University of Washington-Seattle Campus

« See more reviews of University of Washington-Seattle Campus

I had a great time at this school, however, I feel like the classes were too big for me. I was fine with the large community, but didn't like how it translated into the classrooms. The culture is very diverse, which was enjoyable, and it helped me meet a lot of different people. For me, it was a great venue because it was so close to home, yet far enough away from my parents. I was an athlete, and sometimes athletes are not treated with the utmost respect. The athletes and the regular student body are normally separated from each other, which takes away from the interaction between them.

The typical stereotype at UW is that a majority of our student body is Asian. Although we have a large Asian population (some people estimate about 30%), we have a very diverse population of students and interests to meet everyone's needs. Another stereotype is that everyone at UW is a "typical Seattleite" - organic, environmentally-conscious, "granola". Once again, this is just an overrepresentation of one section of our student body. UW is, however, one of the leading "green" campuses in the nation and places an institutional emphasis on sustainability and promotion of the environment.

I never care about the big picture. Well, I'm a grad student, so you get the gist (grad students only care about their research projects and what their advisors think of their productivity). However, I can as much say that regular UW students seem to care a lot about the UW American football team. To the contrary, I hate it whenever our American football team plays at home, mostly because of the resulting traffic jam. I hate it when I have to suffer a consequence of something that I don't care about. Call me selfist, but that's just who I am.

Most people don't realize that Washington is a great academic school, especially for a public university. The school is made up of a large number of Seattle natives and also a large number of out of state students, including me. The campus is pretty big, but easy to navigate with the use of a map if you don't know where you're going. Washington has good school pride, but not so much that its overwelming. The campus offers a diverse selection of activities, from clubs to the waterfront to the study abroad program.

The campus is very beautiful. The spring in the Quad is gorgeous. People are all outside. Lots of outdoor activities. The school is large and can sometimes be hard to meet people. Getting involved in student organizations is the best way to meet people. UW has a great reputation and many graduates are sought after. I spend most time at the Balmer Commons or my sorority. Suzzalo Reading Room is a beautiful room. Not as much school pride as the rival across the state, WSU.

Its beautiful and the people are nice. Most cities are largely ghetto, Seattle not so much. School is large i like it. UDUB has good name in the community. Even though its very popular and not terribly hard to get into, it has a stellar reputation, public ivy. Frequent complaints by tourists that there is never good weather. Especially out of towners who come for orientation in June on a sunny day and expect there to be continuity in terms of weather for the rest of the year.

The University of Washington Tacoma branch is just right, close to home, and easy to maneuver around. It truly is the best option. I spend most of my time on campus in the classroom or studying in the student lounge. The only problem I've had with the education I have received here is the misinformation we were all told at the beginning of the program: that we would have a master's degree in one year. A few months into the program we found out it would take a second year.

You may not realize it when you first are a student here but the UW is one of the best colleges in the country. Not only that but it is a rediculiously good deal if you are an in state student. There is no doubt that the school is big but from my experience that just prepares you better for the world. You aren't in your own little shell, you experience many things in a short amount of time and learn so much without even realizing it.

UW is a huge school with a huge campus right in the heart of seattle, which means there are tons of people to meet and you never run out of things to do. UW is an extremely good school, so everyone who gets in is happy to be here. UW's dorms aren't the best in my opinion, but your experience completely depends on the people around you and what you make of it. Overall, most people love it here and are proud to go here.

I couldn't have asked for more in a college. The campus is amazing and never gets old. The walks to class are a bit long, but walking keeps off those freshman 15 and the scenary is just breathtaking. From the detailed architecture to the view of Lake Washington the location could not be better. Students are always involved and there are endless amounts of activites for student recreation and entertainment.