University of Tulsa

« See more reviews of University of Tulsa

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

It is a bunch of rich, white students who are easily chracterized into cliques. There are also a bunch of boys from the Middle East who are seperated from the rest of the student body and who look down upon the rest of the students. The fraternitites and sororities are labeled "fake" due to their lack of help in the community.

It is commonly said that 50% of the school is from Tulsa or St. Louis. Also, it is thought that a large portion of the student body was home-schooled, and therefore totally awkward and backwards and fundamental Christian. Business majors think that their future careers are the only ones that matter.

about TU: very very EXPENSIVE (trueeee) Good University (truee, depending on my experience as an engineer). Very strict rules (oh yesss, therefore READ READ READ before you do anything. Otherwise, get you're pocket ready to pay for a charge you didn't know about)

Most people from Oklahoma or around the region don't take TU serious because it's not as well known as OU or OSU. Also, TU students are all just a bunch of rich and/or smart book worms that study all the time.

The local stereotype is that TU students are extremely smart and that TU is a hard school to get into. I do not think that we have national stereotypes, I don't know.

When people think of TU, it's generally 1 of 3 things. Everyone here is either really really smart, a rich white kid, or someone from out of the country.

TU has a reputation for mostly being a commuter campus... which it was about 10 years ago. the stereotypical student is a geek that lives at home.

Laid back, hard working. Not huge party school, but as it is a wet campus (the only in OK) there is plenty of parties if you want them.

A huge stereotype about us is that we're all spoiled rich kids that don't need money and have had everything in life handed to them.

1. Everyone is from Oklahoma, St. Louis/Kansas City, or Dallas 2. Everyone from Oklahoma are rednecks.