University of Tulsa

« See more reviews of University of Tulsa

the student association is TERRIBLE. since all officers are greek, they blatantly provide more for the frats and sororities on campus, and plan activities that are more of interest towards them. the organization does improve somewhat each year, although it is only marginally less corrupt. the best thing is probably that they provide free tickets to all sporting events. the student body is actually very diverse, and by the end of freshman year, it seems everyone has found their niche. you can find anime/computer nerds, student athletes, religious fanatics, and extreme liberals all on our little campus, you just have to know where to look. in general, everyone is incredibly tolerant, and discrimination is not something i have ever come across.

I believe that any kind of student would fit in on the TU campus. Whether you are male or female, whatever religion or race, there is a spot for you here. There are many different religious centers on campus, there are many different clubs to get involved in. I believe that anyone can find an aspect of TU that makes them feel right at home. In my experience, it seems that most TU students are from Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas. That said, there are people from all over the world here! We've got a huge international population, as well as people from many of the states. I'm from Seattle, WA; there are students from just about everywhere: Florida, California, Oregon, New York, Chicago, and Arizona, just to name a few places.

There are many different campus ministries at TU, so everyone can find their niche. I think no student would feel out of place as there are so many different types of people, you can always find someone to relate to. Most students don't really 'dress to impress' when going to class. It is not uncommon to see most students in jeans and a t-shirt most days. Students definately interact with different types of people from themselves. I would say the majority of students come from Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas and Missouri.

I had friends from all walks of the student body. I was in the greek system and had many friends in it, I was friends with numerous athletes, I also had friends in the study abroad program, and from just every walk of life. I think any type of person will find a home and wonderful group of friends. Most people at TU are very accepting and sterotypes are not anything like they are in college, in fact that goes away all together. The best way to describe this student body is, diversity.

It is a small school. Personally, my high school is only a bit smaller than TU. Most of the students are from Upper-middle class, but most of the students on campus have some sort of finical aid, & financial backgrounds aren't that important. There is a surprisingly large amount of international students, a lot from the middle east. Some of them are a bit creepy, I'll admit. Most students dress fairly well for class, considering it's college.

There are all kinds of ethnics and races and religious beliefs at school. No one would feel out of place. Most people do just look like they got out of bed and came to class. But others look like they took time to care about what they look like that day. It all depends on what mood you're in or what kind of person you are and if you even care about what you look like.

The student body here is very diverse. There are many people from all different backgrounds. Everyone is very accepting here and no one gets left out. It is a great community