University of Washington-Seattle Campus

« See more reviews of University of Washington-Seattle Campus

I honestly don't think there are many stereotypes or categories you could fit the entire UW into. With over 40,000 students there are certainly countless different types of people with a wide variety of interests. While it is true that the university and its students tend to be very environmentally conscious, I wouldn't say that UW is teaming with be-dreaded, hemp-wearing hippies.

While a majority of students do return home on weekends, this is not necessarily a negative factor. I enjoy being able to take a 40 minute bus ride home and visiting with my family and friends from back home whenever I choose to return. The student population is not predominantly Asian. But the school is very diverse, which is something I value greatly.

I don't believe that the stuck up part is true, everyone is just very involved in their studies. I do agree with the frat/sorority stereotypes. I think that they party way too much, have fake bonds with each other and really are unsafe sometimes from what I have seen from personal experience. I have seen some very unsettling things within Greek row.

No, the University of Washington and its satellites are very competitve academically and employ professors at the top of their subjects. Satellite campuses have a greater focus on real-world situations and less theory. Many professors at the satellites' business schools are very accomplished, current and former, business professionals.

It is true that a lot of students are from the Seattle area, but thas because Washington is a public school. However you still meet a hude diversity of people from different states and even countries. Its also not true that most students get depressed during the winter there are many ways to counter the effects of the winter.

Somewhat. There is an overwhelming liberal presence on campus, but there are conservatives too. There is a large proportion of techies and hippies on the campus but there are students who are neither as well. Ya, last one is true, washington students drink a lot of coffee.

intelligence levels are mixed--not nearly up to expectations. Very liberal, socialists, and activists are all true. High grades is misleading--UW has a severe problem with artificial grade inflation, meaning that a 3.9 is probably closer to a 3.4 at another school.

To a point. We have a fair amount of students who are "nerdy" but the majority of students participate in many activities and are very active. As for the liberal stereotype, it is quite true although the republicans do try to make an impact once in a while...

I suppose so, since locally people are really impressed or in awe when I tell them I attend the University of Washington. I think people here regard UW students as "cream of the crop" and employers see us as "highly valuable assets" of great potential.

Largely true. There is an abundance of the aforementioned type and if you're vocal, being liberal is almost a requirement. But since the school is so large there really is someone that fits you somewhere on campus. It may take a while to find them.