University of Washington-Seattle Campus

« See more reviews of University of Washington-Seattle Campus

Individuals who dislike living in an urban setting would most likely find themselves disliking the close proximity to downtown of the University of Washington. Additionally, the school has over 40,000 students, meaning that classes can contain over 500 students in many cases! Thus, the University of Washington may not be a suitable school for students looking for smaller schools and smaller classes. Lastly, with such large classes, competition between students tends to get intense as the term progresses, as many students are aiming to get higher grades than others. This competition may be a detractor for some prospective students.

Although a beautiful campus, University of Washington Seattle is in the midst of a temperate rainforest. If you are not from the northern United States, there is a possibility of experiencing slight depression until you are acclimated to the dark and stormy winter months. This should be considered if your mood is heavily influenced on your surrounding atmosphere. Also, UW is a large campus, which has its pros and cons. If you are easily overwhelmed by large class sizes during your first couple of years, you may consider another school which is smaller and outside of a major city.

I think that all kinds of people can and do attend the University of Washington. There are no exclusions except for those that the student places on herself/himself. Students who may experince more difficulty in adjusting however would be those who are not used to a very large campus population or city-like environment and those that have travelled a great distance to attend (international students, studenst from the east coast/south). The university is so large that there is something for everyone to make college life more adjustable and more satisfying.

I believe that people who are to dependent on others to succeed will find it difficult to be successful at the University of Washington. Also, I believe that if you are unable to handle large classes and distant relationships with one's professor/teacher, the University of Washington is not for you. If you are too shy, it may be difficult for you to be involved and make new friends simply because there are so many students here at the University of Washington that you may have to make your way out of your comfort zone in order to succeed.

Thats a joke, school is for any one and everyone wanting to not only further their knowelge about the universe but also learn more about themselves. In this day and age countless students including my self and my friends struggle at time with self image and confidance. The university of washington is helping he push those concepts to the limit, and every day I learn and grow more and I better prepared for the next days challenge . Therefore this school is not a good fit for people not wanting to challenge themselves and learn.

The University of Washington is large enough that no matter who you are, there will always be something that will cater to you. The only type of people I would say shouldn't attend this school are those who are not ambitious and don't intend to work during college. Although there is a great social scene, every student must always keep in mind the fact that we are here for the education, and not just to have fun. It think that studets here are very accepting and no matter who you are, you will always have a place.

Someone that prefers a small campus with few students in each class would not like this university. You should not attend the University of Washington if you have a problem with rain or horrid weather. Seattle is known to have cloudy weather 10 months out of the year and many people become depressed. Students that do not like to work with others should not attend this school either because the university is huge, and there is lots of group work that is required in order to be academically successful.

People who come looking for an easy, partying school. This school presents so much opportunites to the students and should not be taken lightly. It is a privilege to attend this university, not a right or something to be taken for granted. You must be willing to put in effort to your academics and become part of the campus community. The academics are challenging and will test you and have you re-examine your personal beliefs and you if you are not interested, you should not attend this school.

People who like to recognize most of their fellow students as they spend time on campus should avoid the University of Washington, since it has such a huge student body. It is located in a big city, so students who seek a small-town feel and tight-knit student body should not attend UW. Students can form close groups within departments, clubs, etc, but if someone hopes to recognize most of the campus population, similar to their high school experience, UW will not provide that.

Freshman year at this school leaves much opportunity for students to figure out what it is they want to do with both their time in and outside college. There are many great programs that the University of Washington offers to freshman to ease their way into the college life and campus. However, it becomes extremely difficult after the first year. Not knowing what you want to do will make it hard to graduate on time. Also, the weather is not for the light of heart.