University of Washington-Seattle Campus

« See more reviews of University of Washington-Seattle Campus

It rains. A lot. So bring a rain jacket. And don't wear flip-flops when it rains because you will fall every time you try to talk on the bricks. And there are a lot of bricks at UW. School pride is really huge. Everyone loves to sport the purple and gold. Even if we don't always win.... The city of Seattle is awesome. There are a million different districts, so you're bound to find an area you love. U District is all about the young college kids, you can go downtown to shop or eat good food, or head to Capital Hill to have an experience you're sure to remember...

Since I lived in Seattle most of my life, UW was considered as my safety school. However, after my first year at UW - meeting new people in the dorms, spending my nights studying in the beautiful Suzallo Library, running around in Drumheller Fountain, this place became my second home. Even though the campus is enormous, confusing, and filled with thousands of students everyday, I've created a small family within a large community. Sure, the rain does get to me sometimes. But once spring and summer comes along, UW is the most beautiful place to be.

I could not have chosen a better school for me! The University of Washington has the quintessential campus and a wonderful faculty to boot. Though this school is in the midst of a big city, it is tucked away inside its own district, which makes the sense of community at this school very strong. This is a very large campus with upwards of 40,000 students, but its very easy to get involved in something and find ways to make that number seem much smaller. This school has immense pride - there are always students sporting Husky gear.

The campus is wonderful - the architecture and the landscaping. There is something for absolutely everyone, and if there isn't, it's really easy to make a new group! It's in Seattle, which is a big city, so you kind of don't get that "college town" feeling, but the U-district area is definitely very fun and unique. It's a very research oriented school, so anyone interested in science related majors, this is the place for you! The humanities and arts programs are very strong as well, but we are mainly known for our research.

It's a large, public university in a diverse college town. You'll get a full-scope college experience at UW and have the opportunity to be exposed to best practices. I'll never forget my Early Fall Start (EFS) experience. EFS provides freshmen with the opportunity to come to college 1 month early and take 1 class--it's a GREAT way to make long-lasting friends and get acclimated to a new campus environment (especially for those out-of-staters like myself). I met my best friend during EFS!

The school is beautiful. There is many opportunities to learn a lot and make the absolute most of your education. The people are a lot of fun, and there are lots of parties if you're looking for them. I work a lot, as well as go to school full time, and there are lots of job opportunities in and around campus. I believe there is a lot of school pride. People wear school colors al the time, and there are lots of activities that build pride and are fun. It's an overall great school.

UW is HUGE!! But it's nice because you get away from all the high school drama. It seems as though the smaller the school, the more like high school it is. UW has about 40,000 students, but you end up finding a little community that you fit into. The one thing I would change is the diversity. There are only about 4% Latinos...and even less Blacks, Pacific Islanders, and Native Americans. We could use a little more color on campus :)

I think that the UW can be too large if you don't participate in any groups. IMA teams, clubs, classes, and the greek system make a huge campus seem much smaller than it really is. These are great ways to get to know people, but because UW is such a big school, there are always new people and opportunities. Also, when I say that I go to UW people think of the Husky pride and most people see the U as a great academic school.

There are so many opportunities at the UW. The classes are structured in a way that even though you are in a course with hundreds of students you still feel like you can get one-on-one time with professors and teacher's assistants. There is a lot of pride here and it's great to be a Dawg! There is a lot of diversity and I really enjoy it.

My friends, teachers, memories, and experiences at the UW have made it as much of a new home to me as my original hometown from across the state. After almost four years, the campus has a familiar and friendly feeling, and the young, modern city of Seattle around us provides an appropriate environment.