Seattle, WA
University of Washington-Seattle Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Washington-Seattle Campus

My classmates are generally easy to talk to about topics like the Seahawks and school spirit while also being hard workers and willing to put in the time during class for things like group projects.

A person that is not OK with a large workload and working hard should not attend this school. It obviously depends on your choice of major in terms of how much work you will be doing, but regardless there will always be a heavy workload for students.

Evan

Football, computer science, lots of rain

Football, computer science, lots of rain

I would advise my eighteen year old self to take control of stress. Stress can be the spark that lights the fire of motivation. Or, the taunting devil on one’s shoulder. The difference is mentality. One cannot eliminate stress from their life; it is a fact of life. Applying to colleges, keeping up with classes, and being a competitive athlete was a good learning experience. I used stress as a motivator, and I am very happy with the result. I was a Division I athlete at University of Washington my freshman year, and now I focus full time on school and work. I should have been grateful for the opportunity, instead of fretting about possible rejection. Needless to say, I spent the remainder of my senior year stressing about getting into college, even after I sent in my applications. Complete. Waste. Of. Energy. I realize in hindsight that it distracted me from my classes, as well as robbing me from enjoying the fruits of my labor. I don’t have a time machine, so my only option is to implement this advice going forward. Stress can be an undermining force or a source of strength.

Gregory

It is difficult to know exactly what I would say to myself as a high school Senior because it took me 10 years after that to realize that higher education was a necesisity and something I would be successful in. I would tell myself to continue to work hard at the things that I am pasionate about and spend more effort in trying to make college and my studies a priority. I am grateful for my experiences but wish I had someone to cheer me on and tell me how important college would be to me one day. I would want my younger self to understand that college would give me opportinities to interface with people that can help me succeed in the career of my choice. The straight A students in high school are NOT the only students that will be successful in college. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication but it is aboslutely possible for you.. or myself to be successful in College. Just go for it!

Competitivenss within specific majors is extremely stressful so be sure to focus on what your goals are and what you want to study. Plan for options A, B, and C.

Giovanni

My classmates are not culturally diverse and have difficulty in understanding my perspective on certain topics due to their lack of exposure to those various cultures, but are eager to learn and be exposed to them in order to understand.

Don't be afraid of your own potential. Start a business. Tell her how you feel. Start longboarding. Stop adapting and just be who you are. Say no. Start a group on facebook for those coming to UW who go to high schools in the area to create a network.

I think that all kinds of people can and do attend the University of Washington. There are no exclusions except for those that the student places on herself/himself. Students who may experince more difficulty in adjusting however would be those who are not used to a very large campus population or city-like environment and those that have travelled a great distance to attend (international students, studenst from the east coast/south). The university is so large that there is something for everyone to make college life more adjustable and more satisfying.

Devin

The University of Washington is an outstanding University and home to many academic opportunities that lead to a bright future. My opinion is that anyone that doesn't go to UW is missing out on the opportunities presented on a daily basis. Each and everyday I am given opportunities to become the greatest "me".

The most popular student activities that take place at the University of Washington would have to be the football games during the fall and also the Dawg Daze events that happen at the beginning of the academic year. I say this because the football games are huge and it is a chance to come together with friends and also meet new friends and watch the Huskies win some PAC12 football! The Dawg Daze events are awesome and have a variety of activities to do! It is a week long celebration of coming to UW and there is a small carnival with the live Husky Band and also a live band that the university provides for the students. As well as the carnival there are tons of little games to play and also just a chance to get to know all the new Husky faces that are joining the Husky family. There are a tremendous amount of "groups" around the campus, ranging from ethnic groups to just your typical math group. No matter what there really isn't a true "popular" group and there certainly is not a popularity contest that goes on. If you like a group or club, then try it out and join it, if not then move on with your day.

The best way to describe the students at my school, would be human. Everyone is all apart of what the great Dalai Lama calls, the "global family". Everyone is happy and friendly and the community at the University of Washington is profoundly diverse and with that diversity it brings together the community and that also provides better insight to all situations.

The academics at my school are rather diverse. The classes can range from actual lectures to discussion classes, from studios to workshops. In general it is best to just find your interest and stick with those types of classes. I prefer to engage in my academic courses and discuss the material and readings at hand and also to design work withing studios and workshops.

Lindsey

Dear High School Self, Your mind is full of 'what ifs.' What if this isn't the best college for me? What if I'm not smart enough for college? I am here to tell you to stop. Stop stressing about the 'what ifs.' You worked hard to get to where you are today and you need to take a moment to be proud of yourself. Now, here are a few key things to remember to be successful in the transition to college. First, make sure to set goals that are for yourself and not anyone else. It is YOUR life, and you are the only person that knows what will make you happy. Secondly, push yourself outside your box. That can mean anything from participating in study abroad to trying rock climbing. Don't let your fears hold you back from things you may fall in love with. Finally, make sure to enjoy yourself. College is as much for personal growth as it is for academic growth. You will discover who you are in college, so don't get your nose too stuck in those books. Go out there and rock this whole college thing! Love, Future self

Very environmentally friendly.

Very expensive for out of state tuition and housing.

Treyton

My school is a prestigious university and sets students up to succeed.

My school is a prestigious university and sets students up to succeed.

I would tell myself to start saving a lot of money because college is really expensive. I would also tell myself to study harder and always do my own work instead of using a friend on some assignments.

I wish I knew how much free time I had. I probably would have gotten a job.

Drazen

If I could somehow communicate with my high school self, I would emphasize, more than anything, that I devote myself to my schoolwork. I thought I was a "smart" kid, who could maintain good grades with minimal work. Out of that mindset, awful habits develloped that really crippled my college career. UW demands much from its students, and that high school attitude would not prepare me at all for what was to come. That being said, there are many opportunities that will present themselves in college that are not at all as exciting as you might think them to be. Stay away from drugs. Above all else, say no to drugs. The mystery and danger they present might be alluring, but they are nowhere near as exciting as you expect them to be, and not at all worth the cost. Not only are they financially taxing, they place a physical and mental burden on you that is not only unnecessary but also extremely difficult to overcome. In the end, you won't feel any wiser or more experienced for having experimented with them. Certainly go out and make friends, but always ensure that school comes first.

The school's emphasis on tolerance and environmental responsibility really fosters a welcoming environment. Students can feel safe and welcome, as there is a very diverse community. Also, the campus and its surrounding areas are really well-maintained, not only because of the excellent faculty, but also because of the effort that goes into emphasizing the importance of minimizing one's impact on their environment.

Often times the professors design exams to have low averages, so even "doing well" on an exam still results in a fairly low score. Also, study materials for exams are often extremely limited, so most study material is limited to lectures, homework, and the textbook, which in most cases provide little preparation for the actual exams, which often demand extraneous knowledge. Also, courses are designed to be extremely difficult in order to keep the majors they're required for competitive, so it is frustrating to see years of hard work come to naught because of the high work load.

Mason

The University of Washington is a public research institution that values the growth and diversity of the students attending this commonly labeled "Public Ivy League."

After completing my Fall Quarter at the University of Washington, I flew home to my hometown, San Clemente. Visiting my high school and speaking with my high school friends, I gave them one important piece of advice. In high school I was always concerned with what people thought and how successful I would be. However, after being in college, I told my friends that none of that matters. The most important thing to do is to be yourself and do what you want to do. Ultimately you are in control and whatever you choose to do, you have the opportunity to be successful.

Waking up at 5:00am, students log on to the UW website and at exactly 6:00am the registration opens for students to secure a spot in their desired course, yet at 6:05am many students find themselves unable to get a spot.

University of Washington-Seattle Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.