Madison, WI
University of Wisconsin-Madison

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Madison

Kathleen

I believe that while attending this school, it is hard not to immerse yourself in the prideful atmosphere. This school has so much pride within its culture, sports and academics. The coursework is definitely rigorous and I can tell that many students are being pushed to their limits and out of their comfort zones in and out of the classroom. This university is amazing and offers so many opportunities to its students.

Michaela

Overall, I think that the University of Wisconsin-Madison is a great place to get an education. I love feeling like you are a part of something bigger, whether it’s the sports teams or a political organization that you’re involved in on campus. There are so many opportunities! With over 600 student organizations on campus it is possible to find any sort of group you’re looking for, which helps students find what they’re passionate about and also helps you from feeling insignificant on such a large campus. In addition to other ways to get involved, I think it’s important to highlight the incredible academics and resources available on campus which really should be the reason you should choose to come here. I couldn’t be happier with my choice of school and I hope you come visit Madison, WI to see for yourself how amazing it is!

nicole

I love Madison. It has very quickly grown to be my home away from home. There is always something fun to do either on campus or in the city! The city breathes good energy and has a magical vibe, especially at night! Winters are cold, but with a good coat and a good pair of boots the 20 min walk to class becomes a little more bearable. Everyone I have met has been very nice and warm-hearted. Your college experience really depends on how you approach it, with an open mind and a positive outlook it is easy to be able to call UW-Madison "home" and the friends I have made there my family.

Mackenzie
The U-Dub

The U-Dub

Honestly, I can't say enough about the University of Madison. Coming from a smaller place, I absolutely love the bigger city atmosphere. I normally don't see the same person twice in one day, and I have met some of the best people here. Also, the sports here are huge, how can you not want to be a badger? I would definitely recommend this campus to anyone who is looking for a diverse, and full of life environment. There is always something to do, someone to meet, and some place to discover. The boundaries are endless at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Danielle
Badger for Life

Love it here. Chose to move to Madison on a whim, and don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon.

Badger for Life

Rebecca
UW Madison Alumni Review

I loved my time at the UW.

UW Madison Alumni Review

I loved my time at the UW.

Claire
What are the most popular classes offered?

What are the most popular classes offered?

I have not started my freshman year yet but I can tell by reading the posts of entering fellow freshmen that biology and bio chemistry are among the most popular classes. Many students are pre-med so they are aiming for biology related courses.

Felicia

I found the University of Wisconsin - Madison to offer a variety of specialized and challenging courses which were aimed at advancing ones personal growth. As a student of the art department, I gained a broad technical background as well as specific and concise knowledge both in and out of my field. The program challenged me to push the capabilites of materials, to think conceptually, and, ultimately, set me up with the tools and knowlege necessary to continue the pusuit of my MFA at an increasingly challenging university.

I had many classmates at the University of WIsonsin - Madison, some of which I didn't know at all and others who I became incredibly close with over my time there. Classmates who I did build relationships with have become lasting friends. They advise me in my work and also comfort me in my times of need. They are there for me at the best of times and happy for my successes and help me through my failures. My classmates form Madison are without a doubt some of the most supportive and inspirational people I know.

I would tell myself some simple and obvious things if I could go back in time to give myself advice. I would tell myself to be brave. Transitioning is hard, and still to this day can be hard no matter how many times I do it, but it's important to know that the transition is much easier when you open yourself up to it. Don't come too full of grand expectations, just live through each moment and take each opportunity as it comes and make the most of it. Don't doubt yourself. Trust your instinct and your own sense of direction in order to guide you, and most importantly do what you love. Don't waste a day of your life doing something miserable. Chase every one of your dreams because it's worth it.

Andrew

The advice I would give my high school self would be to enjoy being around my family, apply for as many scholarships as you can, and enjoy every moment you're given with your closest friends. Going away to college, I found myself missing not only my immediate family, but my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and everyone else in my family. I would tell my senior self to cherish our family reunions because you'll see those family members even less now that you're going to be in college. Next, apply for as many scholarships as you can becuase college is so expensive. Scholarships will help lessen the burden on you and your parents. Lastly, I would tell myself to cherish every moment I have with my friends because unfortunately, life gets in the way and you will naturally grow apart from your friends. You will make new friends, and your friends will make new friends, but it is important to never forget who went through childhood with.

Before I came to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, I wish I would have known how to prepare for exams. As a high school student, one is not expected to study as hard for tests. In high school, I had a perfect GPA and never had to study. In college, I literally had to teach myself how to study and it was something that was new to me and demanded a lot of time and effort if I wanted to achieve good grades.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of money I have to pay. I am an out-of-state student and I pay 3 times as much money as an in-state student. It frustrates me that I have to pay more money to attend a world-renown university but pay more money simply because I live out of state.

Caitlin

UW Madison is unique because despite being such a big school and big campus, the sense of community and belonging is definitely present.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to never sell myself short. I would say that while finishing out senior year on a good note is important, the most important thing is focusing on setting up a bright future for yourself through applying to colleges and scholarships early. I would encourage myself to fully take advantage of every service offered to aid me in the process of transitioning from high school to college, be it through my high school, potential university, or an outside party. Most importantly, I would tell myself to enjoy every minute of this process and to put in as much effort as possible, because it is a key turning point in every person's life and deserves lots of care. Work hard and enjoy it all, and at the end take it all in and go where you feel you belong--in the end, that is the place of education that you will gain the most from.

The only bad thing I can think of about my school is how cold it gets during the winter, but students are provided bus passes anyway, which really helps when getting to class in negative temperatures.

University of Wisconsin-Madison administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.