Tulsa, OK
University of Tulsa

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Tulsa

The majority of my classmates are kind, intelligent, and driven individuals who are striving to do the best they can in their classes in order to prepare themselves for their future careers.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, first and foremost I would tell myself to enjoy my freshman year of college because it goes by so fast. I would say that I shouldn't be afraid to try new things and talk to new people because part of the fun of college is making friends, discovering who you are, and becoming a well rounded individual. I would say participate in that dance competition and play on that intramural volleyball team, even though you have are terrible at it and it might be embarrassing, because those are the memories about college that you will hold onto for the rest of your life. You will remember that time you got hit in the face with the volleyball and your friends laughed with you about how uncoordinated you were, but you won't remember the hours spent studying for your economics test. Not to say that academics aren't important, because they are. You go to college to learn and to prepare yourself for a career you'll hopefully love, but it's ok to reward yourself with a little fun once in a while too.

I wish I would have known more about time management, how to study efficiently, and outside scholarships.

Shawnee

At the University of Tulsa education and good grades are constantly emphasized, you will have support finding career oppurtunities even after graduating, and even if you are taking a more intense major you can rest assured that the professors will be supportive and the classes small enough to have as much help as possible, all while having a great college experiance and many oppurtunities to take part in fun campus festivities.

Every year that we have to learn and grow, we realize that we know so much more than we did in the previous year of our life. As a senior in high school, I assumed that I knew everything I needed to know about college and finances, unaware that I knew very little. If I could go back in time I would definately put an emphasis on getting a job as soon as possible when you are old enough and saving every penny for your education. I would definately make myself make a payment plan in advance and know just how much aid versus finances needed I had. I would also make sure to let myself know that college is completely different than high school. You have to study and spend a certain amount of hours out of the week doing so in order to maintain high grades. Most classes have nothing but lectures, and in order to pass you only have a few chances throughout the year to turn in work. Therefore, in college you must really have a good start and be prepared.

I feel that at The University of Tulsa, anyone can find their place whether they are more used to city life or laid back country living, whether they like large or small classroom settings, and no matter how they learn, because Tulsa and the university campus offers a variety of a little bit of everything plus classes that are not too big or too small.

Dexter

I would tell myself to always have the future in mind while making the most out of the present. Have a plan and work towards it. While plans may not always work out, its always good to know what you're working toward. Working hard opens doors and opportunities in the future. I would tell myself how important relationships with other people are. Networking and forming friendships are important aspects of life, and you never know who may be able to help you. Keep true to the Golden Rule and remember to help others when you have the opportunity. Amongst all of this, remember that life is short so make the most out of each day, and enjoy it as you go along.

The diversity of majors. While there is plenty of cultural diversity, the vast majority of students fall into one of several majors. There is a disproportionate amount of certain majors.

The person that is right for this school should be acedemically focused, with the future in mind. Students should be career focused and motivated to go above and beyond in every aspect of their life.

Marsel

My classmates are confident individuals looking to get an education to further their lives in the future.

My school is best known for the high probability of getting a job immediately after leaving the university.

Take action NOW! Do not put off appling for any scholarship for a single second. Scholarships will keep you from ever stressing about what is a loan, how long until you have to pay it back, or where do i even apply for a loan. Make sure to get in contact with the school early so they know you. Make an effort to go on college tours so that your sure that you like the surroundings and the area. Don't limit yourself to in-state schools because of money. Broaden your horizens and look for places even over seas. Find a good hobby that you can do in your free time and people that share that hobby so that you dont go insane. Visit or keep in touch with your family members because they will always be there for you. Don't let your job stres you out to the point that you can't or sleep at night because it wil only hurt you in the long run. develop a study habit while your in high school so that to will just pass on when your in college. Lastly treat each day as a new experience.

Joshua

The Univeristy of Tulsa is well known for being a great Petroleum Engineering (PE) school, and the only one in Oklahoma. The professors and faculty in the the PE department are great and very helpful to students wanting to pursue that degree. The school also has a working full size oil rig which allows the PE students to have hands on training, like most engineering courses at the school.

I found that Univeristy of Tulsa had much smaller class sizes compared to larger state univeristies. This, I found, was great! It allows a lot more one-on-one time with the professor which helps students excel in the classes. With larger class sizes, students do not have the interaction with the professor when needing help as much.

Victoria

The classmates are very self-modivated and excited to learn and do their best in all classes.

If I could go back in time and talk with my past self about college, I would tell myself to stay more focus on school. Friends and socializing is great, and very important when becoming an independant adult; however, college is for education, not socializing. I believe that it is important to have a balence. I would inform myself that I need to stop socializing as much, and focus on studying more. One day I will be out of college, and in the real world; it is important that I am ready for it - socially and finacially.

The events put on by Student Association are fantastic. They allow students to meet each other and get to know all the fun things to do on campus.

Tara

I would tell myself to keep an open mind. I had always had a vision in my head about what my college experience would be like- the dorm and the awesome roomate, the being away from home and the newfound freedom, the crazy hard classes and all-nighters in the library. But when my experience did not completely add up to my image, I was a little upset. It took me a while to realize that my experience and dreams weren't going to be what I had thought, but instead I could make them anew. From that point, I began to see the benefits to still living at home, and having one foot in the adult life with keeping a job and maintaining good grades in college. I didn't need a dorm and on-campus life to have an amazing first year of college. I was able to have just as good of an experience, if not better, than I had ever imagined. All it took was an open mind and a fresh look on things. So I would tell my senior self to prepare for the greatest first step into my adult life- college at TU!

If you are academically driven- this school is for you. Small class sizes, super helpful and focused professors, and other students like you are here. There is a small taste of fun and parties, and I know a few people that really have the full "college party" experience here, but don't let it become the whole reason you're here. The University of Tulsa has some amazing opportunites for those serious about their major; from study abroad opportunities, to research internships, and easily available jobs. This is a school for the academic driven.

There is alot of focus on On-campus students it feels like. Commuters can feel lonely or left out of alot of the activity and college experience. But there are commuter groups to get involved in and your college experience is mainly up to you. You should find a friend on campus that you can crash with every now and then so that you can get your feel of on campus life and the college experience, but don't be disheartened by anything. You're saving money to live off campus after all!

meagan

The University of Tulsa is nothing short of an outstanding and caring family. They are quick to recognize the gifts in everyone and help shape and develop them, so that the students gain the knowledge that they need to create a better future for themselves that otherwise would not have been so driven and successful. Going to TU is one of the best decisions I have made concerning my career path and my future.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself three very important things about my experiences. First, I would tell myself that it's alright to make mistakes. It is so easy to be afraid of the unknown; however, cowering in fear is not how to handle the challenges in life. You must face them head on with your head held high. Secondly, I would tell myself to be more organized. I expected my senior year to be a breeze, but as it went by I realized that I had to work just as hard, if not even harder, as the years before. So I would definitely remind myself to prepare to spend long hours on the internet looking for as many colleges and scholarships as I could. Lastly, I would advise myself to have fun. I had forgotten, during all this added stress, that senior year was also supposed to be fun. I found myself overworked and underequiped for the challenges that I would have to face, but worrying would not solve any of those problems. This is the advice I would give to myself if I could go back in time as a high school senior.

The best thing about the University of Tulsa are the considerate people who work there who make the transition process from being a high school senior to becoming a college freshman not only managable, but also easy and exciting. If I didn't have as much support from the TU community as I do, being a first generation college-bound student would be a near-impossible task. However, with their wide knowledge and understanding of the university, it has made this experience truly remarkable and entirely rewarding for everyone involved.

Kristen

The University of Tulsa is notorious for producing very successful and intelligent graduates. Every degree program the school has is prestigious and is selective. Tulsa provides a well rounded, liberal arts education with an engaging learning environment. The institution also has many research programs that provide students with hands on experience.

Looking back to my senior year, I would tell myself not to stress as much as I did. Although the application and scholarship process can be grueling, it is not worth the worry. Everything seems to naturally fall into place. I would also tell myself to go with my gut instict. Deciding between colleges is exceptionally difficult and seems so important at the time. While it is a big decision, whatever your heart tells you is likely the right choice. People try to influence the decision but it is essential to make the choice that is obvious to you.

One should not attend the University of Tulsa if they do not have an extremely high work ethic. The university consists of experienced professors that require a lot of committment and effort in every class. That being said, there are no "blow off" classes. Other than that, most dedicated students can find their place at the University of Tulsa. The school has a very diverse student body and holds many events for people to find those similar to themselves.

University of Tulsa administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.