University of Washington-Seattle Campus

« See more reviews of University of Washington-Seattle Campus

When talking about the University of Washington, I often discuss the academics. The professors in the departments are leaders in their respective fields. My majors? departments employs several professors who are world-renown. Also, several departments are world-famous, including the medical, engineering, and business departments. Another aspect I believe separates the University of Washington from any other university is the scenery of majestic Mt. Rainier, the beautiful Cascade Mountains to the east, the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound to the west, and the site of the skyscrapers of downtown Seattle, all can be seen from the stunning campus.

My school has succesfully accomplished in doing what other universities still strive toward: peaceful diversity, strong education, and providing a plethora of opportunities for students to discover themselves in whichever way pleases them. What pleases me the most is the fact that class sizes range from 30, 150, 200, 400, and even 700. And to accommodate for the larger classes and their "impersonal environments", UW provides required "quiz sections"; much smaller classes of 30-40 students to help clarify topics covered in the lectures. This helps turn a rather large and frightening university into a much smaller and accommodating school.

Everything about the University of Washington is exceptional. The energy of the school moves within the students and professors; they are what drive the motivations and goals. Thousands of courses are available, with expert professors to conduct the material. Being a language major, and having always loved language and learning, I am personally delighted with the range of material covered in the Spanish and English majors. I frequently "educate" my friends about what I am learning. There are so many facets of information, as well as the diversity and entertainment, which keep the college exciting and educational. It is perfect!

We are a university nationally and internationally recognized for attracting students with outstanding academic achievements; we've even been considered one of the "public ivys." Also brag-worthy is our location in inarguably of the US's best cities--we have Seattle nightlife minutes away, Mt. Rainier, the Puget Sound and Lake Washington in our backyard and are situated in a vibrant community full of boutiques, coffee shops, bars, restaurants and bookstores. Our sports are D-I, we have a large Greek prescense and students know how to work hard and play hard. UW has something for everyone!

The University of Washington-Seattle Campus is such a beautiful campus. In the Winter, snow covers the campus in a light layer of white snow; many compare the campus in the winter to "Hogwarts in the winter" from the "Harry Potter" movies. In the Spring, the campus bursts with color from the blooming flowers, and the wonderful cherry blossoms that bloom around the quad. The beauty of the campus sets such a wonderful learning, relaxing, and calming environment. The University of Washington-Seattle Campus is such a great campus and I highly recomend it to all who are interested.

I brag about two things, first are the professors. Whether they be funny, engaging, challenging, or unorthidox I have found that the UW is great at selecting who becomes a professor/TA. People always get jelous when they hear you ranting about how great your professors are because a great professor makes a world of a difference in your learning. Secondly, i brag about how beautiful the campus is because we have stellar architecture, great views (including Mt. Rainier), and pink budded trees that bloom 3 times a year that line the main path.

Going to the University of Washington (Seattle Campus) has not only given me a world class edcuation (particularly in the sciences), but has also allowed me to have an awesome social life as a member of a sorority. I feel so prepared to go to dental school next year, but am sad to leave UW. Seattle is such a great place to go to school with great parks, restaurants, beaches, and shopping all within 10 minutes of campus. Attending UW sports events (especially football and basketball) have also been some of the most memorable college experiences.

The University of Washington is a premiere research insitution. The UW is ranked #1 with the most funding for research, over both Harvard and John Hopkins. Because of this, the faculty at UW are the experts in their respective fields and the students of such a renown faculty get the benefit of a world-class education as well as opportunity to participate with cutting-edge research. The large size of UW is also an advantage when a student can make a smaller community out of the many opportunities that a larger community can offer.

The thing I brag about most when talking about my school is that I can do everything online. I have the freedom to work on homework or tests during the morning, noon, or night depending on my work and personal schedule. It gives me the flexibility to continue working full time while advancing my education. So far it has been a great success and it has really worked great as far as scheduling. All of the classes are designed to give you freedom to work at your own pace, so if you want to finish early, you can.

Enroll into the EFS so you can get to know campus and you get to know the dorms. Attend the home football games. They are a lot of fun and the crowd gets really load and supportive. Declare a major, especially if you are a Washington State resident. Even though "rushing" was an extremely intense experience, the Greek system is another good way to meet and to get to know people, so worth checking out. I love being at a big school in a big city, like Seattle. This is the kinda of college I always wanted to attend.