University of Wisconsin Colleges Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Wisconsin Colleges

Allison

I have not formed an opinion yet. I start my first class in June.

University of Wisconsin Colleges is a good school. The campus as well as the class sizes are small which make the professors easily accessible. On top of that, the tuition is a lot cheaper than most colleges in the area which is incredibly helpful as well!

Noah

My time at UW Rock County was well worth it. I received an associate degree for completing my generals, which is something I would not have been able to obtain if I had gone right to a 4-year college. I only owe about the cost of one year at a 4-year UW campus for two whole years at UW Colleges campus. Living at home and commuting allowed me to save a lot. My problems with the University of Wisconsin Colleges are; that I was screwed over because of the financials being in Madison, meaning, I received $1250 in scholarships which was then subtracted from the $1415 in subsidized loans that I could take. So, I got $165 in subsidized loans my first year, $82.50 a semester and the rest were unsubsidized, so it is already accruing interest. So technically UW Colleges owe me approximately $1400 ($1250+accrued interest). And, after two years and 62 credits plus a cumulative GPA of 3.4, my degree was denied three weeks after my academic appeal was granted. I had to file an academic appeal for one natural science credit because I had 7 out of the 8 needed credits. The UW Colleges Solutions Center eventually fixed that issue. Other than the UW Colleges system mishaps, attending a 2-year campus and the transferring to a 4-year was one of the best financial and academic decisions I have made thus far.

Jenier

University of Wisconsin Colleges is basically all of the colleges, I actually go to University of Wisconsin-Baraboo/ Sauk County. This summer I took an online class which is UW colleges. There overall rating is pretty good. Teachers are nice and helpful. Most of the teacher actually care.

Nicholas

Hats, Gloves, Pride and Confidence; Bring the first and acquire the latter. My Wisconsin college, UW-Baraboo/Sauk County, inspires warmth and enthusiasm even in the coldest months. Glow and grow in Wisconsin, where nothing can freeze our fieriness for education!

Haley

The University of Wisconsin College is wonderful. The class sizes are not to large, which gives each students a personalized experience. Professors all seem very knowledgeable and make lots of time to provide help to students that need it. I would highly recommend it for students first starting off to college, as well as students returning to college as adult learners.

Asia

The class sizes are relatively small, about 30 or less, and the campus is well-kept. Almost all of my teachers were really great at being available outside of class hours, whether that was via stated office hours, emails or phone calls, or scheduled appointments.

Heather

I started my journey as a returning adult student. I had been out of school for six years already and the idea of going to school was overwhelming. The staff, students, and especially the professors, have made the transition back to student life much less stressful. I know I have support whenever I need it here and that makes me feel great about it. I'm happy I made the choice to go back to school, and even happier with my choice of University of Wisconsin Colleges.

Miranda

Chill. Wisconsin Colleges a great place to be for students who do not quite know what degree they want to pursue because there is no pressure to pick a major and the classes cover generals that transfer to any UW school. Tuition at Wisconsin Colleges is also cheaper then other UW schools, and class size is small which offers more one on one attention from professors.

AMANDA

It is a very nice transition for any students who graduated from a small town high school with decent class sizes and wonderful professors who care about their students. The campus is fairly small but that makes it easy to get around without getting lost. The food isn't so great but being at a community college is convenient in that aspect so that students can stop at home between classes for their meals.

Aina

University of Wisconsin Colleges are a wonderful choice for incoming freshmen. There are multiple campuses offered close to home so you can get in the college grind without spending too much money. It is a reasonable option for those who cannot afford their dream schools yet, cannot decide on a major, or need to pass general education requirements. My campus has encouraged me to be diligent in academics and find my own opportunities to advance in my career. The professors are empathetic and encouraging because they know students who go to these community colleges are struggling with something personal or financial at the moment. Furthermore, transferring to another college is simple and there are many resources which can help you. I highly recommend starting at these small schools when you begin your college career.

Ava

I love the environment, students live at home as it is a two-year institution, which creates a student population that is actually at school to learn, and not for he parties.

The University of Wisconsin Colleges is the perfect university for all types of students. The small size of the campuses give each campus a homey feeling, making it easy for students to get involved and find the niche. The University of Wisconsin Colleges also has highly credible professors and excellent faculty.

Katrina

Overall the campus is rather small and quality but I wish there were more activities and more things to get students involved. Sleeping, studying and watching Netflix seems to be a common theme amongst us here. There are sports but they are all volunteer and often times it’s hard to maintain it since we are not d-1.

Miranda

University of Wisconsin Colleges are great schools to attend! The teachers and other students are always friendly and they have great information! If you still want a small school feel but with a great education, any of the University of Wisconsin Colleges would be a great fit.

Matthew

The main hing I like about UW-Washington County is the price. In such difficult economic times it's hard to find things that are both affordable and worth your time, and I think UWWC - along with other UW Campuses - meet those criteria. For such a low price, students can expect quality education - and quality friendships - to help them succeed in life.

Natalie

Great place to get to know your professors and have small class sizes! The professors really pay attention and are always available during office hours or appointments! The only downsides are that if you are from out of town, there is no housing provided on campus. Other than that, I have no complaints about my experience here!

Adam

It nice because the classes are smaller so you can get to know your professor better and can easily set up times to meet with them. Also the range of classes is also extremely high for the size of the school. There are plenty of ways to get help around the campus if your professor is not immediately available.

Rafe

The UW Colleges, specifically UW Fox Valley is a commuter campus. The students are friendly, the faculty are very accessible. I see my professors walking around campus each and every day. The class sizes are small, and the academics are rigorous. The UW Colleges are a great option for students who want to start their degree inexpensively.

Amy

My overall opinion of the University is it a lot bigger than high school. I planed on intending it because of it closer to home and I get the education done faster. There is a variety of choice of class you can choose from. I think the University is going to be awesome than high school. I don't have to worry much at home since I'm able to leave whenever I want. The University also has a great scene where you can enjoy. By the way, its also right next door of marathon park, which I can always just go over and have a small panic. The awesome part is shopping at the mall is also close. I would say the location where the University is a great choice.

Alex

The University of Wisconsin Colleges is dedicated to providing its students with exceptional education and educational resources. The professors want their students to succeed, and a considerable amount of academic opportunities are available to students. I am content with the University of Wisconsin Colleges, and I believe that because of it I am prepared to take on the world and live a successful life.

Gabrielle

Well I attend University of Wisconsin- Washington County (Slowing becoming University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee at the Washington County location) is located in West Bend and it's very local and small. I started in September and I have been amazed by this school. The classes are not too big, I think my largest is my Animal Biology class with 36 students. My professors are very helpful and understanding of my disability. I see flyers every where for everything. The only thing I am down about is The Bistro On The Hill Cafe has been open for breakfast or lunch and I don't think they are going to open it. For being a freshman I would like to experience it. The Art Gallery is amazing, I love walking past the courtyard. Just everything here is well set up and I'm glad I chose this school.

Anna

I attended UW-Sheboygan, a small two-year college, and found the experience memorable and enjoyable. Classes were diverse and well ordered; teachers were passionate and always available to students. The campus was up to date, clean and quite safe. My overall opinion is very good, and I would recommend the school to freshmen.

I can only speak to the Green Bay campus. Every encounter I have had with the office and admissions staff has been above extraordinary. I would highly recommend the Green Bay campus. Any and all questions that I asked have been completely answered. The staff true cares about their students.

KENDRIANNA

I attend University of Wisconsin Green bay and I honestly love it. I love my professors, the friends I've made, my dorm and just the campus all around. I love the fact that all of my professors care about my success and wellbeing's. Also I love the fact that we have underground tunnels that gets us to class so we dint have to walk outside in the cold. Everyone I've encountered on campus has been so sweet. Everyone ne is so nice, welcoming, and caring. Whenever I'm walking through the halls people will look at me smile and say hello. Getting greeted by someone you don't know can sometimes tend to make your day a little brighter. Lastly, I love the fact I have my own private bathroom in my dorm.

Adam

I currently go to UWGB and my experience has been amazing. I am a 41 year old returning student and everyone, from the staff to the students, have been extremely helpful! The campus is a little outdated but the upkeep is stellar. There is plenty to do on campus as well as the local art theater, the Weidner Center. Highly recommend this college for those looking for a small town feeling of belonging.

Beck

Honestly, UWM-WC sucks. The teachers are great, however, since UWM took over the staff is unhappy, tuition has gone up, and the website is almost impossible to navigate. The academic advisors can't count credits and aren't very nice. If I could give this school zero stars, I totally would. They don't even deserve one and a half.