University of Utah

« See more reviews of University of Utah

Someone merely seeking a ?party school fun time? should not consider enrollment at the University of Utah. While there is no dearth of social activities?au contraire, a wide variety of the amusing, the entertaining, the exhilarating, the edifying, and the thought-provoking await?this is a prestigious school, of which students and faculty are proud. Professor and co-student alike expect hard work. While there is accommodation to enjoyment of the experience, there is little toleration for someone who isn?t serious about their education?another reason why I enjoy this school: we can work and play hard.

The University of Utah is a large school with requirements that other colleges do not require therefore, unwilling people shouldn't attend this school. This is a school where what is expected of you should be done and completed in order to succeed. Time should be put in order to succeed so someone who in unmotivated and apathetic schould not attend this school. There is also the problem of tuition that many students who can not afford to pay for a university education may have therefore, students who take jobs as a priority shouldn't attend the University of Utah.

If a student needs constant one on one attention from the professor or TA, they will have a difficult time at this school, at least in their general level classes. Our professors and TAs are very friendly and supportive and will do everything they can to help a student who requires assistance, the only thing is there are over 30,000 students on the U's campus, so a person may have a hard time being able to meet with a professor or TA. However, tutoring is offered and fellow classmates are more than happy to help!

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who needs a lot of one on one attention. Almost all of my classes from Freshman - Senior levels were auditorium size. This is a research university where the professors are paid for their research projects, so many of the classes are taught by their graduate students or assistants. The first priority of the professors is research, not teaching.

You should not attend this school if you are not willing to work hard and give your best effort to earning an education. It is not a school that lets people through for not doing the work. Also it is rather liberal, so if you don't want that environment or take offense at liberal comments or teaching styles, I advise you to think about it before deciding.

The University of Utah is a great, accreditted university. However, the student body is immense as well as the campus can seem overwhelming. If you are not comfortable in a large setting, I would not recomment the University of Utah. Students that enjoy close, intimate class settings will most likely find themselves unhappy at the University of Utah.

I feel as though the University of Utah has opportunities for all types of students including academic interests, personalities, disabilities and extra curricular activities. I do not think that there is any student that could not find a group that they did not fit into. There is a place at the University of Utah for everyone.

People who just want a degree and a quick way through school shouldn't attend the University of Utah. It is challenging and competitive and teachers teach how to think. If you aren't passionate about the degree you are pursuing or don't like to think hard it is very difficult to get by.

Anyone should attend school, there is not a single person that shouldn't . If you want to succeed, there are so many ways you can. At schools there are many programs to help students who are struggling. Even cost isn't a big issue, financial ad and scholarships are always available.

People who are going into law probably would have a better choice than the University of Utah. Also people who don't want to get involved and just do their schoolwork should probably avoid the University of Utah because it has lot's of activities to attend.