University of Utah

« See more reviews of University of Utah

The University of Utah is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Salt Lake City is the perfect balance of metropolitan life and outdoor life, it's the best of both worlds! I have lived here for over a year and have completely immersed myself into the city life, consisting of amazing performing arts, festivals, film events, farmer's markets, concerts, etc. Even though it's a smaller city, it can seem overwhelming at times. I love taking hikes into the mountains or canyons to escape the city when I need to. It couldn't get any better than that.

The football games and gymnastics meets are usually really exciting, because we generally have high-ranked teams. The exercise and general facilities are in great shape and there are plenty of activities for a large variety of interests. Primary Children's Hospital and the Univeristy Hospital are just off campus, where a lot of great research is done to help those in need. The top of campus also provides a great view of the Salt Lake Valley. There are plenty of outdoor recreation sites nearby as well.

While the University of Utah is not my number one school of choice for attendance, I must say that there are countless opportunities offered here. I really love the school spirit that the students emulate as well as the numerous on-campus organizations that allow students to involve themselves even in such a capacious environment. There are consistently activities being arranged on-campus that allow each and every individual to feel as if they have a sense of belonging.

Our school has a really successful football team! Our school as well has the largest Institue of Religion that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has to offer. The Institute, which is connected with the University, is actually one of my favorite parts of being here. As well my class sizes have been on average pretty small which helps me get more involved with my teachers and raise my potential of success.

The classes available here are very stimulating to my mind and not only in the academic sense. I feel like I learn more than the material that is meant to be covered in class and that I am a better person for participating in this community. Also, the life on campus is cultured and diverse. The people seem lively and upbeat about life, and we also get a lot of free thinkers.

It is a very prestigious school. It is even fun just to say that I go to the U, because automactically people respect that. It has an incredible medical school and a wonderful University hospital. I was in a severe car accident and had to be life flighted. They flew me to the U, even though it was much further than the nearby hospital. I think that says a lot.

Although some of the classes are very large, when you get into specific major classes the teachers get to know you. I have had many classes where the teacher knows each student by name and get to know each person. This is a wonderful opportunity because it gives you the chance to have letters of reccomendation written for you and a lot of one-on-one help.

The U is a great place to be. The campus is vibrant--there is always something going on on campus. Plus, it is a beautiful location, nestled near the foothills and packed with large trees. I love that the campus feels like a large park more than anything else. Plus, the academics are top-notch. Any major you want, you can probably find at the U.

We apply what we learn in college. Even as an undergraduate we have the excellent oppurtunity to learn about real life situations. What we learn in class is beneficial to real life research. It gives you a sense of real accomplishment to know that what you are mastering in class will help you with your career in the future.

The thing that I brag about the most about my school is all the different activities that are there to help bring students together. Another thing that I brag about is the diversity of students that are present there and all of the interesting things you can learn from people that I go to school with.