University of Washington-Seattle Campus

« See more reviews of University of Washington-Seattle Campus

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Seattle, in general and particularly the University District, is seen as a bunch of granola eating, liberal hippies. As such, University students are expected to be seen eating organic foods and drinking fair trade coffee, while wearing their sandals and riding their long-boards across campus.

I haven't heard any stereotypes about UW students, though I have heard that we are considered to be attending a highly school. The business school is among the top in the nation, so it was a great accomplishment to gain admission into the school.

The University of Washington is too laid back. Students are too laid back to really care about achieving. The University of Washington satellite campuses are not as good as the Seattle campus.

Seattle is a very liberal city, however, and as such its inhabitants and students at the UW are often considered to be hippies or nature freaks, wearing Birkenstocks and toting picket signs.

A ton of Asians who are always in the Library and ruining class curves. Also, our campus is by far the best in the states. Take one walk through it and you'll fall in love.

Some stereotypes of Washington are that the school is made up of mostly students from Seattle, and that most students get depressed during the winterbecause of the weather.

A few of my friends at other colleges in Washington said that people believe that UW students return home every weekend, and the student population is predominantly Asian.

For some reason, I don't know why, but when people come to college, it seems like they have a tendency to become emos.. They like to try new things. Party? Drinking?

Some think UW is overwhelming because of it's size and also because so many classes are HUGE. Also, some think that everyone takes 5 or more years to graduate.

Washington students have a pretty good rep when it comes to acadamic standards. It seems to be considered where all the top students that remain in state head.