University of Tulsa

« See more reviews of University of Tulsa

My fellow classmates are driven, focused, smart, friendly, helpful, and eager to learn.

My classmates are creative thinkers and committed volunteers to their communities.

My classmates are intellegent and focused people; many are perfectionists.

People that are not open minded would not like TU. It is very diverse.

They are diversified, but willing to help each other.

All of us work together and help one another!

Hard working, kind, funny, smart, cultured

My classmates were friendly.

Students are active in just about everything. Most students are really there for learning, but there are occasional people who don't care about their education and are only there because A: their parents could pay for it, or B: athletic scholarship. Most students do come from wealthy families, but even then they require financial aid. Most students will hang with people that don't fit their subculture, just because everyone can get along at TU, but still subgroups and clicks are all around, especially when it comes to sororities and different majors. Arts and Science majors tend to have a beef with the Engineering department and sometimes look at Engineers and Natural Science majors with contempt. And it doesn't help that a lot of Engineers seem to think Arts and Science majors are blow off majors. But one thing remains common: everyone thinks the business school is a joke.

TU has an outstanding student community. With less than 3,000 undergraduate students, the university provides a friendly atmosphere for students to get involved and interact. The Greek system is very positive: there is no tension between the various organizations, Greeks constantly perform higher than the all student average, and Greeks hold the majority of campus leadership positions. We have many diverse religious organizations for students (including everything from a nondenominational chapel to a mosque on campus). Residence Halls frequently offer events and opportunities for students to get involved. During our first annual Service Day, more than 800 students volunteered across the city of Tulsa. Even students from very different backgrounds come together well here.