Tulsa, OK
University of Tulsa

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Tulsa

Spencer

If you are a conservative Christian who is from Houston, St. Louis, or Tulsa that wants to enter the oil and natural gas industry, welcome home.

Putting students into the oil/natural gas industry. Solid engineering, computer science, business, nursing programs. More focus on those than liberal arts. More conservative than liberal.

Stay focused. Have fun, but stay focused. Don't skip class. GO GET HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT.

Angel

I would say, don't be hesitant to step out of your comfort zone. To really put yourself out there with no fear, because college is a great time, and you'll only regret the chances you didn't take. Remember, college isn't all about grades, but you do need to apply yourself. I would tell myself that college is a place to discover who you are as an individual and to embrace that from the start. Be open to others and their ideas and really listen, you can learn many things from others and you don't have to always agree with what they say. It's okay to try new things, and take risks, but remember who you are, and who you want to be. Keep your dreams in mind, and it is okay if they change along the way. Keep your morals in view; you are the one who needs to be happy with yourself at the end of the day.

The best thing about my school would have to be the atmosphere. TU has such a warm and uplifting atmosphere that it makes everyone feel welcome and like they belong there. The people at my school really want you to succeed, not just acadmecially but as a person and it shows through all the possibilities TU has to offer. TU is a place for adventure, laughter, learning, and memories. And it is very apparent throughout the University.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the people. There are so many exciting and interesting people to meet who are involved in so many things and want you to be apart of them as well that it can be quite overwhelming and distracting from academic life.

Christina

The University of Tulsa is an incredible school, with outstanding professors, and is a place where future careers and lives are started.

Knowing what I now know about my college experience, and if I couldgo back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would first tell my self that college is serious business, and it is not easy. On that same note, I would add that college is also the best experience. The whole point of college is to prepare yourself academically and realistically for a future career, so going to college just to have a good time is not the objective. Having a good time comes with the hard work and dedication to studying and making good grades. There were plenty of times my friends invited me to join with their fun activity and I declined because I had an exam the next day; but, it pays off. I had my share of wonderful memories already. Another thing I would add is to be careful how you spend your money. It would be extremely wise to save it throughout the year, then use the money saved to purchase textbooks, etc for the following semester. College is truly a wonderful experience if you do it right.

From attending the University of Tulsa for a year now, I can definitely say that firstly, the kind of person to attend this school has to be willing to put his or her priorities first, and be willing to work. It is not easy, but with time and effort put in, it makes the college experience amazing! He or she should be dedicated with schoolwork, yet also be outgoing to meet other people.

Melissa

The University of Tulsa is a tight knit community where the class sizes are small, professors genuinly care about your success, and you gain knowledge from people all around the world.

My classmates are dedicated in their school work, motivated in their extracurricular activites, and helpful towards other students in need.

The advice that I would give myself would be to step even further outside of my comfort zone. Instead of second guessing if I was capable or not, I would just go out and try it. I would advise myself to get involved with as many extra curricular activities as I could manage in order to experience as much of the Tulsa campus as I could. I would also have advised myself to got through sorority recruitment my freshman year of college rather than my sophomore year because I have missed out on a year of being in a sorority and connecting with some of the most amazing girls on campus. I would advise myself that grades are important, but building relationships and getting involved outside of the classroom is just as important. I would also advise myself to take chances because college is a time to explore and not be afraid of failure. I would tell myself to make the most of my college experience because it goes by so fast.

Candace

Generally, TU students are wonderful, committed people who are passionate about their field, open to friendships, and hope to make a difference in the world.

Allow yourself time, there will always be a temptation to procrastinate, to say "it can be done later," but at some point there is no later to defer your life. Today, start and finish something, even if it is hard. Write essays, ask for help if you need it, and make the effort. Nothing in life is done without hard work and in the future you are going to find that out, so today make plans and set goals that are feasible. Nothing is ideal or perfect and that in itself is a good thing, be ready for the mistakes and learn from them, but you also need to be prepared because the plans you make are also not going to play out in an ideal fashion. Think about multiple possibilities all the time not just a single idea because you never really know anything but yourself. On that note, keep exploring yourself, growing, changing and learning. Don't just be satisfied with an A in class but a fullness of understanding, true knowledge. Too many are depressed with bad grades when that is not ultimately what makes the man. Finally, be kind to everyone it is infinitely important.

It has been difficult ensuring continuation, though The University of Tulsa is a wonderful school, it is quite pricy and tuition goes up the longer you are there. I have been on my own paying bills and feeding myself, though I have been blessed to live at home, the whole time I have attended and it is almost impossible every semester to come up with the dividend between my scholarships and tuition. I would say to plan your expenses well and apply for as many scholarships as possible, do not put it off.

Kami

My classmates are from so many different places from all around the world so they share what their culture is like and it helps me become more familiar with the world.

If I could go back in time to my high school senior self, I would tell myself three things. First, don't think that college is only about education. Yes that is why it is there, but you can learn so much about yourself, the world, and even things that are right in your backyard that you didn't even know existed. Second, work to the best of your ability, but don't stress so much. You will have plenty of opportunites to achieve your 4.0 GPA goal, but have fun every once in a while. Third, make friends! Get out of your shell and talk to people because they will be the ones who get you through the tough times. If I had only known these three crucial pieces of advice when I was first transitioning into college, my life would have been ten times better my freshman fall semester.

Anyone who wants a top-notch education. It comes at a price, but the professors are amazing, the student life here is so diverse, and there is so many exciting things to do on campus!

Nick

The University of Tulsa is best known for its outstanding engineering programs, mainly being their petroleum engineering program. Each of the engineering programs is outstanding but the universities petroleum engineering program is ranked in the top five in the nation. After the engineering programs, the university is best known for its football team, which has been ranked in the top 25 multiple times in recent years. Following the football team the university is then best known for its law and business schools. These schools are ranked and excellent places to receive a business or law degree.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school the first thing I would say to my slef is, "Nick, stop stressing so much because its gonna work out". I would then proceed to give my self advice about some very specific things. I would tell my self that first you should get your FAFSA filed as soon as possible and then begin to search for scholarships. I would remind my self that my brothers will be going to college the proceeding year. I would remind my self it will help my family just as much as it will help me if I get scholarships and grants. Thirdly I would teach my self something about time management. The main thing I would warn my self to look out for is getting caught up in too many conversations on a day when I should be in my dorm room studying. Lastly I would say, "Nick, when you start school, make sure to work together with people as much as possible". Study groups are great and they help you to learn so much faster. Then I would conclude saying again, "don't stress, its gonna work out".

The kind of person that should attend the university should be ready ambitious and desire to have excellence demanded of him or her. The person should be passionate about his studies and his future career. He or she should have a deep desire for community outreach and a desire for a sense of family within their campus. The person should have the ability to appreciate the very special and unique city surrounding their campus. If the person wants a great degree and a great campus experience they should come to the university of Tulsa!

Sarai

I would give myself the advise of not worrying about money. Although money does mean a lot, especially with college in mind, it doesn't mean everything. So i would tell myself not to work as hard as to forget to study for classes, even if you come from a semi-poor family. I know its hard to try to live like the slightly more rich kids, but it's worse trying to live with a low GPA due to lack of concentration. I would remind myself that i am going to college for a reason, to obtain a degree not a part-time job. I would also tell myself that its not high school, it is not easy. College is a struggle everyday. You should never assume you have free time, because studying plays a big role in college. But overall, i would tell myself to buy an agenda. It is so easy to forget everything that is going on for each class, especially when you only have those classes twice a week. Take time to make time to finish everything, that way you know exactly what you have to complete each day to stay on track.

I believe the student to teacher ratio is amazing. You really get to create a relationship with your teacher because generally classes are no larger than 20-30 students. The classes that actually have 20-30 students are the larger classes. I think it helps the student obtain help and really understand the concept of each class. although, the student has to be willing to create that bond because teachers will not chase you down if you are not seeking for help.

I believe students that are seeking diversity shouldn't come to TU since there isn't much diversity. Also people that are very shy shouldn't come ti TU because it is really hard to make friends unless you are willing to join greek life or you are coming in with friends. Although the TU students are very accepting, they will not create a friendship with you unless you walk up to them. You have to be willing to get really involved in school to make friends.

Kaylonna

TU is a prestigious school. No one is going to go to TU because they heard it was a party school. I wanted to go somewhere that would push me to my limits during school, but really pay off for me in the end. I knew that TU would do that for me better than any of the other schools I was looking at because of the student to teacher ratio, helpfulness of the professors, and the success rate of students graduating with careers in their field. TU is a top 100 school in the US. That says something.

I would tell myself to take everything one day at a time because the more into the future I think, the more stressed I will get. I will never know how the future is going to play out, so there is no reason in trying to predict it and overwhelm myself. I would tell myself that I am going to be the busiest I have ever been, but that I am fully capable of doing everything on my plate. I would also tell myself that college is supposed to be one of the funnest times in life, and that maybe I should spend a little more time trying to find a group or extracurricular activiy to become apart of. I would tell myself to have the best summer ever, because I may be taking college courses all the rest of my summers in school. More than anything, my advice to myself would be to work hard as I can, achieve the most I can achieve, but to also remember to enjoy myself and live life as happily as I can.

The best thing for me is the fact that I know that TU wants me to succeed. They do so much to make sure that all graduates can walk away with a full time job of their preference. The classes are small enough that you get one on one time with your professors, which for the most part are very helpful and just want the best for you too. TU has recruiters that push you to get out there for prospective employers. We go to college to obtain a career, TU practically ensures that you will graduate with one.

NOXOLLYS

The advice i would give myself would be to stay in school, dont give up even when it seem hard. take high school seriously not everything as a joke. Because if you dont you will end up where i am not high school drop out married with 3kids living at your mother-in-law's home waking up years later finally making the decision to get your GED and go back to school. If you would just stay in high school and finish go to college right away dont wait a semester but start the semester after graduation.

University of Tulsa administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.