University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

So many opportunities. If you want to do something, you can find it on this campus, it's just up to you to seek it out. We have over 60 programs in the top 20 of the nation, meaning that whatever you want to study, is going to most likely be top-notch. School spirit, hard academics, beautiful city, amazing faculty, it's a lot to take in and a lot to live up to, but it's worth it.

Madison is not just a college town. You are right in with the community of Madison so you get to interact with the people who live here and become a part of the city. There are tons of opportunities to do things in other aspects of Madison besides the University. Having the state capitol just a few blocks away makes you realize just how important of a city you are living in.

It has wonderful research opportunities. The professors here are very knowledgable and also find time to do research. A lot of the research is changing the lives of others and is therefore important. I'm doing research in cognitive development with one of my professors and the goal is to improve teaching methods for math which I feel is very beneficial.

I would say Wisconsin prepares me for the real world because the people I sit next to in lecture, are the same ones I may be working with in the future. My school breaks the social norm of races hanging out only with their race. On campus, you can see all races hanging out with one another, simply because they want to, not because they have to.

Madison offers high-quality education at a great price. It is well-known as a research school and is consistently ranked with the top schools in the country. It is located between two beautiful lakes and the campus is one of the most beautiful that I have ever seen. The people are friendly and the Badgers football team is great!

It has two different parts of campus, one is more laid back with nature trails and more green space and the other is more city like and where most of the partying takes place. There are a lot of concerts, events, and speakers that come to campus and off campus, and everything is relatively easy to walk or take a bus to.

At the end of the day, the academics are great, but pretty much everything else has sucked completely for me, to put it simply. I feel that I may be more of an exception than a rule, but most of my friends agree with me on my complaints... Take what you will from my description - it's different for everybody.

Something that sets apart the University of Wisconsin-Madison is the school pride that is found there. On football game day, you can see the crowds flocking to the stadium in a sea of red apparrel. People are prideful in being, and having been Badgers, and that forms a comraderie which last for a lifetime.

The friendly and open attitudes of the students distinguished UW-Madison from other universities of its size and calibre. Students are smiling and accessible, and always ready to help out a fellow Badger by passing along their lecture notes or helping someone that slipped on the treacherous Bascom Hill.

Great scholarships available. Advisors were very helpful and advising me about the various majors available on campus. There are posters about how to be environmentally friendly hung around campus. Most people who attend this school are valedictorians. There are high expectations to do well here.