Tulsa, OK
University of Tulsa

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Tulsa

Jay

TU is full of character. You can go to a big state school and have a great college experience. But go to TU and you will have the great college experience, but that is also unique and unlike any state school. It has the pride and spirit of a large school but all the benefits of a small school. The people here are spirited, grounded, and a lot of fun. They truely care about you.

Large enouph to never run out of people to get to know, but small enouph to have a million friends that you feel very close with. Any where you go there will be ten people new to meet, and ten people you consider close friends. They all are spirited, kind, and unique.

Couldn't ask for a better experience. College and state shools are great. But this school is unique, dominate, and humble all in one. If you want to have fun and get educated youdo that anywhere. If you want to have fun, get educated, and experience something completely different then come to TU. Had a great time and wouldn't change it for anything.

Not even close, most active campus I have ever seen. The City of Tulsa is very active and adopts the college, is a great college town and city!

They are very appropiate and geared to what you want as an individual. They are student focused as academics always should be but often are not. Classes are small and you get attention from faculty and staff no matter what.

There is always something to do on and off campus. You would not have to leave camnpus ever if you didn' want to. They always say you can do everything in college but sleep. This couldn't be more true. The things to do and the activities available are endless. There is so many fun and interesting things to do on campus. students are also very integrated with the city and the city loves us.

That we are a small college that doesn't have much campus life in a quiet town.

Michelle

One of the things that I cannot wait for TU to finish is the construction. The renovations that the campus is undergoing right now is a bit annoying to the students, but after they are completed, which the administration suspect will be by the start of the fall semester, the campus will look more beautiful than it already is. Tulsa is a beautiful city and isn't really a college town. Everything does not revolve around the university although the college is supported very well by its citizens. I was born and raised in Tulsa. I came from a high school that was just about the size of TU. When I looked for a university, I wanted a small one so it worked out for me. I get to know everyone. Everyone is so friendly here. My parents are very happy that I didn't go far from home. I live on campus this year and I love it. I'm away from home but if I ever need anything my parents are 20 minutes away. When I tell people I go to TU, they are extremely impressed. TU is ranked among the top 100 colleges in the nation.

The student body here is very diverse. TU encourages study abroad and hundreds of students every semester take that opportunity. Being located in Oklahoma, TU does have a pretty conservative stance on many issues however, it doesn't mean that students would be degraded for being different. The students here are very welcoming. I, personally, have friends in my different circles and I adjust well being placed in any one of them. The students at TU come from many different places but mainly the midwest: 50% from Oklahoma and 50% from areas outside Oklahoma. Because TU is located in Tulsa where the population is the second highest in the state, many students don't want to come here becasue it's too close to their parents. This issue is understandable but I would not have been able to handle the larger state schools.

If there is any concerns/ improvements that should be brought to attention, the faculty has no problem addressing them. In fact, the business college holds focus groups twice a semester to address the problems of its students. They do try their best to work them out so that everyone is happy. TU was ranked 9th university for the happiest students.

No, actually TU gives great scholarships and there are many students here on full ride scholarships (presidential scholarships).

Since TU is so small with an undergraduate population of about 2,500, my class sizes are pretty small as well with around 30 students in one class room. My professors do know me by name and that was one of my critias when choosing a college. I like talking to my teachers. When I have a problem with understanding any materials, the professors are very approachable and assessible. Students here must study to earn a good grade. Some classes have less work than others but that depends on the professor. Some students don't realize this until they start filing for dismissal from the university. The students are not too competitive like many of the other schools however, there are opportunities for leadership and scholarship which can become pretty competitive. At the beginning of the year, I was a finance major but then realized that coming into TU with 15 hours allowed me to pick up a dual major in accounting and finance without making my time at the university extend so I changed it a few months into the semester. Then I noticed that it was also possible to get a psychology minor. Since TU is a liberal arts university, we get to explore curriculms outside our college (mine being the business college). And graduate I need some general education credits which brought me to psychology. It's really fascinating. I enjoy the classes a lot.

The most popular group I would say would have to be SA, Student Association. They are the ones who allocate money to the rest of all the organizations on campus as well as addresses many of the issues students bring up to improve TU. I involved with many organizations because I like knowing what's going on around campus. I'm a pledge of Beta Alpha Psi this semester. This organization enables me to network with potential business partners and gather information about accounting firms or general companies I've never heard of. I'm also a member of a sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma, many freshman organizations such as Freshman Leadership Institute, Phi Eta Sigma, First Year Residential Experience. I definitely take advantage of many of leadership opportunities iin these clubs as well. As far as residential life is concerned, I lived in the all freshman dorm last fall and it was a blast. There would be people in the lobbies studying and chatting all the time. However, living in the all girls residential hall would have been pretty quiet. So it just depends on where you live. Right now, I live in the soroity house. My life is very consumed with Kappa events. Sororities on campus is not that important. Parties are open to any TU student. I have many friends who do not belong to a sorority. The football games have really good turn outs but our other sports unfortunately don't have as many people attend. Other traditions involve the bonfire every homecoming night in the center of campus, springfest events that draw in the entire student population, and many others.

Caroline

I grew up about twenty minutes outside of Tulsa, and I decided to come to TU because everyone I graduated with went to either the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, or Tulsa Community College. Attending TU would make me different and force me to make new friends. I could not have asked for a better school. Though excruciatingly small at times (only 4,000 students currently enrolled!), TU has always had everything I needed. I love the fact that my biggest class has only had about fifty students. My professors know me by name and say hi to me when I see them outside of class. The people here are incredibly nice for the most part, and groups of friends intermingle. I have made some of the best friends I have ever had, and hope to have them for life. I will never forget sledding out on the intramural field on a construction sign at one in the morning! TU is an exemplary place for someone to have the "college experience" without being overwhelmed.

I have noticed that when I visit larger state schools, it seems as if the Greek system dominates life on campus. It's different here at TU. Greeks hang out with non-Greeks, and vice-versa. It's not a big deal, and that is so refreshing. Seriously, everybody hangs out with everybody else. My friends are physics majors, mechanical engineers, political science majors, Greeks, non-Greeks, computer engineers, and art majors, along with my fellow film students. Coming from a high school that had a huge problem with exclusive cliques, TU allowed me to become whatever I wanted to be, and I greatly appreciate that. Looking back on it now, I can see how much I have grown and changed since I was an incoming freshman, and a large part of that is due to the friends I have made here from all over the world.

Even though I sometimes feel that my chosen department is somewhat lacking, or the food in the cafeteria tastes like bland dog food, coming to TU was absolutely the best decision I have ever made in my entire life. I just hope that the amazing experiences I had at TU stay with me for the rest of my life and influence everything I do.

These stereotypes are absolutely untrue! Every single person I know here is on some sort of scholarship, including myself. I haven't noticed a larger percentage of so-called "rich kids" or anyone of that nature, but it's not like I go up to every student I see and question them about their family's economic status. As far as I can tell, we're normal students.

My professors definitely know me by name, probably due to the fact that my class sizes have ranged from about ten to fifty. In the College of Arts and Sciences, in which I am enrolled, a large focus is placed on writing. Essays have ruled my life since freshman year, but I think that it helped me to realize my future dreams of becoming a film critic. Professors often encourage class participation and discussions, sometimes with grades depending upon it! Since I cannot speak for other colleges, I am not really sure how TU prepares you for life beyond college. Being a senior a week and a half away from graduation, I am entirely unsure of my future. I feel that college prepares you for life twenty years from college, not immediately after. However, I feel that I have gotten a very well-rounded education at TU, considering I accidentally stumbled into another minor without realizing it!

TU has a great social life for pretty much anything you want to do. If you want to party, go to Frat Row. If you want to play World of Warcraft, somebody's doing it somewhere. If you want to just hang out with your friends and watch movies, go to the lobby of your residence hall. Though Tulsa is not a college town by any means, there is usually always something to do on campus. Many organizations host tons of programs each week, which draws students from all over campus. I was personally involved with Residence Hall Association for two years, and it was a great way to meet people on campus and get to know them better. The fitness center is open late and is a good hangout, along with our on-campus restaurant/sports bar. As shockingly small as Tulsa seems, it has a great arts scene, and often screens obscure independent films at local theaters. No matter what detractors say, there is always something to do around here!

A huge stereotype about us is that we're all spoiled rich kids that don't need money and have had everything in life handed to them.

Karl

TU's administration is far more concerned with "keeping up with the Joneses" (trying to come off as the "Harvard of the Midwest" or some other such nonsense) than actually serving its student community. Right now they are entrenched in a huge "Front Door" campaign that has made campus a veritable war zone for the past few years, with no end really in sight. Construction projects are started and untouched for months, and then there is a giant flurry of activity and they are done. Construction also begins at 7am or earlier, waking up those of us who are living in the brand new apartments. The good news of it all, though, is that the University of Tulsa Performing Arts Center is on the verge of breaking ground. When approached about ridiculous fees, students are told by those in charge that it's "not as bad as some other schools", when the truth is, rates should not be made in comparison with other colleges, but what is best for the students and the community here. Parking is a major problem on campus, and students should expect to pay as much or more than the flat parking rate ($50) in fines if they need to drive their cars anywhere else on campus than their assigned lots. Tulsa, Oklahoma is not only one of the most racially segregated cities in the country, it is also one of the most religiously fundamental (ORU is in the same town, remember). One can expect to find bastions of Health & Wealth Gospel all over the city, from Guts Church to The Wisdom Center to the very existence of Rhema Bible College and Oral Roberts U. Somehow, TU ranks in the Top 10 for Student Happiness, according to the U.S. News & World Report. The truth is that students frequently feel betrayed and manipulated by an administration that operates far more like a corporation than a university.

I was very disappointed to find out that the activist and LGBT groups on campus were really more focused on self-congratulation than they were on activism; as a result, I do not participate very much in those groups. Racial diversity is high, although there is a big disconnect between racial groups. It is hard not to adopt racist opinions when living near students from other countries who are very unconcerned with being considerate of others. Students tend to come from very rich backgrounds. People like me, who are on full ride for National Merit (and could not be here under any other circumstances), find it very difficult to interact with people who seem to take their parents' unlimited financial support for granted. Students tend to be very apathetic in terms of politics as a general rule. In terms of people who swing left or right, I would say that there is probably an equal number, although the people on the right are usually more moderate than crazy conservative. The crazy conservative people are the business majors and engineers.

I have been disappointed in the administration of TU, but my guess is that it's pretty much the same everywhere. I have considered transferring, but the quality of the Presidential scholarship I get here, as well as some of the fantastic faculty I have worked with, make it worth all the BS.

Somewhat. It may not be 50%, it may be like 35-40% are from Tulsa and St. Louis. But there are a lot of Tulsa natives who were lame and stayed in their home town for college. It is mostly the Engineering school full of awkward, backward, fundamentalists, so if you just avoid the Engineering school you should be fine. The Business major stereotype is true.

Classes are very small, and the professorial faculty is exceptional. The problem with being such an insular school, however, is that some professors are able to get away with doing a very pisspoor job. In my least favorite class, Genetics & Human Diversity, the professor taught exclusively from PowerPoint. I think that there is a community of pretentious people who make it a point to seem intellectual and aloof, but in general, people are fairly down-to-earth, yet still very intelligent. The music school is fairly middle-of-the-road in terms of quality, although I am happy to be a part of its strongest suits, its piano and composition departments. Performance standards for TU musicians are very low, especially among vocalists, and one can expect to dread most of the Wednesday recital classes because of the horrible performances that tend to dominate. TU School of Music's weakest attribute is its seeming unwillingness to direct people toward other careers; some very untalented, lazy, completely incompetent students have graduated under the pretense that at some point they would actually have a chance at becoming working musicians. Leadership of the music school has been anemic for the past couple of years, but the end of this school year signals a change in leadership that should be much for the better.

You will be lied to when told about Greek life on campus -- date rape does happen at TU, there is a LOT of drama in sorority houses, and frat people can just be downright annoying. All the time. Greeks dominate the student government, and the nepotism is so blatant sometimes it is sickening. The First Year Experience program is the school's finest program; the orientation before coming to the school is fantastic, and the whole Twin South living experience is unequaled in terms of its community-building. I still hang out with the people I met at orientation and lived with in Twin South. The selection for eligible, single gay men on campus is extremely low. There are always lots of parties going on, but I feel like everyone is encouraged to make their own life choices. My friends drink and party, but other people don't, and that's okay. There's a wonderful "live and let live" sort of mentality that really works. There is not a WHOLE lot to do in Tulsa, but if you are curious and creative, it can be a fascinating city. For sure, the Circle Cinema (the independent film cinema) is one of my favorite places to go in Tulsa.

It is commonly said that 50% of the school is from Tulsa or St. Louis. Also, it is thought that a large portion of the student body was home-schooled, and therefore totally awkward and backwards and fundamental Christian. Business majors think that their future careers are the only ones that matter.

Wendy

I do wish that the TU students were more active and responsive to social events. I love TU and the overall campus and just everything about it is pretty great. The size is just perfect because it's not too large and the class sizes are normal. We get better interaction with other students and the professors as well. It really is a "home away from home". The administration could change their communication skills. I find myself going to one building with one question and they tell me to go to another building to get the answer. Although there isn't a lot of places to go on campus, it is nice to just sit out on the grassy area in the front of campus on a nice day and just read a book or relax. The most frequent complaints I think I hear about are the cafeteria food choices and the shuttles. They need more healthier foods to put in the cafeteria. And the shuttles should drive around all the time instead of having students wait on them not knowing when they will come when we have a class soon that we need to get to. Overall though, I feel that TU is one the greatest universities around!

There are all kinds of ethnics and races and religious beliefs at school. No one would feel out of place. Most people do just look like they got out of bed and came to class. But others look like they took time to care about what they look like that day. It all depends on what mood you're in or what kind of person you are and if you even care about what you look like.

These stereotypes are most definitely not accurate. TU is getting more and more competitive each year and it is difficult to be accepted. TU is nationally ranked and we have many different programs that are all exceptionally challenging for students.

Since the class sizes are so small, the professors do eventually know the students' names. I find students studying at any hour of the day on campus. It just depends on what your study habits are. The most unique class I have taken was Christian Ethics in Modern Society. Although the professor did miss a couple of classes, his lectures are very interesting and you learn a lot about Christianity and what it means to Christians what our ethics are. I am currently a nursing student and I haven't started clinicals yet, but I will spring semester of my sophomore year. But so far, the nursing program is great and the professors are all really nice and always there to help you.

There is always a homecoming bonfire that I look forward to. There is also springfest which is always a lot of fun. I don't think fraternities/sororities are very important. Yeah you can make a lot of friends, but so can other people who are not in one. It also takes up time and money. I see parties going on every single weekend. Even ones going on throughout the week. When I go off campus I normally just go out to eat with friends or watch a movie and go shopping or go bowling.

Some stereotypes about TU are that TU is really easy to get into and that just anybody can get it. Another one would be that TU is not really a good school. And I haven't heard any particular stereotypes about the students at TU.

Alex

TU is a great school. I don't ever want to leave! Greek life is awesome as well. TU is a top tier school, and it feels like it. There are a ton of great people here, but it is small enough that I see people I know no matter where I go.

We are a wet campus (alcohol allowed). We are one of the only campuses where you can actually buy booze on campus!

TU's classes are definitely a step up (or a staircase up) from other schools. I know that some of our 1000 level classes compare to other schools' 4000 level classes. It is hard, but not unmanageable.

Greek Life! Campus Ministries (StuMo) Athletics are a blast! Tons of stuff to do on campus all of the time. The city of Tulsa also has a ton of stuff to do, great food, good times.

I definitely love the people here. Everyone is so nice and friendly. You know pretty much everyone on campus its great! I like the size of our school but many people may think its a little small. I love the small atmosphere though, its great because you really get to know everyone and I always see my friends I know on my way to classes. Most of my friends back home think I'm crazy for going so far away but they really do not have an opinion either way.

The student body here is very diverse. There are many people from all different backgrounds. Everyone is very accepting here and no one gets left out. It is a great community

They are really good here. I do not think I have had a class yet taught by a TA. Pretty much all of the Professors teach their classes, and they pretty much know everyone's names.

There is always something going on at TU. If its not the fraternities or Sororities having some party then its SA holding and event. There are always intermurals teams to play on all throughout the year. It is a lot of fun to go and watch your friends play too

I would have to say that most stereotypes are that everyone is country hicks

TU is a small Division 1 school with a big feel. The community on campus is incredible. Some may say that TU is too small, but really it is just right, you always will know someone, but there will always be people you don't know too. Majority of my time is spent in my dorm, friends apartments, in the business hall, and our union. Tulsa is not really a 'college town' but I love the city. Our biggest controversy has been the new campus wide wireless internet, still working out some bugs, but its getting faster and better. People are proud to go to the University of Tulsa. We were conference champions in Mens and Womens Tennis, womens golf, mens soccer, womens volleyball, College Basketball Invitational Champions, and GMAC Bowl winners. So we have a lot of good things going for us. One thing that is unique to TU is the amount of diversity we have. There are many students from different countries and places across the US. The thing I will always remember is my first week on campus. Probably one of the most fun weeks, I met so many people and laughed more than ever.

There are many different campus ministries at TU, so everyone can find their niche. I think no student would feel out of place as there are so many different types of people, you can always find someone to relate to. Most students don't really 'dress to impress' when going to class. It is not uncommon to see most students in jeans and a t-shirt most days. Students definately interact with different types of people from themselves. I would say the majority of students come from Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas and Missouri.

I would say majority of my professors know me and all my classmates by name. Students at TU definatly put many hours into studying. Class participation depends on the professor and the class. Many students are competitive but mostly with themselves, they have very high standards academically.

Student Association is TU's version of the typical high school student council. In the dorms just depends some people leave their doors open. A lot of people will hang out in the lobbies and study or do whatever out there. I meet my closest friends during the first week of school, Freshman Orientation. Also I met some of my friends through my campus ministry Student Mobilization. I would say a fair amount of people go out and support the Golden Hurricane athletics. The dating scene here is the same as it would be anywhere else... Greek Life is prominant on campus, but there are still plenty that aren't greek. On a Saturday night you can go to a ball game, go hang out at an apartment, get together and play games. Off campus there are a lot of different things to do throughout Tulsa.

Katie

One great thing is the majority of students are on some sort of scholarship. This means they have minimum GPA they need to maintain: while majority of students are all about having fun and being relaxed, most are here primarily to study and take school seriously. Also, everyone is very down to earth and friendly--you don't have too many country bumpkins but you also don't have too many rich snobs. The school size is excellent: small enough that teachers all know your names and can help rearrange things (including courses) for you but large enough that you are always meeting new people and have plenty of activities. Most of the time I stay on campus, especially since I am under 21. There are parties every weekend and plenty of events on campus during the week that you don't need to leave. Everyone on campus is a huge supporter of TU, but most support other schools as well: I, for instance, have my university of texas longhorn sticker on my truck next to my TU sticker. It's fun because when UT plays everyone wears their longhorn gear so you have more rivalry than just TU and non. There have been a lot of construction on campus recently and more to come: I am most excited about the two new engineering buildings that are to come! I will also be living in some of the brand new appartments next year.

In my electrical engineering class of about 25 students there is one girl besides me and the rest are guys. I have never experienced any sort of discrimination because I am a girl. Also, about half the class are international student, mainly Saudis. They tend to stay to themselves outside of class, but often times we have study groups with them and such. In the engineering building, most guys wear jeans and a tshirt or polo. most girls wear jeans and a cute top, but nothing fancy. Over in the business college, they tend to dress a little nicer, with khakis being the norm.

Campus is really cool about alcohol. If a fraternity is going to have a big party, they have to register it and provide security. This means that 2 Tulsa police are inside the actual house and one outside with their cars parker right out front. They aren't there to catch underage drinkers: they are there to make sure no one gets out of control or in case of emergency. Campus as a whole is really good about letting college kids be kids but still maintaining safety and good communications.

All of my professors know my name. One semester, I got an internship and my hours conflicted with one of my Tues/Thurs courses. After telling my prof I was going to have to drop, he made another suggestion: come to class on Thurs (which were test days) and go see him on Wed. I had my own personal class on Wednesdays with him! We became really good friends. Studying is relative. I am an electrical engineering major and I'm not a genius: I study a minimum of 20 hours a week. I would say that is definitely on the high end of the scale. All of my profs have been really great helping outside the classroom, spending hours to make sure i understand things. Most intense academic memory: In my circuits course, the final was two days for 3 hours each. It was during an ice storm so not everyone did great. We all got incompletes and had to go finish in Jan. We went in individually and the two profs who taught the course together would put a problem on the white board and you had to work it out with them commenting on your methods, etc. It was the most intense thing ever! On the other hand, I really know my circuit theory now! TU (especially in engineering) is really great about helping students get internships, locally and in their home town. Also, I have spoken and had meetings with numerous TU administrators, including the president. They are eager to hear from the students and work with them.

Most popular organizations: Greek life is strong, University Ambassadors is big (which goes to show how much student's love life at TU--they all want to help recruit newbies!), Student Association. I was just elected Vice President by the entire student body! As a student, you have the opportunity to do anything you want on campus, including plan homecoming week or springfest! Athletic event attendance is a little low now, minus football. Football we all wear tye dye (blue and gold of course) and call ourselves the "Reynolds Rowdies" (reynolds stadium, fyi). Basket ball: just won CBI so support getting better! 2am on a tuesday: I am either studying in KEP (engineering building) or parting after senate with some friends. Speakers come often and are popular. Sororities: different than on most campus's because they really are about getting involved on campus, supporting philanthropies, and friendship building. while we can drink as it is a wet campus, a lot of students choose not to drink. they are lots of events that don't have alcohol served. at the ones where it is served, not everyone is drinking by any means. it's not "uncool" to not drink.

Laid back, hard working. Not huge party school, but as it is a wet campus (the only in OK) there is plenty of parties if you want them.

Melissa

The best thing about TU is the people! No matter where I go on campus everyone is welcoming--staff, students, teachers. It was really great, especially as a freshman, because I didn't feel completely abandoned like I had to figure everything out on my own. Also I love that there was not a huge pressure to party and to drink as an incoming student, and even now. While you can always find a party if you want to, no one will ever make fun of you if you don't drink or say you can't go out because you have to study---it is VERY different from high school in the sense that everyone understands that academics come first. It is the people that party all the time, don't study, and fail classes that are the uncool ones now! I have lived on campus every semester and so I have spent a lot of time on campus since I didnt'always have a car. Some of my best memories have been made just hanging out with my friends in the dorms or apartments. Tulsa is smaller than my high school but I still find it is definitely big enough for me. I knew that I didn't want to go to a huge university because I wanted smaller class sizes and i really like walking on campus and always seeing people I know. The actual city of Tulsa is smaller than the city I am from but I like it because it is not overwhelming.

For TU being such a smaller school I have come into contact with people from many many different backgrounds! I can honestly say I have friends from all over the US in addition to people from Europe, South America and the Middle East. It is incredible and has really taught me a lot and given me a greater world view. Also I always loving hearing other cultures' perspectives on things going on in America. While people do form friends groups they are groups that intertwine--there are not cliques of people--the school is too small for that! You can hang out with whoever you want really and I truly believe you will be accepted. There is not a specific stereotype for all the students at TU except I do know that everyone is friendly and for the most part non judging. You can dress up for class or wear your pajamas and you will be treated the same. Everyone has a different financial, political and educational background--I don't think there is really one dominant profile of a "normal TU student".

I love TU and I wish more people knew about it! I have one year left but so far I have had a phenomenal education and met some truly amazing people!

Yes, definitely. People do not just go to TU for a random education--everyone goes for a specific reason whether it was the engineering or, for me, the art program.

I have found the academics at TU to be phenomenal. I was used to having all A's in high school and at TU the classes are really challenging and if you receive an A you know you have really worked for it. The class sizes are small and every professor I have had knew my name when I was in class and some of them still know me today. All of the people I hang out with make good grades and so we all study quite often. You cannot blow of classes and still do well here, so if you're hoping to just party and have school on the side TU isn't the place for you! While you must have a little bit of a competitive attitude to do well the people here are NOT completely crazy and competitive like at some schools. People in your classes always want to form study groups with you and are usually willing to swap notes. I feel like it is a group effort where everyone in the class wants to do well--no one will hope for you to do poorly. Overally I have learned SO much while being at Tulsa. I have been particularly amazed by how much I have learned about art history (my minor) and how my drawing and studio art skills have improved (fine art is my major).

There are a lot of organizations on campus to become invovled with. With most activities, from intramurals to sororities, you can choose how involved you want to be. I went through rush my first semester and decided not to pledge to a sorority because I didnt' want to limit myself to who I became friends with. Then my sophomore year I realized that the fraternities and sororities were not like at other schools, they were very integrated an involved incampus life and they did not fit the regular greek life stereotypes. I want through open recruitment and decided to pledge and join a sorority at the end of my sophomore year and I feel like it has just expanded who I know and what activities I'm involved with. It has not changed me that much though and I have kept my same close friends group that I had before I joined my sorority. As I mentioned earlier, on the weekends you can always find a party to go to if you really want to find one. Otherwise a lot of people just chill in the dorms and apartments. You don't have to go out and party a lot by any means---you can always find people doing what you want to whether it is low key or partying.

I've heard that TU has some of the happiest students...

University of Tulsa administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.