University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

The campus is very big and it can take almost an hour to walk from one end to the other. When it's the middle of december with negative 20 temperatures, it can kind of suck to have to walk that.

The worst thing about my school is that if you don't drink alcohol there can sometimes be not much to do on the weekends. There aren't any movie theatres or bowling alleys etc near campus.

If someone is shy and don't feel comfortable seeking out help from professors, TAs or advisors, they won't get help. It's a big city so there may be more crime than other places

The schol is so diverse, it can be hard to focus on the area you are intrested in without getting distracted by the social activities or even coursework outside of the major.

Addmision to select schools/colleges is easier for transfer students so that hurts students that start enrolled here. Homicide rates in the city is high.

The favoritism of minorities is the worst thing about UW Madison. More scholarships at Madison should be based on academic earnings, not your ethnicity.

One of the down falls is that that campus is large. In winter when it gets very cold and snowy its not pleasant to walk to the other side of campus.

If someone thinks there is absolute truth, they are considered intolerant. But people are intolerant of people who believe in absolute truth.

The drug and drinking culture can be quite liberal and therefore their respective crime rates can be relatively high compared to other states.

There are so many people, it is difficult to get into classes, and some classes are more difficult than the amount of credit received.