Tulsa, OK
University of Tulsa

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Tulsa

meagan

The University of Tulsa is nothing short of an outstanding and caring family. They are quick to recognize the gifts in everyone and help shape and develop them, so that the students gain the knowledge that they need to create a better future for themselves that otherwise would not have been so driven and successful. Going to TU is one of the best decisions I have made concerning my career path and my future.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself three very important things about my experiences. First, I would tell myself that it's alright to make mistakes. It is so easy to be afraid of the unknown; however, cowering in fear is not how to handle the challenges in life. You must face them head on with your head held high. Secondly, I would tell myself to be more organized. I expected my senior year to be a breeze, but as it went by I realized that I had to work just as hard, if not even harder, as the years before. So I would definitely remind myself to prepare to spend long hours on the internet looking for as many colleges and scholarships as I could. Lastly, I would advise myself to have fun. I had forgotten, during all this added stress, that senior year was also supposed to be fun. I found myself overworked and underequiped for the challenges that I would have to face, but worrying would not solve any of those problems. This is the advice I would give to myself if I could go back in time as a high school senior.

The best thing about the University of Tulsa are the considerate people who work there who make the transition process from being a high school senior to becoming a college freshman not only managable, but also easy and exciting. If I didn't have as much support from the TU community as I do, being a first generation college-bound student would be a near-impossible task. However, with their wide knowledge and understanding of the university, it has made this experience truly remarkable and entirely rewarding for everyone involved.

Kristen

The University of Tulsa is notorious for producing very successful and intelligent graduates. Every degree program the school has is prestigious and is selective. Tulsa provides a well rounded, liberal arts education with an engaging learning environment. The institution also has many research programs that provide students with hands on experience.

Looking back to my senior year, I would tell myself not to stress as much as I did. Although the application and scholarship process can be grueling, it is not worth the worry. Everything seems to naturally fall into place. I would also tell myself to go with my gut instict. Deciding between colleges is exceptionally difficult and seems so important at the time. While it is a big decision, whatever your heart tells you is likely the right choice. People try to influence the decision but it is essential to make the choice that is obvious to you.

One should not attend the University of Tulsa if they do not have an extremely high work ethic. The university consists of experienced professors that require a lot of committment and effort in every class. That being said, there are no "blow off" classes. Other than that, most dedicated students can find their place at the University of Tulsa. The school has a very diverse student body and holds many events for people to find those similar to themselves.

Mary

My fellow classmates are driven, focused, smart, friendly, helpful, and eager to learn.

If I were able to talk to the me of almost 20 years ago, I graduated high school in 1996, I would give myself the following advice. First of all, listen to your parents. They are not trying to make your life miserable, they are trying to make your life productive. Expect for college to be very difficult and demanding accademically. Let the job at the grocery store go until summer and focus all of your attention on school. Your primary job right now is that of student. Don't be affraid to try new classes and explore the area of study that appeals to you most. Ask for help when you need it, and enjoy the ride.

Students who are not dedicated to study and advancements in their field of study should not attend Tulsa University. The bar is set very high at TU and the students self expectations should also be set very high.

Andreas

Generally speaking I would say they seem well grounded people who want to just get through their current chapter of their liv...

Generally speaking I would say they seem well grounded people who want to just get through their current chapter of their lives.

There is nothing better then having certainty in where you are heading in life. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior there would be many things I would like to tell myself. Probably my main advice would be about finaces and fanancial aid. I would suggest to read books about finances and apply it to your life and school. Educating yourself about finances is very important because it will help you understand about saving money and will keep you grounded in times of despreration. My second advice would be figure out avenues on how to pay for college. Educate youself about finacial aid as much as possible. I would recomend to go out of your way to learn how government pell grants work and learn their life span. last but not least Make as many connection that will help you pay for college. for example, visit your high advisor to guide you or even try to go to the college you are planning to attend and ask how financial aid works to gain a better understanding on how things work.

I think the worst thing about my school is the lack of help a studnt gets from teachers or students on subjects that one might be struggling. Of course not everyone might agree with this statement, however I feel that there is a lack of interest in theachers when it comes to helping students who are struggling in their class. In addition, Students are very competitive in this school; consiquently, it forces some student to not help other student who are having a hard time completing work. It would be wonderful if this can be change in the future.

Thomas

The University of Tulsa is smaller career based school that is focused on incredible quality education and future job placement for all of its students.

The University of Tulsa is the smallest Division 1 athletic school in the nation. As a result, Tulsa has a great atmosphere combined with top quality academics with small class sizes. You have a freedom to excercise your religious and political views that are not subject to criticism, and you will make friendships that last a lifetime. I am extremely impressed with post-graduate job placement as well. My careeer path in the Energy Management field has supplied me with an internship every summer I have been at this University. It is truly an impressive place.

College is much more than drinking and dating girls like many seem to think. It is instead a place to grow individually, socially, and intellectually on dramatic levels. It is a place where lifelong friends are made and opportunities to experience the world through study abroad and internships present themselves. Looking back on my life as a senior in high school, I was very naive growing up in a small conservative town. Looking back, my expectations coming into college were far too high. Yes, college is incredible. But it is incredible in much more diverse ways than I had originally thought. It is important to have an understanding that the transition at first is a difficult process. That transition only helps you grow as a person. I would also impart on my younger self the idea that experience far exceeds expectations. Do not obstain from doing something just because you expect it to be a bad experience. I missed many opportunities to both learn something new and meet new people as a result. I now understand that experiencing new things, new people, and new cultures has helped me grow tremendously. The University of Tulsa has blessed me in many ways.

Spencer

If you are a conservative Christian who is from Houston, St. Louis, or Tulsa that wants to enter the oil and natural gas industry, welcome home.

Putting students into the oil/natural gas industry. Solid engineering, computer science, business, nursing programs. More focus on those than liberal arts. More conservative than liberal.

Stay focused. Have fun, but stay focused. Don't skip class. GO GET HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT.

Angel

I would say, don't be hesitant to step out of your comfort zone. To really put yourself out there with no fear, because college is a great time, and you'll only regret the chances you didn't take. Remember, college isn't all about grades, but you do need to apply yourself. I would tell myself that college is a place to discover who you are as an individual and to embrace that from the start. Be open to others and their ideas and really listen, you can learn many things from others and you don't have to always agree with what they say. It's okay to try new things, and take risks, but remember who you are, and who you want to be. Keep your dreams in mind, and it is okay if they change along the way. Keep your morals in view; you are the one who needs to be happy with yourself at the end of the day.

The best thing about my school would have to be the atmosphere. TU has such a warm and uplifting atmosphere that it makes everyone feel welcome and like they belong there. The people at my school really want you to succeed, not just acadmecially but as a person and it shows through all the possibilities TU has to offer. TU is a place for adventure, laughter, learning, and memories. And it is very apparent throughout the University.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the people. There are so many exciting and interesting people to meet who are involved in so many things and want you to be apart of them as well that it can be quite overwhelming and distracting from academic life.

Christina

The University of Tulsa is an incredible school, with outstanding professors, and is a place where future careers and lives are started.

Knowing what I now know about my college experience, and if I couldgo back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would first tell my self that college is serious business, and it is not easy. On that same note, I would add that college is also the best experience. The whole point of college is to prepare yourself academically and realistically for a future career, so going to college just to have a good time is not the objective. Having a good time comes with the hard work and dedication to studying and making good grades. There were plenty of times my friends invited me to join with their fun activity and I declined because I had an exam the next day; but, it pays off. I had my share of wonderful memories already. Another thing I would add is to be careful how you spend your money. It would be extremely wise to save it throughout the year, then use the money saved to purchase textbooks, etc for the following semester. College is truly a wonderful experience if you do it right.

From attending the University of Tulsa for a year now, I can definitely say that firstly, the kind of person to attend this school has to be willing to put his or her priorities first, and be willing to work. It is not easy, but with time and effort put in, it makes the college experience amazing! He or she should be dedicated with schoolwork, yet also be outgoing to meet other people.

Melissa

The University of Tulsa is a tight knit community where the class sizes are small, professors genuinly care about your success, and you gain knowledge from people all around the world.

My classmates are dedicated in their school work, motivated in their extracurricular activites, and helpful towards other students in need.

The advice that I would give myself would be to step even further outside of my comfort zone. Instead of second guessing if I was capable or not, I would just go out and try it. I would advise myself to get involved with as many extra curricular activities as I could manage in order to experience as much of the Tulsa campus as I could. I would also have advised myself to got through sorority recruitment my freshman year of college rather than my sophomore year because I have missed out on a year of being in a sorority and connecting with some of the most amazing girls on campus. I would advise myself that grades are important, but building relationships and getting involved outside of the classroom is just as important. I would also advise myself to take chances because college is a time to explore and not be afraid of failure. I would tell myself to make the most of my college experience because it goes by so fast.

University of Tulsa administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.