University of Tulsa

« See more reviews of University of Tulsa

Definitely the beautiful campus and the incredible people. As an international student from Canada, I have appreciated the international atmosphere The University of Tulsa works hard to create. The athletic programs are outstanding, as are the people involved in collegiate athletics here at Tulsa. Further, the university puts a strong emphasis on volunteer work and giving back to the community. Academically, this university is exceptionally strong and has numerous opportunities. Small class sizes and professors who truly care about their students make a huge difference in the life of a college student.

The University of Tulsa is a fantasticly well-rounded school-- it has Division 1 athletics, an intimate community of around 3,000 undergraduates, and great opportunities for service and involvement, including greek life. The environment at this university is extremely versatile with a heavy academic focus with small class sizes and a focus on research in many fields, but also a great social scene and an exciting city to live in. I brag most upon the family that is the TU student and faculty body. The intimate classes and environment is like no other university I have seen/heard of.

I am very proud to attend the University of Tulsa because of all of the incredible educational and travel opportunities for students. The campus is one of the best I've ever seen. The university departments and facilites are supplied with the best equipment and supplies for students. Also TU has great scholarship opportunities for students. Anyone from any economic background has the opportunity to get their costs covered at TU. The faculty and students are diverse, kind, and a lot of fun. Tulsa is a friendly city with a lot to do. It is an all around excellent school.

That the University of Tulsa is very strong academically and has one of the best engineering and science departments in the country. The campus life is great and is full of fun activities that are geared toward getting students to interact with eachother and to make friends! Everyone is very friendly and wants to make you feel comfortable so that the TU campus feels like home. And in the end, when you graduate from TU, there is no doubt that you will have a degree from a top rated school and many friends that you will have for life.

The University of Tulsa is the best of both worlds, it's a highly accredited academic school, but at the same time it is a place where you can enjoy your first experience "living on your own." TU is a school where everyone accepts everyone and you feel completely comforted while still getting a GREAT education! It's a small school so you get to know those in your class well and your professors are always there to help you when you need it. Altough it's very academic you can get into the social scence through the Greek System!

The orientation week was probably the best one of all my friends' experiences. Most of my friends warned my about how boring and long it was going to seem, but when I got to my college, the week-long event turned out to be more fun than I could have ever imagined. Not only did that week eliminate any apprehensions I had about my college choice, but I gained the confidence and strength I needed to succeed that first semester. Other colleges' seemed to have two or three days full of boring lectures. I got camp and a boat trip.

Size and location. Many state schools are giant Universities located in small towns. That means that there is going to be tons of activities and events to do on Campus, but few to attend outisde the school. The University of Tulsa is a small university inside of a big town. You get to live with 6,000 other people, get to know them really well, and then go out on the town to have a good night on the weekends. Also, small population means smaller class sizes. You can really form a relationship with your professor here.

This school has many wonderful things to offer. The campus is beautiful, the students are friendly and social, and the classes are engaging. There is plenty to do on campus, from clubs to religious affiliations to gym classes. There is also a lot of diversity on campus-- 32% of students are international students! And I love the town it's in. Tulsa is just the right size town. It has big city perks like malls, concerts, and a budding downtown, but a small town feel in its farmers markets and coffee shops.

Well I’m a transfer student from Tulsa community college and at that school there is so many students, which made it harder to make friends. So one of the things I tell my friends about Tulsa University is that its an amazing school, the classes are small and because of your major you’ll most likely have class with some of the same students, which is great because you can study for multiple classes together. Also being in smaller class over all has made it easier to learn the material.

I want to be a Petroleum Engineer, and I was stuck between going to University of Tulsa or University of Oklahoma. I ended up at TU, and I couldn't be happier. When I visited some friends at OU, I was excited to go, but was soon ready to leave. The people were not as kind as in Tulsa and I felt lonely and tiny because of all the students. I am truly happy at TU and feel that I belong. It's nice to be recognized when I go to classes and feel like I’m part of something.