University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

Because it offers so many opportunities, UW-Madison helps students discover their dreams, goals and ambitions. It is a school best suited for the inquisitive, energetic and spirited student; adventure awaits every Badger willing to find it. Wisconsin has a wild reputation, and the football aficionado will surely flourish on campus. But the stereotype tells only part of the story; everyone can find camaraderie at Wisconsin. Strolling through campus in the crisp autumn air, admiring the changing leaves and glimmering Lake Mendota, the aspiring author, scientist or environmentalist will sense that deep, peaceful feeling that says, “You’re home.”

People who are very outgoing (extraverted) are encouraged to attend this school because the school culture is encouraging people to have fun during the school year and collaborated with each other for that purpose. However, even if you are not extraverted (meaning, if you're very shy), you should still consider UW-Madison because there are so much opportunities to get involved in so many things such as fencing and other recreational clubs, student government, ethnic clubs and other clubs based on your major / school. You will NEVER have an experience like the "Wisconsin Experience" and find learning exciting.

I would say someone who is looking to get a great education in a very diverse city that presents a fantastic environment for both socializing and academics. The UW Madison is a pretty large school and here you will find people of many different backgrounds, and as well as the resources available to pursue what you wish to do in life. The people here are extremely friendly, and while UW Madison may be known for its party scene, sport culture, political scene, and more, everyone will be able to find their niche, as long as they can survive winter.

Students who have a desire to be a part of something bigger than themselves! Madison is a learning environment that pushes you to excel in the world of academia! They are on the cusp of research and advancements in technology in every school in the university! If you need a lot of assistance, Madison is not the place for you! It is a school that thrives on individual and collective creativity and they want you to push yourself, not hold your hand! If you love school, want to push yourself, and want to be a part of something amazing-GOUW!

The kind of person who should attend Madison should be open-minded. He or she should be motivated and ambitious and excited about life and learning. He or she should have a sense of school spirit and pride. It helps for this person to be confident and aware of his or her abilities. He or she should be up for challenges and enjoy meeting new and different people. Someone who attends Madison should want to explore all that the campus has to offer, to get the most out of the amazing college expereince Madison has to offer.

Realistically, anyone could find a place to fit in at UW Madison. There are hundreds of student groups, interest groups, organizations, clubs, and other activites to get involved with, it is nearly impossible not to find a special niche. The professors, acadedemic advisors, and staff at UW are fantastic, and there is an amazing balance between academics and social life at the school. A person best fit for this school, however, should be open minded, academically driven, socially outgoing, and motivated to succeed.

Someone who is very open to meeting lots of new and different people. They should have an appreciation for music and fine arts. Its a great place for those who like the small town influence but bigger city feel. Being a sports fan isn't necessary, but the football games are hard to avoid. Anyone who loves the outdoors and outdoor activities (biking, hiking, canoeing, boating etcc.). Also, they should have a love and/or appreciation for dairy, especially cheese, and Wisconsin brewed beer.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is driven and wants to be in an environment that will push them to succeed. UW-Madison students are open-minded, creative, and excited to learn. There are multiple venues with which to try out different or foreign activities and challenge anyone who comes to this school. The kind of person who should attend UW-Madison is the kind of person who is willing and loves to work hard and then play hard when it's done.

A person that wants to take advantage of a lot of opportunities and not just sit around and waste there college experience by not getting involved in some way. Any person whether or not they have a plan for their career can benefit from the vastness of opportunites that are present at the University of Wisconsin. I guess another attribute of a person who should attend this school is someone who wants to be part of a great tradition and is proud of what they do.

Students that would like to attend the UW should be hard working, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who posses leadership qualities. Madison is a very large university with thousands of different classes and organizations. Through these, the university provides opportunites for many different types of people with a wide span of interests. Socially, students should be prepared to be surrounded by many people with a lot of school spirit.