University of Washington-Tacoma Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Washington-Tacoma Campus

Jane

This campus is very welcoming. There are many services to help support your journey on campus, including mental health support. They provide two libraries, a writing center, a couple of computer labs, and more. There is free printing so you don't have to worry about that. There are many food options along the edges of campus if you like to eat at school. There is a market that offers healthy choices and drinks as well.

Mykayla

This campus is unique because of its renovated buildings from old local businesses. This downtown feeling campus is well lit and always provides a safe space for those in need of one. I highly recommend this campus for its exceptional inclusion of all types of people and its small class sizes that help students to further their knowledge.

Chuqian

In University of Washington Tacoma, students were able to see things in different perspectives. Critical thinking was highly encouraged in all classes. School was pretty diverse in a way that all the students were feeling some sort of belonging in this community.

I love the small class size, and I've only had amazing professors that are extremely helpful and available both during office hours and via email. Living either on or off campus is expensive, but it's nice having a full apartment instead of just a single dorm room. The campus is beautiful despite the rain that happens during most of the year, and there's a lot of little shops and places to eat really close to campus. Overall I've had a great experience so far.

Rema

I am pleased with the school, the academic opportunities, instructors. Parking is easy and I am learning a lot.

Joseph

My overall opinion is that it is an awesome college because it has great extracurricular activities and clubs to join. It has wonderful restaurants around it. The professors are great and always have regular office hours. In comparison to the UW campus in Seattle, the classroom sizes are way smaller. It also has a great gymn. Overall this a great campus.

Katherine

I think UWT is a good school for those students who want to be in smaller classes with a smaller campus, but still hope to get the college experience. However, the safety of the campus is not as good as it could be and the parking situation is less than ideal.

Anna

I love that it is local. I do not live on campus because I live near by. I love that it is a lot less expensive than the Seattle campus. The Tacoma campus is wonderful. I love the small classes and good teachers. The students are very nice and friendly.

Gabi

I really enjoy being a part of the UW Tacoma Family. As I have noted in my review, there is only one bad thing about UWT. We do not have campus food per se provided by the school because we lack a cafeteria that most schools have, but we do have a student-developed program called the Pantry for students who are struggling with securing their next meal. However, the best part about UWT are the class sizes. In my two years of attending, my classes have ranged from 20 students - 45 students, yet my teachers have earned their credentials from prestigious schools like MIT, Berkeley, and even Johns Hopkins. Unlike a big school, your teachers get to know you on a personal level and genuinely want to watch you succeed. I never expected that I would have had such a great experience from a school that's regarded as a commuter school, but I am very happy that I decided to commit to UWT over two years ago. Overall, I am proud to be part of the UWT family.

Kari

I love it! The architecture is amazing! People are always so friendly and helpful. You can always see Campus Security patrolling at all hours. A smaller campus; everything is within walking distance and accessible even for someone like me who wears an orthotic device. Professors are encouraging, willing to help outside of class. Lots of little quiet spaces to study. Everyone gets pumped over the Huskies and the Glass Art Museum and Workshop is very close by.

Doan

I feel like the school is great and that there are alot of excellent professors who are there to help students out. The small class size makes it easy to concentrate in class and where students can easily ask the professors questions. The campus is very small also. The school is close to my home, which makes commuting to school easy.

Kayln

I am going to be a transfer student this upcoming year and have not yet attended school here yet. However, I did go on a tour of the campus and it was a very beautiful campus and it felt very inviting. I am very excited to attend this school and further my education.

Tamera

The moment I stepped on the campus at UWT I felt like I belonged here. People are really helpful and encouraging. I love it here. I feel the classes are challenging enough to learn and the instructors are fair and helpful. They have plenty of resources like a food bank and clinic.

Vanessa

It is a good school, with a good campus. It values education, and encourages students to pursue their dreams.

Katie

I really enjoy the University of Washington-Tacoma Campus, because there are many benefits from attending a smaller college, as opposed to the Seattle Campus, which is significantly larger than this one. There are small class sizes, the largest one I have been in felt practically the same size as my high school classroom. The small class sizes are important because they allow for more interaction between both the student-teacher relationships, and student-student relationships. They also allow for more time for questions because there are not too many students to ask them, and professors can give more in-depth explanations. The smaller campus is also easier to navigate, and harder to get lost. However, in the event of getting lost, there are many signs, and friendly faces that will help you. The only thing that is less beneficial to the student is that due to the smaller campus, and student population, there are less opportunities, in academics and extra-curricular activities. Considering the small amount of people compared to larger campuses like the Seattle one, the Tacoma campus has a good number of groups and events that students are able to participate in. Overall, my experience and opinion of the University of Washington- Tacoma Campus is very positive.

Dane

I have yet to be enrolled in any classes, but will be starting in the Fall. However, family friends of mine are professors at the school and have been so helpful with the enrollment process. I also live very close to the campus and have already known for so long that this was the school for me.

Zhaira Wincy

My overall opinion of UWT is that the atmosphere is really friendly, I love meeting the people here and enjoying the activities that they have here. I do have a problem with parking and how there's only a limited amount of spaces to park at in the campus. It's a hassle trying to find parking whenever I come in for my classes, and commuting to campus isn't really much of an option considering it would take me 2-3 hours to commute to here. Other than the issue of parking on campus, I love the events that they hold here and I love the cute little shops in Pac Ave. So far I've enjoyed my first year here in UWT, and I hope I can continue to like this campus and that they would fix the issues of parking.

Areli

University of Washington-Tacoma Campus is a great university to study at! One of the best places to get your undergrad degree. The campus is small, so you won't get lost it also has amazing views. There are shops, museums, and restaurants close by. It's an urban university located in downtown Tacoma. The faculty there is amazing and will support you along your path of education. Class size is key at a university and at this university faculty know you by your name. Transportation is easily accessible just right in front of the school you have access to public transportation. The university is very diverse, so you will meet a lot of new and exciting people who will be your new friends. Finally, at this university you know you will get the education you need, plus you will have a great time!

Abigail

I think that my University is an all-inclusive place to learn and explore our academic futures. The security and emergency stations are always open in case of an issue. We are well protected and listened too. The University of Washington-Tacoma Campus provides equal opportunities to all students and really encourages everyone to get involved. The class sizes are smaller which allows for more one on one time with professors and other staff members. All of the faculty members are there for the students and prioritize making everyone feel welcome.

Athena

Small and open campus, small classes, overall good experience.

Desire'

Overall I love the University of Washington- Tacoma! They have many events that inform students about what types of clubs or events they can get involved in, which is very helpful to incoming freshmen. I have also noticed a lot of the professors reiterate that information in a not so annoying push over type of way which is a very nice change from my high school experience.

I love my school. It's definitely not your stereotypicaly "college experience" but it's a great campus for those who take their education seriously and don't mind foregoing the party aspect of college. The biggest draw back to this satellite college in my opinion is the severely lacking parking and affordable parking options in addition to housing for out of state students.

Katia

My overall opinion of UWT is that it is a great school, and that there's nothing dull about this campus. There is so much to do around campus, whether that be joining a club or simply strolling downtown on your downtime. You also never really have to worry about your safety because campus security is always around and they can help you in an instant.

Raivyn

University of Washington-Tacoma is a great campus. The staff offer a lot of help and it is affordable. I also like how there are activities I can do while I’m on break and it’s surrounding in the suburban area. One thing I am quite wary about is it seems like an open campus and anyone can walk on campus from outside of Tacoma or even walk through the campus.