University of Washington-Seattle Campus

« See more reviews of University of Washington-Seattle Campus

My school is known for its incredible graduate science departments. These departments do an incredible job of incorporating various research projects into the coursework. One example is the graduate chemistry department which contains several two million dollar HNMR machines and the students are performing cutting edge research in to the structural chemistry. Within these departments the medical school is the most widely known and well respected aspect of University of Washington. The quality of students and professors has propelled it to be one of the top medical schools in the nation. It is my goal to attend this excellent program.

The University of Washington is probably best know for its beautiful and large campus. Academically UW is also known to have an excellent medical program and having two of its own hospitals on campus. The university has strong programs in many other majors including a vast Engineering program, biology, and dentistry. Lastly the University of Washington is known to have an exceptional study abroad program sending students to numerous countries around the world. Students have the option to study abroad for the quarter, the year, or even two weeks during breaks allowing students to schedule what works best for them.

UW is well-known for its emphasis on research and academic rigor. Due to this, it draws many students for its nursing, business, and engineering programs. UW also has a passionate liberal agenda, which includes a strong emphasis on environmental sustainability, social justice issues, diversity, and study abroad. I had a wonderful study abroad exprience in Rome with the Creative Writing department. It was one of the best decisions I made in my undergrad. At times, I did feel that the arts and humanities were underfunded at UW, but I understood its research-based focus from the beginning.

The university of washington is best known for its medical and engineering sciences, and its business school. It has about 40,000 students on campus so it is always busy and crowded. The school seems to be mostly dominated by the greek system. Many students are stressed out and unhappy with their majors that they have chosen. Many feel pressured by parents and by the school system to get a certain degree. Often times to take the edge off of all the stress students resort to partying, drinking, playing video games, and watching television in their free time.

I believe the University of Washington is best known for it's pre-med and engineering programs. I know the pre-med program was recently ranked first in the nation by a prestigious scholarly journal, and attending UW is great for any engineering and computer science major due to being located in Seattle and the close relationships Microsoft keeps with the university. The school is also best known for basketball when considering athletics; Issaiah Washington is on the cover of some college basketball video game.

The University of Washingon is known for its beautiful campus (especially the cherry trees in the quad and the buildings that look like Hogwarts), as well as its highly regarded programs and large campus size. The UW is especially known for its well regarded and rigorous medical school. There is a ton of research that comes out of this university, so as a student, you will have easy access to great, relevant information and professors from all disciplines. It's a really great school!

The University of Washington is one of the best research univerisites in the Pacific Northwest, and I believe the entire West Coast. Excellent funding also means that scholarships and loans are available to many students. It is a big school, but the professors and TAs are attentive and extremely helpful, so large classes don't feel overwhelming. The size of the school means there is a wider variety of programs, opportunities, and classes offered. Also, the campus is beautiful.

Personally, I'm not aware of many campus-wide traditions, other than wearing purple on game days or for other special events. There is also a quarterly game of zombie tag that hundreds of students participate in, and you'll see kids running around campus with bright bandannas around their heads and arms, occasionally shooting each other with nerf bullets. Unofficial campus traditions include lounging or throwing a frisbee in the Quad on a sunny day.

My school is best known for its medical program, which is one of the best on the west coast, and its reputation has brought people from around the world just to be there and experience it for themselves. Our hosiptals are also training schools, and while providing a hands-on experience for students, it also allows low income families better care rates versus many clinics, especially for those who don't have medical insurance.

Its is the largest school in the state, its where everyone goes and its where all the money goes. UW is a premire research institution with a rich and culturaly diverse student body. It's where anyone can feel comfortable because there is honestly something for everyone, you just have to find. Which scared me alot because I have needed to be more proactive about my education, but I wouldn't have it any other way.