University of West Georgia Top Questions

Seth

The best thing about the University of West Georgia is the Multicultural Achievement Program (MAP) Mentoring Program that they offer for incoming minority students. All freshmen are assisgned an upperclass mentor who helps with the transition into college life, including meeting new academic expectations, becoming involved on campus and feeling connected to this new living environment. They are there to answer questions or concerns , direct the student accordingly, and engage students in the intellectual, social, and cultural dimensions of learning, while challenging them to develop the skills and sense of responsibility needed to become successful college students.

Great community of students.

The best thing about my school is the resources available. By resources I mean the extra help that can be applied to my education. We have a tutoring center, a writing center etc. These resources so far have helped me tremendously in comprehending the task that I am given in my various courses. The writing center has helped me develop more concrete essays and tutoring has help contribute to my exceeding test score in Astronomy, a class that I struggled in before I received the extra help.

I believe the best thing about my school is size of the campus. Even though it is constantly growing, the size of the campus is very comfortable for most students. It is neither large nor small but gives students time to take a nice stroll to or from any location and take in the scenery while conducting conversation. The campus provides an opportunity to see friends and stop for a quick chat while en route to class. Although this may be a small characteristic of the campus, it can make a world of difference in anyone's day.

Derrick

The bset thing about my school is the social events.

Jerica

The best thing about the University of West Georgia is the amount of student involvement activities. There is hardly a dull moment here. Even the staff gets envolved with the students, so it is a very welcoming community! I absolutely love it here!

Sierra

The best thing about my school is the resources they provide for students. I feel this way because the school has all kinds of tutoring sessions and mentors to help with every academic course.

Ayisha

The best thing about my school is the friendliness and the variety of organizations on campus. Everyone of all ages, ethnicities, and regardless of what year you graduate is able to join different groups. Most of the time there are organization fairs and many other events taking place to help people get involved around campus and make friends. Other than that, the staff around campus is always helpful and the vibe given off is always a positive. The University of West Georgia is really a breath of fresh air.

The best thing about my school for me is that it was close to my home. Because of this I could commute to school everyday and not have to leave my friends and family.

mayowa

I will consider the teachers the best teachers ever. The teachers are realy nice ad they want to help you no matter what. They alwasys make sure that their students understand a topic before they move to the nex topic.

Katrina

What I consider the best at Univesity of West Georgia, is the small town feel. Everyone is really friendly and everything is really close enough that you don't need a car to get around. The school is not too far from the square so its a very easy walk over. The classes are challening but at very convent times of the day and week. I would strongly recommend this college to anyone. The price of everything is very cheap compared to other schools.

It was conveniently located in relation to where I lived at the time. It has nice grounds and nice buildings/facilities. It's a smaller school. I learned a lot there, though I've since gone on to much larger, better, and more competitive universities.

The best thing about the University of West Georgia is that it is small enough to allow personal attention between you and your proffessor. Meaning, that you can schedule help, drop by the office, or call up your treacher if you have a question. UWG is also large enough to provide its students with adequate research sources. Another good thing about this school is that it is a very beautiful campus, I love walking to classes instead of taking the bus, it's a great way to excersize! In short, I love UWG and I know you will to!

Jameson

The teachers are there for you.

Kris

The honors program is definitely the best thing about the University of West Georgia. I can convert most regular classes to honors classes by writing a term paper or doing something else extra. Honors students get first choice of classes, so I always get the classes I want. People tend to label UWG a "mediocre" college, but the honors program allows students to get an equal or better education than many more respected schools.

Anissa

The best thing about my school is the diversity. I love the fact that this school is just black and white, or just racially dominated but one race. We have so many ethinicties here at West Georgia. This can give people the chance to meet new people and discover different foods, talents, and daily work another person from a different ethnicity goes through.

Ambria

The diversity at my school would have to be one of the best details about my school.

Sohelia

The best thing about my school is its location. It is an hour away from atlanta. So, if you are the kind of student who needs to focus then it is far away from the crazy nightlife of atlanta yet close enough to enjoy it on weekends.

Krystal

There is so many things too pick from but I would have to say that the library is the best thing on campus. I am not saying this so that I look smart but becasue the library building is one of the oldest building on campus. The special thing about this old building is how it is able to adapt to changes of technology.

My school offers all the high-level classes I need for my chosen career but in a small-town, local setting. The beautiful, woodsy campus is far more comfortable for me than the two larger universities in nearby Atlanta. The combination of convenience and great academic options works very well for me.

There are two things that i love about my school. One is that it is very diverse. There are different races here and it does not feel like there is a lot of one race. There are also people here from different backgrounds and differen environments. When I say different environments, I mean where they grew up; from bad neighborhoods to wealthy neighborhoods. Another thing that I have experienced so far is that the teachers and the whole staff is very friendly. A student can go to just about anyone here and be able to ask for help when needed.

Duran

The best thing about the University of West Georgia is its diversity. It is wonderful to be able to study with such a broad spectrum of people. The university already offers a splendid educational track for undergraduates and graduates alike, but when that is combined with the awesome assortment of people that you get to know, from professors to students, it can change the way we see the world. Instead of seeing the world as random shades of people doing their own thing, at UWG, we see the world as one world, where we come together to better ourselves.

jonathan

Teachers and staff

N/A

chaitra

the friendly people is the best thing about west ga. it makes the atmosphere a better.

The best thing about the University of West Georgia are the over-whelming opperunites to get involved on campus, even if you were not involved in high school West Georgia has something that will catch anybodies attention wheather it is a fraternity, club or organization.

The best thing at my school would be the people they are so friendly.

Jane

The smaller class sizes and that is about it.

Kerri

what d you condider the best thing about your school. . . . my education

LaShunda

West Georgia taught me a lot about myself, there I became a woman. I learn to value things that I took for granted. I grew to appreciate life and what it had to offer and the meaning of an opportunity. For this, I'll be forever grateful.

I love the location because its not too much or too little.

Kristy

The only thing I considered to be the best on campus, is the religious activities, such as the choirs and bible study. Mainly because I like to sing. West Georgia was not my first choice of college to attend. They totally messed up my GPA status!

Kim

The gym.

Every one from the President down to lower level profs teach class.. So the top people in the school and still connected to the students and campus.

The best thing about my University is that it is very diverse! The faculty is great! They are always willing to help and they do an awesome job at it! Another thing I love is the campus, everything is accessible and the campus is a good size and always kept up and neat! There are so many other great things I can say but those are probably the best.

Gary

The best thing about the school is that it is just far enough from home for me to be on my own and just close enough that im not stranded.

Joette

The overall size of the Univeristy is good. The campus size is good for walking to classes.