University of Toledo Top Questions

Shriraj

sports, gym, cultural events

Greek life is huge at UT. Football is probably the most celebrated sport on campus. I met my closest friends at one of the welcome week events. If you're looking to party, there's definitely plenty of that around UT. If you don't want to drink, you can hang out with your friends or go see a movie at the mall, which is only a couple of minutes off campus.

Amy

There is no one group or organization that predominates or is the most popular at my school. While there are a large number of students who are Greek, you certainly do not need to be Greek to have a great group of friends or be involved. Students in dorms leave their doors open and are willing to meet new people. Homecoming is not an event just for organization or Greeks, all students attend. While we are not a big athletic school, students do attend our sporting events and can show a lot of school spirit!

Alexandra

I love being in greek life. If I wouldn't have joined my freshman year who knows where i would be. It really helped me to get involved. CAP is great to they work so hard to bring us such great concerts every year

Tyler

The most popular organizations deal with the sporting events that we have, such as the football stadium which is huge! Students are always there to support the rockets!

Since I recently transferred to UT, I felt like a Freshman all over again socially. As long as you're willing to take chances on checking out the bars and different organizations, you'll be just fine with making friends.

Erica

Greek life really dominates. They do so much on the campus and are well known for doing other things within the community and on campus. I wish there were more speakers and performers. CAP last year was badly represented and didnt bring great acts to campus. Years past we have had Lil Flip, DL Hugley, All American Rejects... just to name a few. The dating scene... hmmm thats sometimes a joke. Its rare to find a GREAT guy in Toledo. People party... like everyday depending on the crowd you hang out with. But the weekends are the main times that people are going out and having a blast. Last weekend i went out with friends to the bars and then to a friends house for a bonfire...

Toby

Living in the dorms my freshman was the greatest experience, and I believe everyone should do it at least one year. Experiencing the independence and responsibility especially right out of high school. My roommates from that year are some of my closest friend. And I loved the parties!!!!!! Keep up with academics is always first priority, but you can't forget to have a little fun. These times are some memories that I will take with me for the rest of my life.

jeffrey

The greek community at UT is the largest grouping of organizations on campus. In most cases, fraternity and sorority members are often involved a good amount of other organizations and activities. I do wish that UT students would explore the city for social activities. Many students often stay within a few miles of UT looking for things to do when there is an entire city of activities surrounding the

Nick

The party scene at UT was no where near as good as BG's party scene. I knew this coming in but i did not know what to expect entirely and was really disappointed.

Kara

UT has one of the best recreation centers that I have ever seen. It is located near a good amount of the dorms so it's only a short jog away! And if you love sports but don't want to be too committed... the intramurals here are very popular too. UT also has the University Trail, which is a 12-mile bike trail that starts in Sylvania and spans all the way to UT. UT has yearly traditions like SongFest, dance marathons, free concerts (in the past we've had artists like Jack's Mannequin, The All American Rejects, and Cher). We also had Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton come speak. There are a ton of things to do on campus and it will only continue to get better!