University of Utah

« See more reviews of University of Utah

One of the best things about my school, University of Utah, is its affiliation with the surrounding community. At this school, they are activly engaged in improving all circumstances including ecomomically , politically, and socially. I have never attended a school with such emphasis on research and development for the betterment of the community and humanity. Besides the involvement with its surrounding community, this university one of the largest employment agencies around providing assistance to many, and finds innovative and more effective ways to teach the public, thus improving the overall quality and efficency of its demographic.

The University of Utah is very research oriented and prestigious. There are many opportunities for undergraduates to get involved in their own personal research in a lab of their choice under the direction of a professor. These opportunities look great on future graduate school and job applications. Aside from academics, the University of Utah has many events all year round. Whether it is going to the football game versus the rival BYU, or to watch the top ranked gymnastics team, or even volunteering in Special Olympics, there are unlimited opportunities to get involved.

The best thing about the University of Utah is its friendly social environment. The professors and advisors always willing to take a moment to speak with their students about a new project or a budding problem emerging in the classroom. Students on campus are talkative and recptive to others' needs, and making friends is extremely easy at the U of U. It's rare to find a person with a negative attitude, and the social scene at the University is constant. There is always someone to meet and something to do, whether its through activist work, or attending a party.

I strictly go to school for academics. I am onto graduate school now, but my undergraduate degree at the University of Utah was a balance of campus life, my degree in English (so writing papers) and political debates I would attend. I loved the creative writing department. The teachers were very strict on guidelines, but I learned a lot from the vigor of the class. I liked how my papers were abstract and research at the same time. Papers in the English department really made me think outside the box and come up with original ideas. I loved my department.

There is a big variety in the classes offered, and enough professors that love teaching that it makes many of classes an absolute blast to be in. Professors that are interested both in the material and teaching make the material more engaging, and generally seems to lead to better grades because the students have an easier time paying attention. While it's not true of all professors, there are enough professors that put teaching above professing and that makes the environment on campus that much greater.

The relationships that professors work to develop with their students are one of the things that make our school great. Whether in a class of 300 or 8, students are always assured that they can contact their professor in several ways and that if they go to office hours the professor will be more than happy to sit down with them and help in any way possible. When working on extracurricular projects professors even take students out for bagels or bring donuts to the lab.

I love the involvement that everyone has at the University of Utah. There are always opportunities to reach out and do something more. The football games are very fun to go to and if you have the quick hand you can get into the games for free! I sincerely appreciate the availability and willingness to help of the teachers. Although class sizes are generally quite large, teachers take time outside of their lectures to help students understand better the material.

I think that the best thing about the University of Utah is its location in Salt Lake City. The city offers great recreational opportunities such as hiking trails, mountain biking trails, climbing, and world class skiing. There is also a free concert series in the summer and fall, along with a great farmers market. The city is a great attribute to the University that provides great opportunities to students.

Their community and school involvement. They take the time to encourage students to get involved in service opportunities. These opportunities give the students experience within different organizations that make a difference. The students themselves learn how to make a difference in other peoples lives. These types of services are what makes the world a better place.

It is constantly growing, and their are continual improvements. The administration really care, and there are unlimited opportunities for everyone to get involved and be successful both with their studies and for the future. I have gained so many experiences that have helped me outside of college. This is truly a great school for anyone looking for a great education!