the many pros and cons. On one hand the class sizes are great which makes the professors easily accessible and willing to help students. While on the other hand the campus being so small creates a lack of campus life and opportunities for students to branch out and further their current interests or find new ones.

Sacheen

The University of the Virgin Islands is very diverse and welcoming university. There are many opportunities for the students who attend the school. I would recommend the University of the Virgin Islands to anyone looking for a different experience in a beautiful and historic island!

Dorothy

This school is well known for its cutural diversity and small class sizes. They make you feel right at home. The food isnt that bad either. Its easy to make life long friends. The teachers know the stuff before they teach it and they always ask if you have any questions before moving forward with the lesson. If you are looking for a college that helps you get your degree then this is a good college to attend.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself, "self, stop slacking and focus more. You got a lot more years of school coming, don't screw them up. Chemistry is not the right fit for you, change it before you graduate. Don't follow the crowd, do your own thing, live your own life, make decisions that will benefit you in the end, not everyone else. Branch out, make new friends. Go somewhere where you have never been before. Be your own person." When I graduated high school the only thing that was on my mind was leaving for college. I didn't take the time to properly plan everything. I got to the United States and got into so much trouble with paying for school. Went into a major I knew nothing about and then had to leave after finishing my freshman year. Today, I would tell myself to major in something that i know I will enjoy, something that I know I will not fail in, something that I already have a passion for. "Self, major in American Sign Language Interpretation." You'll be great!

If I knew then what I know now I would have made many different decisions. I would've stayed more focused in class and made sure that I majored in something that I know I would succeed in. I ended up at my current institution because I didnt do well at the one i previously attended. Honestly, this school wasn't my first choice, it was my last, I didn't want to stay at home, I wanted to venture out and leave. But what I know now is that I should've stayed home, finish my basics then leave.

Beth

The dawn of your future is rising but do not be afraid of what is to come. Relax, calm your thoughts, and don’t forget to breathe. Your life will fall into place as time progresses and do not be afraid to challenge yourself. You are going to surpass your expectations for yourself and you will be successful in all you do. Never forget that you are in control of your future and you are the only one who can change who you are. If you truly want to succeed, you have to change your outlook on life first and you will accomplish that. You are going to have quarrels and disagreements with Mom and Dad about school, but remember that time heals all wounds. You already have an excellent work ethic so rid your mind of anxiety for college. Make sure you get to class on time and do not allow yourself to procrastinate your work as you use to. Independence and freedom are gifts, but do not take them for granted. Stop worrying about what is going to happen and how life is going to occur and appreciate the moments as they come.

Tamah

Most classmates are outgoing, creative, talkative, and sociable. A few are quiet, stick to themselves, and intraverts.

As I look back in time, the advice I would give myself would be, Achieving success is not easy, however, success comes by hard work and determination. The only way to succeed is to continue your education by earning a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution. Learn all that you can whether it’s about local history or about other cultures, principles, and values. The University of the Virgin Islands has something for everyone, so continue your education there and remember, the more you learn, the more you grow.

All students can attend and should attend this school. There is something for everyone.

Anna

Most importantly I would advise myself that I need to keep up to date with my Math skills. College Mathematics classes have been my downfall even though I tested well and gained the C.ertificate of Initial Mastery in High School. I'd recommend that I take some kind of time management class as well because it's sometimes hard juggling class, home time and free time when you aren't used to it. I think I would also advise myself to spend more time researching the college I would like to attend instead of only my late senior year of high school. I would want to better prepare myself for financial eventualities. I never thought I'd have to go to school on ONLY grant (FASFA) money. Overall I'd just tell myself to be prepared for any potential eventuality.

Jahnelle

If I can go back as a high school senior the advice that I would have given myself was to find a scholarship available to aid in the payment of collage and make a saving to aid in emergency situations. I would have also looked for opportunities to complete community service which was not a requirement for my school.

The universtity have limied jobs avalible to work on campus which would be easier for lots of students

I tend to brag the tuition at University of the Virgin Islands is extremely low compared to most collages and you can learn a lot if you keep an open mind. The university has a wide range of culture which leaves you with opportunity to learn from the students themselves and see thing from others perspective.

University of the Virgin Islands administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.