University of Washington-Seattle Campus

« See more reviews of University of Washington-Seattle Campus

What's the Greek scene like?

My experience with the Greek system is limited. I have never been part of a sorority and have made the conscious decision not to attend any of the Greek parties. I lived with a few other students in a house near the Greek area and often heard loud parties through the night every week. Some of the Greek students certainly fit the stereotypes, but not all; from my interaction with other students, I have gained the impression that some of the fraternities/sororities highly promote academics, and that all of them provide a tight sense of community.

The Greek scene compromises about 10% of the student body. If you want to go Greek, it's an amazing opportunity and experience, but you don't have to to meet people. I am currently a greek student and it has been an amazing experience. I have met so many cool people, have lots of connections, and live in a really awesome house! The events and leadership positions that I've gotten to do because I went greek have been awesome and I have never once regretted my decision.