University of Tulsa

« See more reviews of University of Tulsa

I think the worst thing about my school is the lack of help a studnt gets from teachers or students on subjects that one might be struggling. Of course not everyone might agree with this statement, however I feel that there is a lack of interest in theachers when it comes to helping students who are struggling in their class. In addition, Students are very competitive in this school; consiquently, it forces some student to not help other student who are having a hard time completing work. It would be wonderful if this can be change in the future.

The dining plan is probably the worst part of our school, since it forces 1st and 2nd year students to use it, and there is no real benefit. The cafeteria is all right, but when charged $20 per meal by our meal plan, it is not worth it. Additionally, the "Dining dollars" and "Gold dollars" that TU offers gives students no advantage at restaurants that accept this currency over using normal money. It's a huge drain on funds for students, and its price should probably be cut in half and removed as a requirement for students.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of healthy food choices. During my time at the University of Tulsa I have never felt that I had the opportunity to maintain a healthy diet while being restricted to their meal plan. I feel like I have no other choice because I live on the campus and do not have sufficient funds or time to buy additional food and cook for myself three times every day. This problem could be easily solved if they stopped trying to make healthy food taste better in order to get everyone to eat it.

There is something about this school that makes you constantly thrive to better yourself. It's to a point where if you can't meet these standards and goals that you almost lose hope for a future lavish life and want to crawl into a hole that leads to a community college. (Not that there's anything wrong with CC) So really the worst thing about this school is that the faculty and fellow students make you actually believe that you are capable of achieving greatness and sometimes that's just a little too much pressure.

The worst aspect of life at the University of Tulsa is the lack of connectivity in a dorm room setting. The majority of campus housing residents do not socialize beyond what is required during hall meetings. This lack of community makes feeling at home difficult. It also stagnates one's ability to become friends with one's neighbors. The individual hall governments need to work harder at creating an environment where companionship and fellowship are encouraged among residents.

The cost of attendance. I love this school, and I think learning like this -- in smaller, more discussion based classrooms -- should be available to everyone. The professors are usually friendly and available, the work is challenging and fun, and classes generally keep me interested and focused. But it's expensive. I'm paying for college on my own, with very little in the way of scholarships, and if that doesn't change soon, I'm probably going to run out of money.

The worst thing about the University of Tulsa is the price. It is a private University which means that many of the funds that run this school come from the students' pockets. You are going to have to pay more to go here than most other schools, but if you are going to drop thousands of dollars on an education, might as well do it at a place that will truly give you what you are paying for. That is why, despite the cost, I chose the University of Tulsa.

I do not consider anything at The University of Tulsa to be the worst. The only thing I would say that is not as satisfying would be the food/dining options. I wish that the main cafeteria served better food and allowed us to take food to go. I also wish that we could turn our meals into dining dollars to be able to purchase different types of food. We can only use our "meals" for the cafeteria and the "simply-to-go" options.

It is hard to pick out something that is 'the worst' about this university, as it truly has been a dream come true. I would have to say that, while I mostly see the size of the university to be extremely beneficial to my student experience, at times it can feel very small and unknown. However, both TU's athletic and academic programs are working to put Tulsa on the map, surprising people every day.

The worst thing is the affordability of TU. I am a transfer student who came in from the University of Oklahoma. I came to TU my second semester of freshman year, so I have spent the majority of my college career at TU. I recieved ample scholarship, money wise, but the tuition and cost way exceed aid. I work two jobs on and off campus to try and alleviate the burden.