University of Utah

« See more reviews of University of Utah

All types of people can attend the Unversity of Utah. I currently work full time and attend school part time. Online, night and remote campus classes are abundant. In my academic career at the University of Utah, I have attended the Main, Bountiful and Murray campuses and taken advantage of online classes. I also have many international friends from the U. They enjoy the campus living and full time classes. Really the school is great for all types of students and I don't know any U student who hasn't had a pleasant experience with quality instruction from professors.

The kind of person who should attend the University of Utah is someone who is willing to explore new ideas, challenge their known knowledge, and be ready to be transformed into a better person that will make their dream career real. Not only will you be equipped to become the best you can be, you learn so much in the four or five years in college about yourself so the person definitely needs to be ready to look within themselves and be ready to change for the better.

While this university is found in utah it is far less conservative than anywhere in the state, but with that being said it still has a conservative feel to the campus. So the type of person who should attend this school is someone who is self motivated with clear goals and a slightly conservative standpoint. Also the surrounding area has many great place for outdoor activites, so someone who attends this school should enjoy the outdoors, skiing, hiking, boating, etc.

Anyone with an interest in furthering their education should attend the University of Utah. University of Utah is well-known for several great programs in countless fields as well as very involved and competative with sports. Whether you live on or off campus the UofU has numerous quiet places to study alone or with a group, great for midterm/finals week. Class sizes are very manageable if that's a concern and professors are kind and willing to work with students.

Anyone really can and should attend the University of Utah. It is very welcoming to all groups of people, social-economically and racially. I you want to have pride in your school with respect to sports and education worth, the U is above average on all counts. It may be of particular interest if you ski ,snowboard, or are outdoorsy. We have the best snow on earth as well as moutains, lakes, rivers. It is just the right amount of an urban vs rural setting.

Anyone who is motivated and can dedicate themselves to the work that is required. This is a great school and worth the cost, but it is not a party school. Come here for an education-not a social life. The U of U has great diversity and intelligent instructors that will help you accomplish all the goals you set out to achieve. Give it your best and you will get the best results you could ever ask for.

A true Utah Ute is ready to excel, be challenged and show their support. The U is a prestigious school and the students should be up for the challenge; they must want to excel academically and be willing to work hard to achieve that goal. They should also support the school not only by wearing the school colors but by attending the games, performances and other activities that the school hosts.

The University of Utah is a great school for students with prospective medical careers or dealing with the physical sciences. We have the freshest cadavers for the anatomical seekers and a very extensive physical sciences department. The weather is extremely cold during the winter months, but if one can push through the 'freeze' then there is not a lot of down sides to the University of Utah.

I think to attend any sort of school a person need to have balance with everything in life. You need to be organized, responsible, and hard working. A person needs to know when to sit down and study or wehther they can go out and have a good time with friends. You need good study skills and a mind set ready to learn not just in class but from the people around you.

Any one who is looking to learn their desired major from extremely knowledgable and talented professors should attend this school. It was challenging, but I believe that an education should be challenging. The faculty and facilities at the University of Utah will allow anyone with a strong desire to learn to acheive their goals.