Rosemead, CA
University of the West

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of the West

Carlos

UWEST is a unique yet small campus that is geared more towards Buddhist beliefs. Therefore options of Majors are very small due to the lack of involvement in the community. Students often come to this school because of low grades, or financial reasons. UWest is centered too much towards Buddhism and international students that they lose a connection with the domestic population of students. With the small campus size, UWest is very hidden and not known by many people in the college community.

Linda Leilani

Hello Linda! Long time no see. I would say finish school. Take out loans, do whatever you need to do to finish. I ran into financial difficulties that why I stopped. Keep going no matter what. A degree is so important these days. I was a theatre major. I performed on Broadway in New York but I should have gone back to school right after I finished the broadway show and completed my degree in a more desireble field. I'm studying business administration now. I guess it's never too late. I'm proud of myself even at 53 to pick up and continue on. Life is what you make it. Even when you are older you don't stop living. Staying aggressive and motivated is what it's about. I'm goin to pick off right where I left off in college and finish now, no matter how much time has gone by. You live until you die. But LIVE while you're here. Be present. Do things. Finish school. Be all that you can be. What's the alternative? Thank you God for directing me to go back to school. Much love and gratitude. Linda

How much work was involved. I have to study at least 5 hours a day to stay on top of everything. But I guess it's college and I do love school so I like all of the challenges school brings. We have to have Proctors. Which is like a mentor that oversees our school work. I have to find one. I don't know who I'm going to select but we need one for certain classes. Gonna get right on it.

First of all, my school wasn't listed. I attend University of the People. It's an online university and it's wonderful. This is my first semestre so I would say the most frustrating thing about my school was learning how to manuever around the website. One of my pages wasn't working properly so I had to contact technical support. Then I had to submit my paper directly to the teacher. We have a lot of assigments and it's a lot of class participation. It's more work than when I attended a regular university.

University of the West administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.