University of Utah Top Questions

Jamie

You will love the University of Utah even more than you think. Pay attention to those flyers in the hallways. The clubs, special interest courses, and guest keynote speakers will be the best part of your experience. Your professors will be some of your best friends, and some of your best friends will teach you more than your professors ever could. Having a monthy girls' night with your roomates will make a huge difference in the harmony of your apartment. This is a time investment that is well worth it. OFalafel has the best food in the city - and the owner will help you practice your Arabic. Take on that extra minor in sustanability- you'll become more passionate about that than you realize. Don't stay so close to campus. Try ALL of the coffee shops, but NOT all of the Mexican restaurants in downtown Salt Lake. Half lemon half honey in a cup of hot water is the perfect mix to soothe your sore throat after those football games when you scream your lungs out. All in all - get ready for the most frustrating, most inspiring, most catalyzing experience of your life.

Danielle

Get involved in activites/groups you enjoy to help you make those life-long friends. It's okay to not know what to study at first. Take the time to explore various types of classes to really learn what you want to do without switching your major multiple times. Take classes that interest you just for the heck of it. Look for internships early on to help narrow your career path and network. STUDY ABROAD. Have and enjoy those once-in-a-lifetime experiences!

Jordan

If i were able to travel back in time and give myself advice on transitioning to college I would mainly focus on convincing myself to get more involved with the University of Utah's community even before attending. The University has so many great programs that I feel would provide a great benifit to my path to a degree in engineering. I feel like I made all the correct preperations necessary for transitioning, just the extra involvement and contacts would have made it a slightly smoother process. Because of my preperations I am excelling in all of my courses to this point and has made college life alot less stressful and more manageable. As far as transitioning to college there is always more you can, should, or sould have done, and I think being more involved is one of the things I could have improved upon.

Brian

Don't give up and just do it. It would make a world of difference to not only you, but your childern.

Austin

So much of your early education has been focused on rote memorization. As a senior, it is time to start learning to think for yourself. Rather than spend your remaining months in high school blindly memorizing factoids, generate the skill to ask powerful questions. Questions that defy normal learning. Questions that do more than scratch the surface; ask questions that breach the basics, that dig deep, that shovel through the rote to find profound understanding. Learn the truth for yourself. Learn the meanings behind the meaning. Because the day you step into your university program will be the day you have to start thinking critically. The purpose of university education is to transform you into the Albert Einstein or MLK of the future. What makes these individuals great is they went beyond normal and discovered profound. They changed the world because they refused to accept life at face-value. Learn independence of mind now, and you will see its benefit play out not just in your university education, but the rest of your life. You will go beyond normal and discover profound. You will come to know what makes you, you. You will change the world for the better.

Colton

Do all that you can be be involved in what interests you on-campus. Although academic success should be a top priority, properly balancing it with a healthy social life will make college more enjoyable and will help build connections that will help you be successful both in school and for years to come. Find what interests you, whether it be sports, volunteering, a certain career, a unique hobby, and join clubs, groups, or organizations that value those same things. If there isn't something available that you'd like to see at your college, start it! Getting involved in existing groups or starting new groups will show your passion, dedication, and leadership skills on resumes and applications. Being involved will help you in your studies, make school more enjoyable, and help build lasting connections to step into the career you want.

Alexus

Do not overwork yourself and get burnt out. Take more time to decide what you want to major in, and be more social during your first year so that you can adjust more easily. Take the time to be involved in school activities while you are able, and enjoy all that college has to offer. It is okay to ask for help, and I encourage you to do so before your problems become overwhelming. The advisors and faculty are there to help you, and you should utilitize them from the very start. They will help you to stay on the path you want to be on.

Henry

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, my advice would be simple: save money for college! Why do you keep blowing money on video games you played for about a week then never touched again? Start applying for scholarships, idiot! Nobody's going to hand out free tuition to you just because you're "awesome".

Richael

If I were to go back give myself advice as a high school senior, I would say this. The most important thing that you can do with your life right now is go to school. Don't put it off or try to go part time and drag school out. You will regret not finishing your degree as soon as possible. You will value your education enough to see that student loan debt is worth the cost. You will come to see the time that you procrastinate getting your education as wasted time. So go to school. Go directly to the University and don't waste time at community colleges or junior colleges. Make your education your primary focus. Study hard and enjoy your time in school. Then you will be better equipped to be successful and enjoy yourself after you graduate. You won't regret it.

Samir

3

Gina

Just because it is your senior year in high school, do not get lazy. Start planning the upcoming college semester as if it were the most important thing. Make sure to meet deadlines! Schedule your classes, apply for those scholarships, financial aid and ensure you have housing figured out. As one who did not have all that figured out, it was not an easy transition. The transition is already stressful enough just with the change of attending a large campus and meeting new friends, no need to add on to that by throwing things on the backburner until it is the last minute or you have missed deadlines and your scraping at the administrative offices trying to work deals to attend. Keep on track and save yourself the headache.

Kellie

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be just a few sentences. Attend all your classes - you never know when professors will give out points for being there. Also it's way harder to catch up on a day in college than it was in high school. DON'T SKIP and you'll do just fine! I would also say don't procrastinate... Us college students are the epitome of procrastination from writing a paper the day it's due to pulling all-nighters in the University library. You don't have to do that to yourself. Work on your time management now so you can better prepare for this! Lastly, be social and enjoy college. Put your academics first and then join clubs, teams, go greek or do whatever interests you. College is a place you can make life-long friends and connections and taking advantage of that opportunity will only make your experience better.

Natasha

I would talk to all professors and counselors about what scholarships I could apply for to pay for schooling to avoid all student loans.

Take it serious! College is very expensive and most scholarships are only availabe to students going into the college so you must apply for them in high school. Take advantage of the early programs such as high school college get the free credits while you can. Kick the habit of procrastination now! It is even harder when you are not required to attend lectures and you are not required to get good grades, become self dependent earlier. Create a plan, decide and do more research on what college institutions are about, understand that you dont just take classes you have to take classes that are focused on your major. Last word of advice is don't over do it, taking extra classes helps you get through school faster but if you cannot get A's in all of your classes you are either taking too many classes or not giving adequete time to study 4 credit class requires 16 hours of study outside of class per week.

Monica

I would tell myself to always follow my heart, even if the decision doesn't make sense to others. I would tell her and work academically as hard as she can so that she can receive scholarships. I would tell her to try and work outside of school as well, in order to prepare for student loans and other college expenses. I would tell her to be more logical, practical, and to prepare for her future as much as she can. The arts are a very difficult thing to go into and make a career out of. I would tell her that it'll be incredibly difficult starting out, but she'll survive. I would tell her to always keep her head up, stay true to herself, and to not let anyone try to change what she wants to do with her life. I want her to be practical in the way she prepares for her heart's desires, so she can be successful in her artistic endeavors.

Mekayla

It’s scary, I know. You’ve been working toward this for…twelve years. College. It’s right before you. Everyone praises you for graduating on the honor roll…but you honestly couldn’t care less. You smile but you are terrified. Eaten alive every sleepless night by anxiety about failing, about being alone, about having to be an adult. Believe me, you’ll be fine. You’ll fail algebra fall semester and then drive yourself half-crazy in spring with overachieving perfectionism before sinking into a deep depression over summer. Guess what? You’ll pass algebra. But statistics?—failed. Twice. It’s going to take a while to learn that struggling doesn’t label you a failure. That ‘try again’ is more than a phrase—it’s an attitude. You’ll find that grades aren’t the crowning glory of life; take a chance on people. Smile. Talk to students and professors—you’ll make some dear friends that way. Remember that this is your life. How do you want to live it? What kind of adventure do you want? This is only the first step. Be yourself and thrill to this miracle of living.

Alexandra

I would tell my high school self that staying in the dorms may seem like a good idea, but avoiding them is even a better idea. The dorms were filthy, co-ed, filled with drugs and alcohol abusers, and smelled like stale booze and throw up. I was fortunate enough to get an apartment on my own for my sophomore year, and it worked out great. My grades went up (significantly because the distractions and noise was removed), I was much happier, and overall a better student. I would also tell my high school self to take full advantage of clubs and groups on campus that may later have a positive impact on employment or resume building. I attended political debates, but I could have joined an organization. I supported the environmental petitions, but I could have participated in their campaigns. My biggest advice though, would be to not obsess over grades. I spent so much time worrying and distracting myself from my studies because I was so afraid of failure. I look back and wonder why it was such a big deal. I tried and I never failed anyway, so worrying was pointless. Have fun. Study hard. Smile.

Keeyon

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to enjoy the beauties of every moment. To do what felt right in every moment and not to be afraid of what other's thought. I would tell myself to just do what made me happy and not care about what other people think, and not worry so much about doing what I thought would make me look cool. To make an effort to give. To bring special value to every passing moment. To make every experience with other people a beautiful bonding moment. But mostly, to just be happy. To do what makes me happy, and assure him that everything else would fall into place after that. To not live my life trying to impress others, but to live the life that I want to live.

Jean-Luc

I would tell my youngerself to step up his game. You need to prepare for the future and not just focus on the here and now. Start getting scholarships and takeing higher level thinking classes.

Danny

I know that the notoriety of playing football is appealing. They are going to offer you a one-of-a-kind experience, miking it sound like the other way. My advice is for you to not listen to your parents, coaches, or friends. Painting means alot to you, and trust me, you will just end up going back to school five years later to finish the art degree you should have concentrated on anyways. Im already here, reaping the benefits of listening to a deeper part of me. Try to dig past the promises of some worldy happiness, and decide what would ultimately make you your optimal self. Sit in the dark and contemplate before making a decision. Seperate yourself from any distractions. Art will be there long after your knee surgeries have healed. Dedicate more than just a passive interest in it. Dealv into it with all that you have. Rebel. You wont regret it.

Nikolette

I know going to college doesn't feel like as big of a change as you hoped it would. Your still going to be living at home and surrounded by people you already know. But your going to meet so many diffrent types of people and make so many new friends. You'll learn lots of new things, about yourself and the world, you'll also change a lot without even knowing it. I know your scared because you have no idea what you want to do with your life, but you do figure it out; it only took a couple more years. Another great thing about college is it's not as stressful as you thought it would be. Of course you will be stretched thin during finals week, but you get through it, and you do a really good job. So dont worry, it's going to be fun.

Taneisha

If I was given the chance to go back in time and talk to myself, I would have so much to say. I would tell myself that I am beautiful, funny, caring and loving. I would tell myself not to put others needs before my own all of the time. I would tell myself to know when to walk away and when to stay. I would tell myself to never give up on what I want , or change for others, and just to be myself. I would tell myself that all I need is to focus on the betterment of my own self growth, and what I want so i can work toward my goals. I would tell myself that I am enough and more, and that I can acheive anything. I would tell myself that I will go through trials and tribulations( some of which are of my own doing) but that I would'nt want to go back and change anything because it turns out so much better than I could have imagined. Above all else, I would tell myself to work hard, save up, focus, not to worry, and that in the end everything will be ok.

Tania

Tania, Stay strong to your believes. Remain focused in your goals! I know buying new clothes might seem the most important thing, but it really isn't. Try to avoid debt, keep the car that you paid cash, and don't accure any more debt, that will help you save money for school! And most importantly, DON'T COMPARE YOUSERLF to others and their situations! Everyone has a different path, and I can assure you, yours is bright and great! it's just different than the one from your friends. Don't dismay! Stay in school, even if it's just one class, that is better than wasting time. invest your time in activities and people that help you stay happy. Love yourself above all!

Lilly

Just show up to class. It may be boring but there is no excuse good enough for missing even one class period. The study hours decrease dramatically by just going to class.

Anikka

I could tell myself not to procrastinate, but I wouldn't have listened. I could tell myself to move closer to campus, but I would have looked at my wallet and then ignored the advice. I could tell myself not to talk to that creep--and I totally would have listened, but that would be wasting an opportunity. If I could talk to my senior self, I would have hugged her and told her that college is ten times better than high school. That it is a challenge, but as long as she takes advantage of all of the recources that the university has to offer, noting has to be complicated. It may be difficult, but simple and fun. I would tell her that there is no need to fear drowning in the crowed of hard workers because she is capable of working just as hard, and that learning to trust and make new friends will dramatically improve her life for the better. "Take it from me," I would say, "I know what you're thinking, I know what you fear, and I know that you will be wonderful."

Kirsten

Dear Kirsten, I know you’re a senior in high school and you think you know everything about everything, but take it from me; there are a few things you don’t know. College is a place where there are endless possibilities; from classes to meal plans, to boyfriends, it’s all new. The choices made in college are choices that can change the rest of your life. Make these choices wisely, take your time. Most importantly, if you feel like you’re burned out, if you want play hard and think of nothing but playing, then wait to attend college until you’re ready to devote your time to doing your very best. I spent so much time goofing off, and while those memories will last a lifetime, they are ones that could have been made while I wasn’t paying tuition. College is a life changing experience; the people you meet, the mentors you study under, and the programs you choose will guide you down paths that will shape who you become. Use this time you will spend in college finding out what you want to offer the world, not what the world has to offer you.

Thomas

Going back in time and talking to myself, one of the best things I could say would be take advantage of the extra curricular activies at the university. Being a part of the social clubs and groups is a great was to get involved with campus life fast and to meet new people. The people you meet will be from different majors, walks of life, and fields of experience. From those people you will be able to get ample of help when it comes to campus life or tutoring. They will also be able to show you all the neat little things that the campus has to offer, like secluded study areas, the best drinking fountains, the place with the campus wifi that nobody knows about, the best poetry cafe, and all those little things that make campus life fun, bohemian, and interesting.

Alfonso

GET A PLANNER! This is the single most important tool in college. Use the time before your first semester to organize yourself. Please go to an advisor and map out your future semesters. Find out how to be a great scholarship candidate and become that. It will save you from financial hardship and delaying your education. Listen to your parents but above all to your advisor; they really know what they are talking about. Please work as hard as you can on attendance. If you sleep in you will be giving your opportunities to someone else. Another important thing is find out what books you need before your classes start so that you can buy/rent them and be at the least 2 chapters ahead of class. Doing this will help you stay ahead and make getting great grades easier. If you are going to get that XBox make sure you schedule in play time but only if you finish your homework. Do not, under any circumstances, conform to having average grades. You are the best and you can do anything you set your mind to. Your future self believes in you. I will be proud of you.

Cozette

Decide, commit, and you will succeed. You know what your passion is and where your heart lies. You don't have to be afraid to pursuit your dreams. Your abilities and determination will surprise even you. Make a plan and stick with it. Living your life is a wonderful thing, but there is a smaller window where your future may be optimally set up. There will be plenty of time to explore, but the adventure starts with dedicating yourself to education and all that it holds in store for you. Later, it gets harder. But the fight is worth it.

Upon entering college as a freshman, I not only brought along suitcases and boxes full of necessities and décor for my on-campus living, but I also carried many responsibilities from my home in Las Vegas, one of them being my long-distance boyfriend. After a couple months in, my ideal life wasn’t particularly going as expected. He and I fought almost every week over frivolous, meaningless matter, and in the meantime while he was out in Vegas, I was indoors in Salt Lake City. I never gave myself the chance to grow from my first-semester experiences, and therefore became more dependent instead of blossoming into the productive woman I so desired to become. If I could return to the past and tell my naïve freshman-self anything, it would be to grasp independency and growth as a college student, and to let the little things pass by instead of amplifying them into consequential battles. I realize that I viciously held on to various people and situations that I should’ve let grow into stronger bonds. Although I’ve learned from my past, it would’ve been in my best interest to learn earlier than later.

Katie

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself, “don’t be afraid”. When I was eighteen, I was afraid of distance. Moving away from my home town, seemed unbearable and terrifying. When I was nineteen I was afraid of time. A four year degree sounded like it would take forever. Here I am, ten years later, going for the same degree I was unsure about my senior year. All I keep thinking is, “I would have been a nurse for six years”. When I was twenty two, I was afraid of rejection. I put off applying for the nursing program because it was “competitive” and I feared I wouldn’t be accepted. There will always be something that causes hesitation or fear. Don’t let the fear stop you from becoming who you want to be.

Samue

I would tell myself that I should take more concurrent enrollment classes and Advanced Placement classes. If I could achieve an Associate Degree by the time I graduated it would have saved me a lot of time and money as I had to retake similar classes in college. On a similar note I would tell myself to explore career options to find out what I would like to study. I ended up switiching majors, which is quite common, but it lengthened my educational career. Lastly, I would tell myself to search harder for scholarships. Education is expensive and student loan debt can be daunting.

Cynthia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself to really think about my actions and put more attention on my future. I would tell myself that college is going to be a piece of cake, if you just give it your best. I would tell myself to really start having some good study habits because college is the real deal. I would tell myself to understand that college life is really different from high school life, in high school they're few people who put effort into their education while in college you're surrounded by people who motivate you, who have the same interest in becoming someone. I would also tell myself to really appreciate the fact that these past 12 years my education has been free unlike in college where classes and books cost money. On that note, the last thing I would like to tell myself would be that the college life is about really about being on your own for the first time.

Danica

Coming to college, I was nervous; the pressure of adjusting to new schedules and making new friends were weighing me down as I left for this new journey. Then there was what worried me the most, I was moving alone to Utah from California, where I had lived my whole life. Being young and adapted to my life in California, I was not sure what to expect in Utah. After a semester in new surroundings, I have so much I would tell myself as a high school senior. First, I would let myself know that moving to a different state is a wonderful experience. I never thought I would go to college outside of California, but I have had wonderful times and have grown so much here in just one semester! I would also say to take every opportunity for what it is, and become involved in everything I can. Along with striving to get into the nursing program, I am a member of the Utah Dance Team, and Pi Beta Phi sorority which has helped me immensely. From what I have experienced so far, I can't wait for what else my time in Utah has to offer!

Kathryn

I would tell myself to not get discouraged and to stick with seeking out different experiences and opportunities. I'm really glad I got involved with the band, the volunteer organization on campus, and the bible study group. I would tell myself to get involved sooner and take involvement more seriously. I would tell myself to take research more seriously and to not be afraid of getting an internship. Finally, I would tell myself to take the probability class!

Scott

If I were to give my High School self advice, I'd say that time is precious. I would tell myself that despite my uncertainty and fears about the direction of my life, I will only find my purpose if I go look for it. I would warn myself of the false sense of comfort and security that comes from believing that if I simply wait, purpose, love, wealth, and happiness will just come to me. I would urge myself to understand that I have the ability to actively shape both my present and my future - that I am not some Sea Sponge, able to merely exist - static and passive. I would call on myself to be acutely aware of the kind of life that I want to live, and to be the kind of man that knows how to take what he wants, because time is precious. On either side of this life lies an infinity of unknown and it would be grossly remiss of me to allow uncertainty, fear, and inaction to keep me from wringing every last drop from this existence that I know I have.

Tiana

I would tell myself that getting an "A" instead of just getting a passing score is extremely important to getting into an accredited university. It is also important in getting scholarships from the college to help pay for your tuition and books because college can be very expensive, especially if you get admitted into a private university or medical school. Getting good grades is also very important when it comes to getting a job using your degree because you have a better chance of getting hired over someone who got through school with a "C" average instead. I would also tell myself to focus on school more than paying attention to what other people think of you. As long as you are happy with yourself it shouldn't matter what others think. Not putting so much time in trying to please other people and worry what they think of you will make it easier for you to focus on your classwork instead.

Shaswat

My flawed thinking during adolescence was an error in itself, So here’s some advice I would give to my high school self. Only boring people get bored, apathy isn’t synonymous with cool, “Cool” kids are just labels and are usually a bunch of fools. No need to care for fitting in and hanging out with jocks, At the end of the game, the king and pawn go back in the same box. Talk to the girl you had a crush on and ask her on a date, Instead, you succumbed to your fear and ended with an empty fate. Why concerned about regrets when after couple of years, 95{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of faces disappear? Enjoy your time, be passionate and you’ll guarantees a wonderful career. Aimlessly staying up till dawn, you stated sleep was for the weak, Foolishly depriving yourself of rest, you trotted to class looking like an antique. To project a tough image, you disagreed frequently and looked for a fight, Teachers and parents aren’t always to blame, just realize you’re not always right. Remember your tendency to catch cold easily; so wear a sweater, Above all things, don’t stress, it does get better.

Dear Senior Sam, I know it's hard right now. I know your friends suck and your classes are hard and it seems like there will be no end to this high school misery. I know you want to give up and take the easy classes and hang with the easy friends. Don't. You have no idea what those classes will do for you. They will give you an incredible advantage in the years to come, and save you thousands (yes, I said thousands.) in tuition money. Keep working hard. Those good grades and high test scores are worth your weight in gold. SLEEP. You are literally throwing away money and time by not paying full attention in class. Meet people in those hard classes. They will push you to do better in everything, they will make you smile and you will have the best memories with them. Not the easy friends. But most of all, do what you know is right. You are strong and smart and your hard work is opening more opprotunities that you could ever imagine. Everything will be open to you, all the hard work will be and is worth it. You're ready.

This question is the number one thing that I have been answering to friends that are still in high school right now. If I went back in time, I would really sit myself down and lay down the basics on how to survive college. Just after 4 months of going to the University of Utah, I have learned that the two biggest things to focus on are learning to study effectively and networking. Sitting my high school senior self-down, I would first put a great emphasis on making sure that I apply to as many scholarships as possible. Second I would tell myself to really research and find the best way for me to study, not only effectively but also efficiently. Finally, I would tell myself that no matter what kind of sociable fear I may have that I have to get out there and meet people for networking purposes. The reason for this is, when finals week come to happen the best advantage that one has for studying is with a person that knows the subject. By getting involved and making sure that I find people such as this then I will have a better time through college.

I would have looked more into colleges junior and senior year instead of waiting until the last minute. I would also have told myself to apply to other schools outside of my comfort zone because by going out of state I was able to grow up and find myself without being around all my friends from high school. I would also have looked more into scholarships and finincal aid before the last minute and not having as much as I expected. I would also tell myself to be open minded about looking at and choosing a school and all of the oppertunites during orrientation and when you get there.

Erin

The best advice I could ever give to you, my former self, would be to write everything down! Now, I'm not talking just notes in class, but usernames, passwords, scholarships, websites, and important dates. All of these things are crucial to being able to get the financial aid for the future years to come. If you remember all the due dates for your fafsa or cal grant and keep up on checking your email, then you might be in better shape than you are today. You'll save yourself the stress and disappointment from your expectant family members who just expect you to do everything on your own. As long as you do these things and keep up your hard work and determination in each of your classes, I'm sure you'll be able to go exactly where you want to in a shorter amount of time than of me, your future self. Good luck to you.

sakia

Hey Sakia i just wanted to give you some tips and advice about making the transition from high school to college. Of course your high school diploma is a major part of the transition. You need to know that now its time to get serious. There is not going to be anyone there to make you go to your classes, thats going to be your decision. You may feel lost at first but you will get through it. make sure that all of your tuition and books are paid for. Its also very important to have your priorities inorder, know the new tv show is not more important then missing class. Its your job to study on your own. Do your best to pass all classes. I know you can do it. Your a very smart girl, Good Luck!

Jenna

When you first enter into college, begin with no expectations. Every individual college experience is entirely unique. Just let whatever happens happen. The best part of being independent is when you are able to go with the flow, even when there are rapids. My first semester I expected making friends quickly simply because I was living in the dorms, as it happened for me I didn’t end up making friends until I moved out of the dorms. That was a total reality check. The best times you will ever have is in the moment that you least expect it, and more often than not they happen when you make random life choices because you are willing to try something new!

Beau

Get started now, work hard, and don't procrastinate! There will be tons of time to enjoy the world, do what you need to now to make sure that you can.

Lindsey

As a high school senior, I was disinterested in school and unsure about what I wanted to do with my life. Although I was not excited about college, I applied because I didn’t know what else to do. After my first semester, the school placed me on academic warning for receiving a 1.7 GPA. I hardly ever went to class, and this was a fair representation of the lack of effort I had put in. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that it’s okay to be unsure about the future, but feelings of fear, anxiety, and confusion are no excuse to check out of school. Too many times outside factors similar to these prevent students from reaching their full academic potential. As a prospective teacher, I hope to instill the perseverance and self esteem in my students that I lacked my senior year of high school. I have come to conclude that education is an invaluable asset in today’s society. It empowers individuals to think, to question, and to pursue goals. I wish I had understood this my senior year of highschool, but am happy to now share it with others.

Angelyn

Angelyn:You’re 18 years old and have your whole life ahead of you. Your family will always be there, so don't be afraid to apply to schools away from home and actually go to one of them. Yes, you will miss them and they will miss you but it will be better for you in the long run. Learn how to be a little bit selfish for a change. Do what you want instead of what others prefer you to do. Don’t fall in love so fast. Focus on your grades and yes, going to class and doing homework is more important than making that party. There will always be another party, event, or concert to attend. Prepare yourself to, Angelyn; college is nothing like high school. Makeup work doesn’t exist nor does excuses, but studying is something you need to learn how to embrace…fast. Last minute studying won’t get you anything but a failing grade. If your high school adviser is not helpful ask the principal what to do about money for college. Loans are ok if that’s the only way to make college happen. With all that said… Good luck!

Nahomi

i would tell my highschool self to apply to as many schoalrships as possible, and to do it early because its a pain to find scholarships s o late in the year.

Charles

Take more college courses while in high school so you the cost is much less and you start after high school with an associate's degree. Take more community college general credits that will be accepted by a major univeristy so you pay less for general classes you don't really want to take. Then go to a major university to finish your majoy and get your degree but paying less. You'll save money and get a degree from a respected university. Start in high school to save money and time later.

Nahomi

I would tell myself to apply for scholarships as soon as possible because it is a pain to put it off and then later relizing you've missed all the deadlines, and it is very frustrating and depressing to think of a way how to pay for college when you don't have a scholarship.