Madison, WI
University of Wisconsin-Madison

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Madison

Sara

UW-Madison was the greatest college experience ever!

UW-Madison was the greatest college experience ever!

My classmates were motivated, diligent, and extremely fun!

Take as many AP (advanced placement) classes as possible! They aren't hard if you work hard and bringing all those college credits with you is a huge plus! It's a great background to getting started and sets you up for any career direction you plan to had in. You will have delevoped great study skills for college course, making your freshman year easier! I took three AP classes in highschool, but in hind sight, I wish I would have taken them all!

Smart, considerate, and intense, but in a good way.

Smart, considerate, and intense, but in a good way.

It's not just a school, but an experience.

Rachel, You think you know a lot, but you really do not. Remember this as you go through your first semester. Constantly pay attention to everything going on around you, as it will pay future dividends. You are a smart person but college will show you what failure is all about. You have never failed at anything, but you will in college. The key is to learn from your failures and move on. Failure makes you a better person. Failure will get you to take tougher courses, or courses that you have no clue about the curriculum. College is going to round you out girl! You will not come back home after the first year as the little coddled suburban girl, but someone who is a little tougher, a little stronger, and a lot more confident! Welcome to the stage of your life where it all really starts to come together! You will succeed and you will love every minute of this exciting stage of life! Go Rachel! Go Badgers!

Wilder

I would love to be able to tell myself that it's important to give yourself time to be a novice at certain things. Jumping into new things that you're interested in is a big part of college, but it's impossible to do that when you expect to be good at everything the first time around. The same principle applies to finding friends. Leaving high school, you are used to having an immediate social support network with people who you've known for a long time. In college, you have to give people time to show who they are, and let that relationship develop.

I wish that I had known that success at this university requires a lot of initiative. This school will give a person everything that they need, it's just a matter of seeking it out. The opportunities at the University of Wisconsin are unlimited, but one has to be very active in working on them.

The kind of person who should attend this school is self-motivated, disciplined, and extroverted.

Jonathan

UW Madison is a well known and accomplished college that excels in the sciences and is known for giving back to the community by creating leaders and scholars that envoke change in the world.

Students at UW Madison are well known for doing volunteer work, creating extra-curriculars, achieving academically, and just being accepting to everyone in general.

I would tell myself to learn how to study better. Though it seems like a very common theme for college students, it truly is what seperates those who struggle through a class and those who excel. In highchool it was easy to procrastinate until the day before a test or not even study at all, but in college making sure you understand the material is mainly up to you. Those who take their education into their own hands outside of class and make the effort to understand the material will certainly find their college experience to be less stressful and more rewarding.

Sydney

I would tell myself that while I should expect change, never forget who I am, because it's easy to get swept up into the craziness that is transitioning into college. Also, don't forget to keep in touch with home. Call your mother more often, too.

Our strong feelings of being a part of a community. Madison students are all about school pride and if you have some, then you have 40,000 friends.

The campus is large and full of excitement, with interesting things in which to participate or just observe, such as games, protests, and parties!

Upon Finding Myself in the Past (Double Meaning?): Listen, baby. I know you're all content with yourself right now; it's only September, it's your last year in this horrible high school, and you can spend the whole thing thinking about how great college will be. You're taking it easy in your classes and focusing on clubs and friends and fun things. This year is all about what doing what you feel like doing, isn't it? What you should do comes second, is that right? Well, guess what? I am so proud of you. Staying calm and cool like this is exactly what will make the terrifying transition of child to adult much less terrifying. You can trust me on that. So continue to do exactly what your little, easy-going heart desires. It all works itself out in the end.

While I'm not one for bragging, I always make sure to mention how close my residence hall is to the delicious ice cream served at Dejope.

Jelan

My classmates are engaging, community-oriented, diligent individuals who realize their dreams to solve others' problems.

Our school is best known for pioneering the Wisconsin Idea, the concept that the work of the University should empower every citizen of the state. Much of the research and professional activity here impacts the larger Madison and Wisconsin community. It's fun and an honor to contribute to that larger mission as a student.

I'm glad that you'll maintain the good habits that you established in high school at Yale. Continue to work smart and rest well to succeed as you encourage others on campus. You'll continue to make wise use of your professors and Career Services. Keep living your passion to empower marginalized communities. You will do this with Spanish and French-speaking communities in the United States and abroad. After college, you will do this through corporate social responsibility as a lawyer with a finance background. The friends and family that you have now will remain in school, and your compassion for others will develop many beautiful, long-lasting friendships. You'll enjoy cheering others on as you and your friends realize new goals and benefit the community. Congratulations on your success thus far. Enjoy what is to come!

Timothy

My school is very well-known for lots of things such as parties, good sports teams, and good facilities. I would say the thing we are most known for is our school spirit though. The students that attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison are loud and proud about attending this school, and the alumni are proud to associate themselves with the university and often come back to celebrate various accomplishments of the University.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to make sure that I study harder. I would want myself to develop better study habits so that I would not have to try to discover what study strategies work for me during my first semester of college. If I had established a solid base of study habits in high school, I think I would have had a better first semester of college.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who is not accepting of the diversity of the school, doesn't put 100% of themself into their studies, and doesn't enjoy the community atmosphere that Madison brings to the students. This kind of student would not do well in my University becasue diversity, education, and community are three big factors that seperate the University of Wisconsin-Madison from other universities.

Hui Young

The school with the best overall college experience in America.

The school with the best overall college experience in America.

Firstly, I would give a background introduction of each college and university I am interested in attending. Then, I would give a detailed explanation on the university's academic education and the various undergraduate majors offered, and how the programs can be used as a stepping stone in the future working environment or in graduate studies. Besides the academic aspect, I could also talk about campus life, including the people, culture, living residences, food, sports, transportation, costs and virtually everything else that will affect me. If the university is in a different city from that of my high school, I could give a general perspective on living in the city, and even introduce myself to new and interesting places of interest that I could visit, as well as what I could enjoy and what needs to be avoided. These advice will definitely help a newcomer, like my high school senior self, to integrate seamlessly into the college and city community, easing the pressure of adapting to the new environment.

The drug and drinking culture can be quite liberal and therefore their respective crime rates can be relatively high compared to other states.

Alex

Academics as I mentioned are very challenging. I can't speak for everyone, but as a business student its very difficult to get an A. I would say that the hardest courses require 30+ hours per week of studying outside of normal lecture.

It's unfair to try and describe 30,000 different people in a few sentences. There's tremendous diversity at Wisconsin (as is evidenced by the sheer number of organizations and majors). I think it's true that most people enjoy sports and are very motivated academically. I'd also say that most people are pretty social, good-looking, and outgoing. I think there are a lot of really well-rounded people at Wisconsin.

University of Wisconsin-Madison administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.