University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

When promoting UW-Madison I often mention how it is one of the most highly accredited universities in the nation for a variety of academic programs. Besides academics, I rave about the campus' beautiful setting with Madison's state capital straight down the charming State Street to the top of historic Bascom Hill. Not to mention that the Memorial Union's terrace overlooks Lake Mendota with a lakeshore path encircling the lake. Also, the big ten atmosphere provides a wealth of activities. Madison is scenic, filled with history, and lots of culture which makes it an invigorating place for learning.

The interesting cultural classes that I'm enrolled in, example African Storyteller. The social events hosted at school buildings that feature sororities or fraternaties of minority groups that involve dancing. They tend to be fun and bring minority students together. I came from a majority white community so it was a new and exhilirating experience to attend UW-Madison and have a multi-cultural campus to be involved in, even though they are still the minority at Wisconsin. I enjoy being a part of the different social groups and attending the events. It is very educating.

UW Madison is a place of Academic Excellence where you can realise yourself in over than 160 majors. One of the top universities of academic resources, where you can explore new ideas, collaborate on new projects, experiment with cutting-edge technology or debate latest world news. UW Madison is the best place to live, as Madison Wisconsin has been named one of America's top ten cities to live in. A very friendly community with a lot of possibilities to connect with other students thru one of 800 student organizations. Home of Badgers, and home of 30 club sports.

The school spirit. Wisoconsin recently celebrated the 100th anniversary of our school song, "On, Wisconsin!" and I have never felt prouder to be part of the university. There really is no other place like UW-Madison - it offers so many opportunites for learning - formally and informally. It's impossible to describe to friends that don't go here, but they are able to get a small taste of what it feels like to be a badger when they go to a football or hockey game, etc. That experience is very unique to this university because of its history and traditions.

When I tell others about my school the one thing that I like to point out is the large, beautiful campus which stretches across the Madison area. There is so much space to walk and places to go right on the campus and it definitely is a major point of attraction for anyone considering the school. The university I attend is also recognized nationwide as one of the top and toughest universities academically, and it gives me great pride to let others know that I am one of the many students deemed qualified enough to further my education here.

My residence hall is one of the newest buildings built. and I love it. The rooms are half the size bigger, share bathrooms with 4 other people, open kitchen on every floor, and plenty of studying space with a great environment. There is also a music room and a computer lab with all huge Apple computers. Newell?s Caf? is on main floor serving something different every day, even Breakfast for Dinner (pancakes/waffles topped with whipped cream). Our ice cream and milk is the best because it is from our very own loving cows on campus.

Our campus environment is very large and diverse. We have the capitol and busy city on the east side, Lake Monona on the north side, peaceful surroundings on the west side, and a residential are on the south side. Our school is really well known for it's research, and we have made many breakthroughs in the past 10 years. We have over 800 clubs that you can join for free, and the students are VERY welcoming to all! UW-Madison is a big college town with a lot to offer, from sports to religious life. ON WISCONSIN!

I love UW-Madison's campus--it's gorgeous. We have some really new, architecturally interesting buildings like Grainger Hall, but we also have several really old, historically significant ones like Science Hall. My favorite building is probably Sterling Hall though, because one side is covered in vines. It's especially pretty in the Fall when the vines change colors. But my favorite room to have a lecture in is definitely the big one in Bascom Hall, because the giant windows are so nice on sunny days.

There is no pride like Badger pride. From orientation all the way through graduation, a UW student is keenly aware that he or she belongs to something. That 'something' isn't easily defined... it's an amalgamation of 5th quarter football, Halloween on State Street, autumn mornings on Bascom Hill and the way alumni smile when you tell them you're a Badger. Whatever it is, knowing that you're part of a college experience only a fraction of American students get to have is something I'll always brag about!

I brag about all of the things that there are to do in Madison. No matter what time it is or the day, you can always find something to do. There are 24 hour libraries for studying, lots of parties, and lots of times and places to have clean, good fun. Football, Hockey, and Basketball are big. The Hoofers outing club offers many opportunies to get out into the outdoors for a minimal price. Also there are plenty of job and volunteer opportunities. There is always something to do in Madison, WI!