University of Utah

« See more reviews of University of Utah

The one frustrating thing that I have felt at this school is, the fact that they do not have a masters in psychology, in which I am currently going to be getting at another school next year. Other than that, I loved attending Columbia College, and would reccommend it for anyone who needs a school with small class sizes, and flexible schedules for the working adult.

The tuition. It's not too much compared to Standford or Yale, but it's still a troublesome topic every semester, especially for me as my family and I barely make it in time for the tuition due date deadline. Financial aid says our family makes too much (which is not true) and scholarships never seem to want to help me.

If you have the habit of procrastination back in high school or whenever, stop and I mean really STOP procrastinating, because once you fallen behind it's really hard to catch up unless you are like those superkids who always never do their work and somehow they are able to maintain a really good grade.

The most frustrating thing about the U so far is the parking. It is an extremely large campus, and if you get an affordable parking pass, it puts you half mile to a mile away from any popular building. I don't remember having to walk this much at any of the other colleges I've attended.

The most frustrating thing about my school is probably the cost of living on campus. The cost is much higher then it would be to live off-campus, so while it is desireable to have a transition from home to being completely on your own, the price is very high.

Many students work full time to support themselves and the school is not fully up to par in accomidating for this. With this, it is hard to graduate in four years because students are not able to take full loads of classes due to having to work so much.

As a working adult, I would love to see more internet based classes. College is extemly expensive and being able to work and attend school online is essential. I wish the University of Utah offered more online classes.

The most frustrating thing about my school were the residancy requirements. I was forced to pay out-of-state tuition for the whole two years I attended, to make things worse out of state tuition here is expensive.

There is hardly any night life! There is, however, a Late Night Programming Board that creates events most Thurs-Sat evenings, but b/c this is a dry campus everyone moves off campus to party.

The most frustarating thing about my school is the freshman class sizes. I have a few classes that are 250 + students. I would prefer if there was a little more one on one with the teacher.