University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Wisconsin-Green Bay

So glad I transferred! The dorms may have there downsides but they are way better then some other campuses. Class sizes are pretty decent, and are fairly easy to get into. Professors are even willing to help you get into one of there classes with just an email being sent to them!

Lyssa

Great school and great professors!

Bethany

I first attended a two year school and then transfered to the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. I am about to finish my first year at UW Green Bay and I have loved every minute of it. The students here all have the same goal, and that is to achieve excellence both inside and outside of the classroom while supporting our fellow students. Students are always supporting eachother whether or not it is peer tutoring, studying together, showing up to sporting events or even performances of the arts. This school also goes above and beyond when it comes to events being hosted. In my one year at this school I've attended concerts, late night arts and crafts, fitness activities, and so much more. There is something for everyone, no matter what they are interested in. This school truely feels like a home away from home for me and I could not imagine a better place for me to continue my education.

Valerie

Well I go to school online and with my experiences so far I haven't had too much of a problem. Everyone has been very nice and helpful. If I run into a problem It is easy to contact my professors to help me through it. Other students have been very helpful and encouraging when I get discouraged with my studies. My academic adviser has been very helpful in helping me choose the right classes that would benefit me as I work toward my major.

UW-Green Bay is an amazing school overall. Academic experience so far has been exceptional. You get out of it what you put in. Professors are there to help, but do not coddle the students. The campus has an underrated beauty. Walking to class everyday is always great. The buildings are nice and clean, and the dorms are comfortable, especially with every room having its own bathroom. There are some amazing resources here on campus. The library is exceptional. The food is not amazing for picky eaters, but it has a good amount available for most parts of the day. The community feeling is really great. The school is in a city, but it doesn't feel like that unless you leave campus. The school is not incredibly social though. For some people this is great, but for some it can get boring on the weekends. Overall, it is a great school, but not meant for the extremely social and outgoing individuals. But, the main reason to go to college is for the education, and the classes and professors here are truly great and exceptional.

Faith

I love UWGB! The class sizes are small and the professors want nothing more than to help you in any way they can. There is always something to do on campus or in the city. Everyone here so friendly and supportive; its a big city with a small town feel. I always feel safe on campus.

Mallory

Great school, but not much of a party school. If you're looking for frat parties every night of the week, this is definitely the wrong school for you. There is a strong focus on getting involved in different organizations, and people are so friendly! My best advice is to get involved in an organization you love and see where it takes you!

Brea

I absolutely love UWGB. This was a school I decided to come to at the very last minute, but I've never regretted it. Living on campus is like a dream. It's perfect because the campus is away from the hustle and the bustle of a city atmosphere, but everything you could possibly need is in the vicinity whether it's food, clothes, or just general things. I also enjoy the class sizes a lot since a majority are pretty small, except for the ones that are for gen ed classes. The professors will always make time for their students and take the time to get to know them. I've always been impressed by this. The students are also very involved on campus, especially with orgs and sports. I personally play in the UWGB Pep band for both of our basketball teams and it has given me so many opportunities. I love this school and definitely plan on staying here for the rest of my college career.

Savannah

Academics - A+ Professors are nice, but do expect you to do your work well and on time, as they should. PSA THEATRE MAJORS! Professors in the theatre department are very ind and go out of their way to know the students names, be on a first name basis with students, have a personal relationship with students, and be available to help students with class work and work on shows they are involved with outside of the university. Housing - A+ Housing is fabulous. Freshman dorms have private bathrooms in each room (Yay no community bathrooms/showers!) and the rest of campus housing is apartment style the house up to four students of the same gender. Buildings are co-ed. Dining - B The food is better than what is at most campuses, but it's not like mom's food. They make a good effort to list calories and have a station with food prepared in a glutton free, dairy free environment for those with sever allergies. Weekends - B I'm not a very outgoing, party girl, so weekend events aren't a big deal to me. However, if you're a social butterfly you may want to bring a car or buy a bus pass so you can make it into the city. (You may be able to get a free bus pass from the school) The school does make an effort to have fun, clean events that are either free or inexpensive for students. Every weekend they have a movie playing in the campus theatre for something like $5. Usually a newer release.

Brooke

UWGB is a campus where everyone not only feels welcome, but also feels wanted. Ever since I first stepped on campus, I knew it was somewhere I could be safe and secure, especially being so far from home. All the Professors are incredibly dedicated to their students and want to reach out and help students in anyways possible. The school is just large enough to feel like a college but small enough to where you could know everyone if you tried. The staff is dedicated to helping students grow and learn and try new things. Overall, Green Bay is the perfect school if you're looking to make a second family.

Brooke

I love being a student at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay! Something that is often talked about are the 4 "T's" of UW-Green Bay, and these are my favorite things. The first T stands for trees and this is due to UW- Green Bay's location. It is close enough to downtown for convenience, yet still secluded in its own scenic area with plenty of trees and wildlife. The next stands for toilets and this is because each dorm at UW-Green Bay has it's own bathroom, which includes a toilet and shower. This is a great addition to the dorms that helps students feel comfortable. The next stands for teachers and this is because UW-Green Bay has a reputation of having amazing and helpful professors. I have personally had positive experiences with my professors that really show me how much they value my education. The last T is my personal favorite and it stands for tunnels. This is due to the tunnel system that allows students to get to and from any building on campus, excluding the dorms, without having to go outside! This is very helpful in Wisconsin's cold winter days and snow storms. All in all, I am loving my time at UW-Green Bay. The professors and students are very friendly and I can't wait to see what the rest of my years bring!

Elisee

University of wisonsin Green Bay is a really enjoyable place to study. I would recommend it to any graduate high school student or transfer student. People are very sociable and the enviroment is just wonderful. I am student here only since 1 year but I feel like I lived here my entire life. I just hope that I'm not the only one who think like that.

Hunter

I am going to be attending this school come fall, and I really love what I have seen and hear so far. I love everything about this school and can't wait for my classes to start up next fall. The student housing is really great and affordable. There is so much room and they are great places to sit back and study. I think that my favorite part of the Campus is the library. The library is very nice, and there are individual study room s that you can use and the teachers encourage students to come to them and ask questions whenever they need to.

Jamie

After attending UW Green Bay for a semester, I have found that I do not enjoy the school as much as I would have hoped to. The school is very isolated with very little activities to do. Unless you are involved in athletics, there is not much for students to do. Weekends are extremely quite at UWGB. Most people go home or to other schools. Overall, Green Bay is a great school for some but there are many other great schools out there for others.

Michaela

I really love UWGB and all it has to offer. There are a few things I wish they would offer such as better meal plans and opportunities sometimes the food isn't always great or there isn't enough varieties. Another thing I wish they had would be more Majors that they would have but I don't think our school has the funding for that.

Overall a safe environment. There is good access to learning devices and the class sizes are great. It's easy to learn. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of places around the campus. Driving is necessary if anyone wants to go out to eat or live off-campus.

Julie

UWGB has a great campus culture. I live off campus but come to campus for some events, office hours and to meet with advisers. When I do purchase food on campus, it is decent. Additionally, the academic programs offered both on campus and online are very helpful for nontraditional students to complete his/her degree.

Theresa

The first time I stepped on campus my senior year of high school, I knew I was going to end up at UWGB. My excitement of attending school at this university has yet to diminish. Campus life is exciting as there is always something to do; basketball games, UWGB Nites, musicians, games, and a movie theater. The classes are interesting and compelling, while the professors truly care for their students. The part of campus that really drew me in was how welcoming everyone was, and that has not changed at all. Doors are always held open for you and you constantly hear thankyou's being said. The University of Green Bay is a great school that continues to be as amazing as it was the first day.

Moriah

I love going to University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. The people are very friendly and always have a smile on their faces. People around campus always seem happy. People are always willing to help you out when you need something. Not just the employees but the students are really helpful.

Kassidie

I love the University of Wisconsin Green Bay. Do I wish that they went about certain things involving student life differently, yes, but unfortunately that is not always the case? I think that professors are amazing and are extremely dedicated to what they do. Housing on campus can be rough sometimes but I love my room and my roommate all the same. I think that walking to class really sucks sometimes because it is so cold but there is not much that can be done about that I realize. The food is not good and I always end up with a random plate of all different kinds of foods because if it doesn't look good or fresh I will not eat it. Lastly, parking is the worst thing in the world. Coming home late on Monday nights from my job at Kohls, there is never any space in the lot near my dorm and that also applies to the one that is not as close to my dorm. Due to this, I am forced to park in a lot known as the studio arts parking lot and find the closest parking spot there and walk for at least 30-35 minutes to get to my dorm in the dark, alone. Sometimes the lights don't always turn on at night and it is really scary when that happens and that is the only time I feel scared or in danger on campus.

Teanna

It is a safe campus with great housing. The class sizes have a good student to professor ratio. All professors are required to keep office hours so most of them are accessible. The food is sub-par. The campus is located pretty far outside of downtown so you have to drive at least 20 minutes to get anywhere.

I take classes through UWGB's Adult Degree program. It allows me to pursue my education while working full time, which is essential. Because of this, I have a non-traditional view of campus. However, my professors have been wonderful and completely accessible. I am fortunate enough to live in Green Bay, and the campus facilities are wonderful. I am happy with my experience.

Charrey

I studied there for a year but am now transferring. The programs weren't the best. There's no football team, it seems as though there aren't really that many sports, the Theatre department is lacking, but apparently people like the Accounting program. It's a good school but it's definitely not a favorite.

Riley

Great college to go to, it will get you the education that you need with outstanding staff members!! There are hundreds of student organizations to be in and many different ways to get involved. The exercise facility of the Kress Center is phenomenal and a great place to do whatever you want. Overall, the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is a great college to attend and I would recommend to anyone who wants to be successful in life.

Desiree

UWGB is fantastic. It is in a quiet neighborhood right on the lake. It is not too far from anything you could want or need. Being outside a big city, there are always things to do. Campus puts on activities almost everyday. Class sizes are like 60 or less. Not a huge party scene but you can always find one on the weekends.

Daniel

As the University of Wisconsin - Manitowoc was absorbed by the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay, I feel that UWGB is a great place to transfer to and I always hear great things about it! I am excited for finally transferring to the actually campus rather than being at a campus that branches off of UWGB.

Jackie

Overall I am extremely happy with my first year experience at UW-Green Bay. There are plenty of different groups and organizations for you to join, and many ways for students to become involved. They have University Nights which include fun games and activities for the students. The food in the cafeteria is sometimes questionable, but the other dining places on campus have great burgers and chicken tenders. The library is huge and from the eighth floor you can see Lambeau Field.

I love campus. Coming from a smaller community college I was on edge transferring to a university. Campus is beautiful. There are paths all around campus that let you expire nature and take a break from academics. Class sizes aren’t too big or small. The academic advisors are very helpful if you have any questions about what classes you need yet to fulfill your degree requirements. All of the academic buildings are connect through underground tunnels, so no need to get wet from the rain or freeze during the winter.

Bryanna

I believe that the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an amazing school if you are just trying to focus on your school work. A lot of the facilities on campus are updated and the on campus housing has individual bathrooms in each dorm room which is one of the main reasons why I chose the college. The major issue I had with this particular university is that there is not much to do. The school tries to have events on campus but not anymore than other universities. Also it feels as if I am in the middle of nowhere. There is only a gas station and a subway that is relatively close. If you are trying to go to the actual city of Green Bay, that is roughly fifteen minutes away from campus. Not many people take the bus, a lot of students drive or are commuter students. So if a student attends the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and does not bring a car, the overall experience may not be as positive as which the student was expecting.

Brooke

It’s a very nice college to start at, especially if you plan to continue past a 4 year period. Currently I am on a branch campus, there is always hot food available at the cafeteria, and the bathrooms all have hand dryers instead of paper toweling. The professors are all accessible and very nice, and the students are inclusive and friendly