University of Tulsa

« See more reviews of University of Tulsa

The size of the University of TUlsa is what I consider the best thing. I have always attended small, private schools. I appreciate the small classes, the personalized relationship with the teacher, and the ability to get to meet other students easily. TU has exceeded my expectations about college. I was fearful that I would not get the indivdual attention I was accustomed to. At TU, teachers are more than willing to help you and meet with you. Classes are small and personalized. You can always ask questions and recieve helpful answers.

The best thing about the University of Tulsa is the atmosphere on campus. Everyone is exceedingly friendly and happy to be there. TU has all the advantages of a small school, such as low student to faculty ratio, undergraduate research opportunities, and the opportunity to influence campus policies. However, our school is large enough to have a healthy but not overwhelming greek system, several top division IA sports, and a variety of majors including Business and Engineering that most liberal arts colleges in the US do not have.

The best thing about the University of Tulsa are the considerate people who work there who make the transition process from being a high school senior to becoming a college freshman not only managable, but also easy and exciting. If I didn't have as much support from the TU community as I do, being a first generation college-bound student would be a near-impossible task. However, with their wide knowledge and understanding of the university, it has made this experience truly remarkable and entirely rewarding for everyone involved.

The best thing about my school is the way it is cultivating me as an individual and not just a student. I've never been challenged as much intellectually as I have been since joining TU. I used to have a hard time with being disciplined in my studies, but since joining TU, every form of laziness is now being discarded from life. It also has help me understand that nothing worthwhile is easy, but through hard work is attainable. The 11 to 1 student-faculty ratio also gives me a great experience with each professor I have.

The best thing for me is the fact that I know that TU wants me to succeed. They do so much to make sure that all graduates can walk away with a full time job of their preference. The classes are small enough that you get one on one time with your professors, which for the most part are very helpful and just want the best for you too. TU has recruiters that push you to get out there for prospective employers. We go to college to obtain a career, TU practically ensures that you will graduate with one.

The most amazing thing about TU is the class sizes, and the professors. As a student of the business school, I have not had a lecture class of more than 35 students, which allows for much more participation in class, as well as individualized attention from the professors. At TU, I feel like my professors really care about my success in their class, and make great efforts at getting to know their students and going the extra mile to help them out. I haven't had a professor I didn't like at Tulsa!

The people here are incredibly friendly and the class sizes are pretty small. The professors genuinely care, not only about your success in their classes, but your success in all of your endeavors. There are so many opportunities to learn, and an enfasis is also placed on interpersonal skills as well as the traditional "hard" skills. The education at the University of Tulsa is to make the student into a better person- more knowledgable, caring, environmentally conscious, etc.

I believe the student to teacher ratio is amazing. You really get to create a relationship with your teacher because generally classes are no larger than 20-30 students. The classes that actually have 20-30 students are the larger classes. I think it helps the student obtain help and really understand the concept of each class. although, the student has to be willing to create that bond because teachers will not chase you down if you are not seeking for help.

The best thing about my school is the oppurtuniy to be completely immersed in art and culture. There are so many events held on campus or extremely discounted tickets to off-campus events that are available to students. Art is such a big influencer in our world that having so much of it available to a young student is exciting. Having the ability to view plays, listen to concerts, or watch a ballet are all great things that the younger generation needs.

The best thing about the University of Tulsa is the sense of community on campus. The freshman orientation program does an incredible job of assimilating the incoming class into the University's family. I still have many friends that I met the day I moved in! I consider TU my home away from home, and I have so many friends from all over the country (and world!) that I know will stay with me not only throughout my college days, but into my adult years.