Seattle, WA
University of Washington-Seattle Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Washington-Seattle Campus

University of Washington is hugely variable depending on what part of campus you live on, what your major is, who you associate with, et cetera, simply because it is such a huge campus with so many opportunities available. West Campus has very nice (but expensive) dorms that are less social; North Campus has less nice, less expensive dorms that are much more social; the Greek System is typically pretty nice (in terms of living conditions) for sororities, but less desirable for frats.

Hillary

The most beautiful place to be. The atmosphere is very professional. Everyone is there to gain knowledge and do what they love. The absolute best part is the Harry Potter Reading Room (Graduate Library). That place would inspire me to be like Hermione Granger.

Alisha

Overall, my experience here at the University of Washington has been very positive. There are so many organizations and clubs to be a part of, and everyone is accepting. It is nice how much of a diverse student body we have here on campus. Other than the great people, there are also so many different places to visit off campus. There is shopping entertainment, etc that is very easily accessible, either by bus or subway.

Katlyn

Overall, The University of Washington is one of the top schools in the country regarding, social life, academics, research, and on campus facilities. There are many opportunities for students, through internships, clubs, and on-campus jobs. However, improvements could still be made to class size and tuition cost. Luckily the University of Washington offers plenty of scholarships to minority students.

Billy

The UW Seattle Campus is a large school with many resources. I recommend going there if you have a clear idea of what you want to do and clear career goals. If not, then don't go there because it is easy to get lost in a campus as big as UW Seattle. STEM courses are particularly large and competitive.

Alex

While it may be a big campus, there are many opportunities for everyone to make a smaller community and find people who they can relate to. The opportunities that are offered at UW Seattle are boundless, and for the most part, people really care about you and wanting to see you succeed. On top of rigorous and challenging academics, the social capability at UW is vast, and can help you build a strong network wherever you go. For me, UW has been a place where I've seen my friends celebrate their success as they get closer to to achieving their dreams. It has become a place for students to achieve their passions and continue to dream on, and I couldn't be happier to have watched all of my friends, as well as myself grow throughout my years being here. I often find myself wanting to go to or just be around the University district, as I have fallen so deeply in love with the school. It is such a privilege to go to such a prestigious school, and I couldn't think of anywhere else to call my second home.

Thalya

Having lived in Washington all my life, I was one of those students who always praised UW as a great school but secretly hoped to go somewhere else for college. Due to financial considerations, I ended up at the UW and am so glad I did! Generally, the professors I've had have been very good at teaching; however, if I felt that a particular professor wasn't explaining something very well, I always felt comfortable attending their office hours. Additionally, TAs are generally helpful, and if not, there are a lot of study groups such as CLUE, the writing center at Odegaard, and the Math Study Center. All in all, there are a lot of academic programs that are meant to help students get caught up in class. Academically, UW is really top notch. Not only are there 100s of majors to choose from, but there are also many research opportunities in almost any field. Though some may prefer a small school, the large student body of UW really makes one feel like opportunities are limitless. If you're looking for a smaller community, however, I encourage you to apply to the Honors program which offers really interesting interdisciplinary classes that help make your education feel like a liberal arts education. The campus is absolutely beautiful and Seattle is a great city to live in. I will say, though, that the U District is not too safe at night, so be careful; however, the campus itself is safer. Overall, my experience has been great. If you are an in-state student, the tuition is going down! Don't ignore UW simply because it's close to home. It really is a world-class university with many opportunities to offer (many clubs, study abroad, research, etc.). The Seattle culture is really chill and generally students are really open to helping each other rather than being overly competitive.

Caryl
UW

UW

UW- Seattle is a pretty big campus in size and population so it may seem really intimidating especially for first year students. However, there are plenty of ways to make it feel smaller. There are a lot of clubs and programs to be involved in. The professors are always there to help you out. Classes are academically difficult so you do have to put in effort to pass. There are some easy classes out there that are fun to take. Overall, UW is a great campus with awesome people.

William
looking for enterance info for grandchild

A beautiful campus rather spread out but courses for a given major are in close proximity to each other.

looking for enterance info for grandchild

Ana

UW is such a diverse school that I didn't even know of any stereotypes when I first came in to the school.

Pre-requisite classes are very full and difficult to get in to (200-700 ppl), but once you are admitted into your department the classes get much smaller (30-60 ppl). The professor are full of knowledge and the TAs are almost always very helpful. Take advantage of the TAs and explore research options with professor you like.

University of Washington-Seattle Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.