University of Washington-Seattle Campus

« See more reviews of University of Washington-Seattle Campus

The University of Washington is a school of approximately 27,000 undergraduate students. While campus can feel like a dizzying experience with hundreds of new faces daily, there are scores of opportunities out there for those students. For an individual, that means that there is almost always an outlet for the most varied projects, activities and classes. For example, the University has an undergraduate research program which connects undergrad students to research projects. This quarter I've been working with a professor in the management department. It is a rare quality in research universities which should be taken advantage of.

Being such a large institution, the University of Washington allows students to explore many options in order to choose the appropriate major for every individual, while providing an extremely challenging curriculum. The vast amount of class choices allows all students to pursue their interests and learn about numerous subjects to become a well rounded college graduate. Hands-on, internships, mentoring, and group discussions lend to this style of obtaining applicable knowledge that is valuable in a future workplace. It creates a win-win situation for professors and students to help everyone become the best citizen possible.

The most impressive aspect of the University of Washington is the volume of extracirricular opportunities, internships, jobs, and athletics. College is more than just quality education; if one does not make the effort to get fully involved in activities in every possible way, one is wasting time at the University. The University of Washington accommodates the self-motivated, active student by having a multitude of available career-oriented jobs and internships. The university?s ability to do this comes in part from its large size, but also from excellent faculty who know how to write grants and fund research.

The laid back social atmosphere is ideal. You arent pressured into anything you dont want to do, but there are tons of options availabel regardless of what you are into. Also, the school's attempts at becoming as "green" as possible are impressive. We have all bio-degradeable utensils/cups/napkins/and to-go containers and the school is considering placing solar panels on the soon to be constructed football stadium. The education is top in the nation in numerous areas of study, and regardless of major, you are taught by high ranking individuals in their fields.

Something that I really consider to be the best thing about the University of Washington is the amount of racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity I see everywhere around me. To me, this makes going to school a very enriching experience because I come from a small town that is mostly Caucasian, and being here in Seattle was a change that I welcomed warmly. It is a very educational experience as well, to see people from all sorts of backgrounds, with a multitude of ideas, come together as peers, and I feel lke that is something that our society really needs.

The best aspect of the University of Washington was also its worst. I loved being on a campus of over 70,000 students. The resources and activities that come out of such a number of diverse and creative minds is extremely easy to engage; and there is a plethora of academic and extra-curricular opportunities which can do wonders for your resume. Secondly, the University of Washington is on the quarter system which often times feels like you are running a 100mph through your education- often leaving you with the feeling it's over before it has begun.

The best thing about my school is that its large size has only benefited me and never posed any ill effects. Being a large school there are many different opportunities whether it be class wise or major wise. I knew going into college that it was likely I would change majors and being at a school like UW has really opened me up to so many different possible career paths that I would not have considered otherwise. Also while many classes are large, weekly quiz sections and office hours allow you to develop a closer relationship with professors and TAs.

University of Washington is a very well accredited school with lots of options to offer, and experiences to give. It offers challenging, high standard curriculum so an easy grade is definitely not usual. If you are ready to put in the effort, if you are here to learn and go far in life, if you like to challenge yourself and reach your potential, then this campus is meant for you. There's strong competition among students, but thats where you can test your potential and push yourself to your best. If I had to choose this school again, I would.

The best thing about my school would be the infinite amount of free resources in and around campus. The companies that are conveniently located within walking distance and a short commute are valuable assets to have as they help out with our networking possibilites and help us figure out what we would like to do in the nearby future. Having so many businesses around helps the economy as well and helps us figure out what we would like to do because of the diversity of the ideas and opinions of people around.

What I think is the best thing about my school is all the people. There are always new people to meet and different things to do. There are so many different people and along with that, different perspectives and ideas to learn about. There are all sorts of clubs, athletics, fraternities and sororities and campus activities to be involved in so I feel like there is always something to do. The location goes along with people in that Seattle is really diverse and really has a lot to offer. I love it here!