University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

The stereotypes. Everyone knows, in our Big Ten legacy, we love to party! Give us anything, and we'll make an event out of it. February 29th? A Leap Year's "new year" party. Superbowl Sunday? Blue drinks all around! (go giants!) And I need not mention our infamous 3 nights annually celebrating Halloween. But what is there not to celebrate? With some of the best sports teams in the country, along with the praised Business and Journalism programs here at the UW, what is there not to celebrate?

everyone calls madison a party school. says the students are drunks and rambunctious. this is... pretty true.. madison kids know how to have fun. BUT the stereotype usually leaves out how well-balanced we are (for the most part).. in that the library is always packed until 2 in the morning. during finals week.. people don't even go home! the achedemics are intense and the party scene is just kind of a well-deserved reward for all we work for

Some people think that Wisconsin comprises a weird mixture of cheeseheads and liberal hippies. Cows, Cheese, and Brett Favre are the only subjects that a native Wisconsin person thinks about, while there is this idea that Madison is a liberal oasis in a conservative state.

People from Wisconsin only drink beer and eat cheese. People from Wisconsin are very sheltered, live in small towns on farms. Wisconsin students drink alcohol and party a lot. Madison is very liberal in political views.

Stereotypes. Wisconsin students and lewd, crude and uncontrollable. We party hard and all the time, but somehow find the time to study. We all come from farms and are crazy liberals.

Liberal, smart, partyers. There student population of too diverse to really have that many stereotypes - there's coasties, farmers from Wisconsin, students from Illinois and Minnesota.

There's definitely a stereotype of Wisconsin students being rowdy alcoholics. I would also say there's a stereotype about the large number of Asian Americans who attend school here.

Good-looking, smart, non-stop partiers, huge sports fans, athletic, love dairy products, not diverse, lot of asians, coasties and sconnies.

That Wisconsin is all farmland and there is nothing to do. Also the stereotypes of a beer drinking, cheese eating population.

Stereotypes about UW students from the East or West coast is they are rich, dumb, and obnoxious.