University of Utah

« See more reviews of University of Utah

If you're not serious about school, you'd be wasting your time at the U. This school is meant for education and success, and there's no rule prohibiting partying or wasting time, but that would be throwing away your time and money, and the schools.

This is a school who needs students ready to learn. This is not a place for people who conider college as an experience for frequent parties and long weekends. People who attend this school need to be dedicated in their work in order to succeed.

I wouldn't recomend this school to anyone who doesn't want to have fun in college, isn't willing to pay for the excellent teachers, and doesn't want to take the time to learn about, and take advantage of the amazing recourses this school offers.

It's not a great school for people who are super conservative. I think it is one of the more democratic schools in Utah so anyone who has been dreaming of going to BYU their whole life would not do well here. It would probably scare them.

If you do not like large public places with a lot of people then this probably is not the school for you. Although it is not too large, it is one of the larger schools. Just expect a lot of people there but it does have a big campus.

The only people who I'd say shouldn't go to the University of Utah, are people who aren't willing to put in the time and effort necessary to perform. The University is very accomodating - where there is a will, there is a way.

Someone who isn't ready for a challenge. It is a difficult school because it has a good reputation, and if your not ready to work, then I would suggest you find a school with less expectations than what you will find here.

People looking for very small, highly interactive classes should not attend this school. A large majority of the classes are 100+ students in large lecture halls where the professor talks non-stop the entire time.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is one who would be lazy, would be looking for an easy-A, would not care to participate in class discussions, or who expects a party-school.

Someone who wants to be involved in campus activities, likes to ski and/or snowboard, and wants a good education without having to clean out their bank account should go to this school.