Madison, WI
University of Wisconsin-Madison

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Madison

Kelsey

A place where anyone can find their niche if they are willing to try.

A place where anyone can find their niche if they are willing to try.

The University of Wisconsin had a type of energy to it. When you walk around, you feel as though people are happy. The campus is awesome! There are tons of restuarants, bars, some lakes, and green space. It is the perfect college town that is actually within a city.

I would advise myself to wipe away any preconceived notions about what it means to grow up in a “normal” environment, as well as what it means to be “normal”. I grew up in a place where the norm was to finish high school and go to college. When people graduated from high school, you did not ask what people were going to do after graduation; you asked where they were going to school. This was normal to me. However, going through college and talking with people who grew up in different environments than me made me realize that there is no normal. People come from all different backgrounds and this shapes who they are. Learning from people of all backgrounds helps give you a different perspective on life. It helps you grow as a person and realize how you want to live your life. I believe people who never learn about lifestyles different from their own will never be able to understand some of the struggles people in this country go through. Because of college, I have a been able to challenge my view of the world and this has helped me have a better understanding of the world.

Jesse

A unique thing about UW-Madison compared to other schools I considered is the atmosphere. Students at Wisconsin love and are proud to be Badgers and represent this school. Another thing that is unique is football gamedays. The whole campus is a sea of red and everyone is out in the nice fall weather having fun and showing their school spirit. The Big 10 atmosphere of this school is unlike any other. Also what is unique is the academic prestige that the other schools I looked at lacked. This school is challenging and that's what makes it so great.

Some advice that I would give myself back as a high school senior is to take more challenging classes before getting to college. I didn't take easy classes but some AP classes like AP Biology or AP Chemistry really good've helped me do better in some of my gen ed classes I am taking this year. I am taking Zoology 101 currently and it is very similar to AP Biology. If I would've taken the AP class, I would be doing better in Zoology 101 and would have a great backround knowledge of Biology, compared to me now having not taken Biology since 9th grade. Another thing I know now that I would advise to my senior in high school self is learn how to truly study. In high school, I was never forced to study a lot, or study very intensely. My parents would tell me I need to learn to study before I get to college but I didn't know what they meant. College classes take many, many hours in your dorm room or at the library studying just to pass. I had no idea what the rigor would be like at Madison.

Before I came to the University of Wisconsin-Madison I wish that I had knew how important and beneficial it would have been to take more AP classes in high school. I received 6 college credits from my two passed AP tests which is equivalent to around half of a semester of credits. Having those free credits saves a ton of money, and also can prepare you a lot more for college level classes. I should've taken more AP classes.

Migena

Our battle is with the time. My mission is graduating in the regular process, even in the shorter time than the regular graduating. This means to me: To be perfectly organized, to spent the time with highest efficiency, to be very concentrated in studying. At least, to understand that I will be running in all my life. For me, the High School must be the right place where I should have learned how important a good schedule is, and especially, how important the schedule realization is.

UW Madison is a place of Academic Excellence where you can realise yourself in over than 160 majors. One of the top universities of academic resources, where you can explore new ideas, collaborate on new projects, experiment with cutting-edge technology or debate latest world news. UW Madison is the best place to live, as Madison Wisconsin has been named one of America's top ten cities to live in. A very friendly community with a lot of possibilities to connect with other students thru one of 800 student organizations. Home of Badgers, and home of 30 club sports.

Every person that has ambition to study hard, Every person that call himself a hardworker, Every person that voulunteer to others, like sport, art. Every person that wants to contribute in society and community.

Kaleigh

They spend a lot of time partying but at the same time balance time for school and are very dedicated to their studies.

I assumed my time at UW-Madison would be a breeze. My first semester proved this wrong. I wasn’t prepared to face the emotional, social, and academic challenges that hit me as soon as I arrived. At first, I clung to friends from high school. When these friends made new friends and I didn’t, I found myself alone. While the rest of my classmates found their place, I fell into the background and my grades suffered. Other students stayed close with their families, but I was always “too busy.” To top it off, I gained the “Freshman 15.” I contemplated dropping out. I’d lost my identity. Soon I realized I needed to step out of my comfort zone and make communication a priority. I developed friendships. Having friends for support, made everything easier. I joined student organizations, got to know my instructors and reconnected with my family. Soon my grades improved. Instead of just another student on campus, I started to feel significant. I’m learning to appreciate communication. The more people I meet, the more connections and opportunities I’ve had. This huge campus gets a little smaller each time I see a familiar smile.

Lindsay

We party hard, study hard, and produce leaders. We have a lot of wild campus-wide parties like Haloween and Miflin Street Block Party. We also have a lot of libraries that are amazing and open at all hours. Students spend a lot of time studying. Seventeen chief executive officers of Fortune 500 companies hold degrees from University of Wisconsin-Madison, making the Badgers one of the largest producers of today's corporate leaders.

Listen up, you don't have to rush this. Education is about being involved, and that means forming a relationship with knowledge, with your teachers, your peers, and your community. Yes, your parents want you to finish in 4 years and then get a job. Maybe you think it will look bad if you don't, or if it takes you longer or you want to start making money or don't want to graduate without your friends, but this is can be the beginning of a lifelong relationship with what makes you a passionate, cultivated, and self-reflexive citizen. Being educated is a privelege. Attending lectures with 500 other anonymous, voiceless students, never knowing your professor, cramming for tests, and never applying the knowledge as you learn it is, is a shame. This is the moment in life when you are priveleged enough to be given the space, the time, and the resources to really learn something about the world and yourself. Take your time.

Only three schools awarded more degrees to Fortune 500 CEOs than UW-Madison: Harvard University (58), Columbia University (21) and University of Pennsylvania (20) And the lakes are beautiful. We have great lakeside trails.

Kelsey

Save the money! I worked throughout high school and always spent the money I earned right away on things that I do not even use anymore. The biggest stressor during my college career, other than school, has been money. I would tell myself to save as much as I could because, there are some emergencies that happen that you cannot control. I would also tell myself to stay true to who I am. Once I got into college, there are a couple of times that I have questioned about who I was, if I was doing the right thing, and if I was where I belonged. I would say that get to know yourself as best as you can while you're in high school, because it saves time during college of trying to figure out who you are. The last thing I would tell myself is that you have a blank slate. You are going to a new place where people may or may not know you. Embrace that, try new things, do not dwell on things that happend in high school, because nobody cares in college. You have a blank slate where you can become whoever you want.

A person that likes the city. They also have to be culturally competent, as there are a number of different cultures apparent at this school. They also have to be academically driven, because the courses are rigorous here. However, they also have to know how to have a good time, as Badgers tend to "Work Hard and Play Hard." This person should be open to experiencing and trying new things, as well as independent.

I think that this school could do a better job recruiting diverse minorities. There are a lot of international students that go here, but the school could do a better job recruiting more diverse environment within the US. The school should also look into parking for students that live off campus. Finding parking on campus is either crazy expensive or not available.

Alicia

My high school career was the best time of my life. I had the opportunity to participate in various clubs and academic honor societies. I also had the opportunity to explore my interests, but unfortunately, those four years had to come to an end. During my senior year of high school, I worked extremely hard to complete college admissions applications. I put work into making sure that I had strong letters of recommendation and a very well-written essay. However, I overlooked one very important process, which was the financial aid process, so if I were a high school senior, I would give myself advice about financial aid. Going through the financial aid process is one of the most difficult processes as a graduating senior. There is a lot to learn and understand about this process before going to college. I would advise myself to apply for scholarships that I am eligible for. Receiving scholarships would have allowed me the opportunity to study abroad for a longer period of time as an undergraduate. I am in a professional program now and funding is very limited, but having scholarships can undoubtedly relieve the financial burden of out of pocket expenses.

The best things about the University of Wisconsin-Madison is the student organizations. There are a variety of student organizations and clubs on campus. Some organizations are social while others are academic. Each organization and club has its own specific purpose. Each Fall, there is a student organization fair in which all of the organizations on campus participate to recruit new members. Being a member of a student organization is a great way to improve your social skills, network with other students, and stay connected to the campus overall.

The University of Wisconsin-Madison is a very popular school in the Wisconsin university system. It is a big ten school. It is famous for its sports such as basketball and football. It is an awesome school and looks good on resumes!

Before attending college I thought I had to know what I wanted to do with my life - I wish I knew that wasn't necessary. After graduating, I still don't know exactly what I want to do. Going into school I wish I had known to look into multiple organizations and a variety of classes to have options and new ideas. I feel as though I limited myself by not being more involved. I wish someone told me to not be lazy and take advantage of all the opportunites available to me.

I have surprisingly few things to say to my high school self. The first thing I would tell me is to save the money on the application to my "backup" school because I knew all along I wouldn't go there even if it was my only acceptance. I feel as though I transitioned relatively well to college life. One thing that I would tell myself is to get involved right away freshman year. I would confirm that I should run track, but I would tell myself to not let that deter me from getting involved in other organizations - track doesn't last forever. Along with organizations, I would tell myself to not be lazy and join a research lab and/or find a good summer internship to give me experience for the future. I am extremely happy with how my college career turned out, but, when I look back, I feel as though I missed some good opportunities. If only I really could talk to my high school self. Keep dreaming, right?

Anyone can attend this university. The variety of organizations, classes, clubs, etc. offer opportunities for anyone and everyone. It is near impossible to not find your niche at the University of Wisconsin - Madison.

There are so many opportunities at UW-Madison. It offers over 700 clubs and organizations. They are one of the top higher education institutions in the Midwest, with great academics. There is something for everyone there.

Someone who isn't willing to work hard probably shouldn't be attending UW-Madison. The courses ae rigorous and meant to challenge the studnets in a way that they haven't faced before. They want students that are going to make a difference and shape the future.

Tucker

Madison is a not only a school, but a community united in one thing, BUCKY.

Madison is a not only a school, but a community united in one thing, BUCKY.

Don't judge any person, any lifestyle, or any method. In a world where anything goes, you learn quick that those you once thought outcasts or losers will later become your best friends. Everyone does it differently, and there is no wrong way. High school taught you the basic pattern of how to get to an answer or destination. College will disect that method, introduce new ones, and leave it up to you to decide the best one for you. Not only in academics, but in relationships, work, and life in general. Open your door to new things. College is the time to try them. But! remember your limits. There is a fine line between immersing yourself in a new crowd and accepting their values; and becoming a part of something you will later regret.

University of Wisconsin-Madison administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.